Whats for sale (in Australia ) and interesting Thread

the other school of thought would be if you spend too much time procrastinating (analysing) you are just going to miss out as many on PFA will attest to. Accept the new reality and go buy a car. Who cares if it loses 20% in the short term because of some global  blip. 

1. you will have a great car 

2. all normal cars depreciate, but if you have chosen well you might get lucky and avoid this phenomenon. 

3. You will have a great car

Bravo sir

He definitely knows what he's doing.

I think he is the wallet-raping dealer...

“We’ve got an algorithm-based program where we see the arbitrage pricing of cars up to five years old,” says Denny. “We source these cars in Europe and other countries that we are retailing in, and then sell them to dealers in those countries. It is a commodity and we are doing the arbitrage. We are downloading data every five minutes across many websites. As soon as these cars appear on the market we analyse it very quickly. Information is then given to the call centre who call or email the [sellers]. We have 50 mobile buyers spread around the country and we can take that car out of the market within one hour.”

http://www.brw.com.au/p/lists/rich-200/2015/used_denny_salesman_tony_fortune_XDWoyxIZA3Qv3pVxYjUppI

http://gosfordclassiccarmuseum.com.au/

Not going to "quote" Smit2100, no need for another copy of his clutter. But surely he deserves an gold medal award from someone for his post - never read a post anything like it!

Simple answer is, Smit you have too much time on your hands. You have missed the boat and just dig in and buy one!! The silver $139000 in question or the messed with hotted up $125000, doesn't matter which, just freakin buy any 996TT!!  (before the + or - advertised price is raised E = MC2  but actually cash sold half a sale at Pi R Sqd) explodes your brain....

Don't get me wrong Smit, I think the 15 min reading your post and then the 15min mulling the confusion in my brain was time well spent and thoroughly entertaining, thankyou for that.

Me thinks you enjoy the chase of the purchase and equations of the "opinion/assumption" of price/worth in your head, (that doesn't reflect the reality of any actual sale) more than the actual owning and driving and pampering of one of these cars. Think of all the fun you have missed out on over the past 6 months of ownership if you had have brought one!

I have to move on, life is short but my thought on this bit ""3rd Car  Silver / black combo in Tassie, Initially advertised just under 130k, taken off car sales in about a week.  I would rate this as a genuine sale.  I didn't enquire because year of the  year, (after a post 2002 year build) . At guess I would say owner would advertised circa high 120's and would have taken circa 100k and happy with that"" - You rate this as a genuine sale and assume he wiped $30,000 off a 130K price?? Maybe he took 130,000 for it?? 

The reality of a any transaction is that an item will sell for what a buyer's opinion of it is worth to him, at the same minute of what the seller's opinion of what it is worth to him coincides!

Please just buy any TT for your sanity....and thanks again for the infotainment