Whats for sale (in Australia ) and interesting Thread

Hmmmmmmmmmm   not good then 

Was a tip…lots of money for that conversion to be right , dash , computer , box  and more …couldnt see its worth the while …maybe linked to 4WD system aso ..if I recall correctly 

Thoughts on this 996 tt for sale 

looks like it may have  done some track days ?

http://www.carsales.com.au/dealer/details/Porsche-911-2003/OAG-AD-12369355/?Cr=6

I remember when $125k seemed like a lot to pay for a very low km one that came up maybe 8 months ago. Definitely year of the 996TT! ;)

A few 928s have popped up for sale over the last week, this is not the best of them but just caught my eye. A rare manual, nice colour, wrong wheels, crap photos though (I think they just want to show off their other car... ;) ) http://www.carsales.com.au/private/details/Porsche-928-1978/SSE-AD-3829205/?Cr=0

This also looks nice http://www.gumtree.com.au/s-ad/secret-harbour/cars-vans-utes/1981-porsche-928/1102854131

Are the days of sub $100K over ,for a low km tt 2003 on  ?  , but for a bit more you can get a 997

Definitely, would be lucky to find a cab auto under $100k now - they seem to have dried up, must be the sun is out!

My dilemma is that I am awaiting an inheritance that is being contested and in it's final legs, (apparently!!) and have a 996 TT man coupe earmarked as the car for me. I think I am obsessed because of the wait! I've now driven and inspected one on car sales, the silver one mentioned a page or so back, and they are a top car in my book. Here's the rundown of the 7 advertised on carsales IMO... I am definatly obsessed hahah

1st one - Grey 98k Qld is an import and priced ok I guess, high k's, but who wants an import for all the usual reasons, bar rust .... 2nd one - Red $144k Vic is "red", hmmm, and wheels and sideskirts etc look odd ... 3rd one Silver $125 WA - series 1 model, advert is way over the top and convoluted and it's been way hotted up and severely messed with .... 4th one Silver $139 Vic is the one I drove and want, extremely impressed with the condition, the drive, originality, k's etc and price has dropped a few times .... 5th one Silver $124 Qld - have spoken to him and condition etc doesn't sound as good as I would like or expect (at least he's honest!) ... 6th one Blue $130k NSW - series 1 model, Turbo S stickers, really? some would love the colour, I don't, and messed with bumpers, wheels etc etc ... 7th one $130k - Vic seems a reasonable one but have tried contacting him 7 or 8 times over the month by phone, email, pigeon morse code hahaah and never a reply....

So it seems the buy it price seems to sit from $120k to $140k for a good to immaculate series 2 Manual coupe and that is where they sit, and heading north. Cant wait to have one in my garage courtesy of my dear old gran, cmon legal beagles hurry up before they are out of my reach. Frustrating!!

Did anyone here buy the red Targa from Gumtree?

It went for $32k. I was chatting with the guy quite a bit before it became an 'auction'. I'd said I would take it just after it was listed at $23500, then so did lots of other people :( So he decided to 'auction'. During the day, he told that offers were around $25k and that he wanted it to go to me or one other guy. This said to me that I was well within a chance at not much higher than the asking price. He told me he didn't want it to go to a dealer or get flipped for a quick profit.

This was going to be a first 911 for me and I organised a lot thinking I was in with a fighting chance. At about 6pm I asked where it was at and he responded that it was low to mid 30s. As you can imagine I was gutted. It felt like the rug was pulled from underneath me at the last moment. I understand the seller wanted $, but I think it could have been handled differently. I wasted a lot of time on it!

It also meant I missed out on the yellow Targa that was also on Gumtree 

It went for $32k. I was chatting with the guy quite a bit before it became an 'auction'. I'd said I would take it just after it was listed at $23500, then so did lots of other people :( So he decided to 'auction'. During the day, he told that offers were around $25k and that he wanted it to go to me or one other guy. This said to me that I was well within a chance at not much higher than the asking price. He told me he didn't want it to go to a dealer or get flipped for a quick profit.

This was going to be a first 911 for me and I organised a lot thinking I was in with a fighting chance. At about 6pm I asked where it was at and he responded that it was low to mid 30s. As you can imagine I was gutted. It felt like the rug was pulled from underneath me at the last moment. I understand the seller wanted $, but I think it could have been handled differently. I wasted a lot of time on it!

It also meant I missed out on the yellow Targa that was also on Gumtree 

Was this red targa located in Bendigo Vic?

928S for the price of a major service on a GT car....oh dear

https://www.carsales.com.au/private/details/Porsche-928-1985/SSE-AD-3814353

In 30 years' time there will be many oh dears amongst the 986/996/KN fraternity!

Whilst we can still enjoy classics , a $3k 928 is worth saving. I mean , if it was a contemporary Ferrari people would be all over it like a nappy rash. And it's a much better car - just they made "too many" of them to be "valuable". One day , however.