Whats for sale (in Australia ) and interesting Thread

Forward dating / backward dating / sideways dating.....whatever.....my main point on this car is that it is fugly. Any fugly dating car is a waste of money.

wow...no way i would have predicted someone saying that in relation to that gargoyle:)

he bought a 928 :ph34r: (and I run for coverj

In a world where every second AC 911 seems to be back dated, I do not find this offensive at all. I would not buy it or own it but can see it's merits (trying to copy one of the greatest P cars of all time!).

Back dating is accepted by and large, not my cup of tea at all but each to his own, but any form of forward dating or other Porsche replication is cast out as evil. I do find this odd?

Sure it makes the car less valuable but if you want to go for it...  Will the back dating fad fall to the wayside in similar fashion as forward dating and cars become less and less valuable over the years when people seek out original 911s..... my 2c worth :)

common ANF...you're just pissed because you can't back date or forward date a 928 ;) 

let as many people as possible screw around with their cars! (makes the originals more valuable)

common ANF...you're just pissed because you can't back date or forward date a 928 ;) 

Actually I can :)

Take the spoilers off and it is a non S (back date), change the front and rear bumper and tail lights and it is an S4 (forward date) - Simple :P

But actually, they got the 928 design so right that big changes were not needed :D

Trust me, you aren't the only smartarse and sarcastic prick that posts annoying posts in this thread:)

Frank Zappa , Ricky Gervais and other hugely successful wealthy people often pop up on teh interwebz.

As they say,  if you find me offensive , stop effing finding me :D

Didn't Frank Zappa die in 1993? Hasn't the news reached tassie yet? ;) 

Getting a touch OT ; indeed he did , but the effect lives on. Creative people leave legacies

Is this new on the scene? http://www.gumtree.com.au/s-ad/mortlake/cars-vans-utes/1978-porsche-911-sc-red-5-speed-sportmatic-targa/1103011215

It may or may not need another engine rebuild in around 45K km

Now available for sale to an astute investor or someone looking for a true classic to store or restore.

Restore? 

Edited by tazzieman

Dare to dream gents ...I reckon the man who drives this sugar plum confection cares not a hoot and may get flipped the bird alot less than some in the sandbox. Cheap parlour tricks n all wack a dmorris roof on it or my hardtop... BTW Thought IT WAS YOTC? Fickle 

If i were spending $150K at the moment this would be a very hard car to go past.

997.2 GTS  Manual PDK Coupe  *Edit: Advert initially said manual 

http://www.carsales.com.au/private/details/_/SSE-AD-3859333?WT.seg_4

cp5201581240719780913.jpg?aspect=FitWith  cp5109800556287796505.jpg?aspect=FitWith

Edited by TrevMcRev

If i were spending $150K at the moment this would be a very hard car to go past.

997.2 GTS  Manual PDK Coupe  *Edit: Advert initially said manual 

http://www.carsales.com.au/private/details/_/SSE-AD-3859333?WT.seg_4

cp5201581240719780913.jpg?aspect=FitWith  cp5109800556287796505.jpg?aspect=FitWith

The Kid say that's a lot of car for the money given some of the moonshot priced NA AC offerings on the market at the moment.

Kinda Claytons GT3

The 996tt I have purchased which got put on a truck today

Good work Smitty!

I am sooooooo looking forward to your posts on engine oil selection!

Who's Norm and why would it hurt him?

And why is he called Joe on Carsales?

And BTW, does anyone actually pay over $120k for a good used 3.2 or is that another flight of fantacy? (Happy to be proven wrong on this point so don't hold back!)

Pretty sure this car was up for sale about 2 years ago for $60k. I think it was this one as it used to be parked near my office and I'd walk past it each day.

http://www.carsales.com.au/private/details/Porsche-911-Carrera-1987/SSE-AD-3818971/?Cr=29 now in visually better condition and asking $129k
cp4965867718380733983.jpg?aspect=FitWith