Whats for sale (in Australia ) and interesting Thread

Depends how fussy you are really

One mans treasure is anothers trash. As I mentioned, I'd buy it if I was in the market, because I'm not that fussy with Oz delivered being a must. If it looks good and goes well but needs a little TLC, I'm happy with that, as for $50k or a tad more, what else is available? I have a brief video of it too

SA has very strict rules when it comes to vehicle inspections for rego, and theres no way in a fit a car would get passed if it was dodgy. The owner told me it took a few goes for them to be satisfied it was roadworthy, and he showed me a list of receipts and all the documentation that the inspection mob required him to have changed. 

He also has an Oz delivered 70something hot rod (76 I think) in metallic blue for sale at around $75k. Possibly a white Japanese Turbo Targa coming up for sale too. That has some horrid side skirts that are being removed. 

Is it worth stumping up the cash, buying it sight unseen and putting it on a truck..!?  I can't find what I want, maybe I should buy what you want and call it a good deal.!  ;)

It's only a 2 hour flight .... I'm sure there will be 1 or 2 people that would be happy to meet you and go with you to look at the car.

This 74 with steel Turbo guards and tail is advertised on Gumtree for $59k here in Adelaide. Its a Hong Kong car that was a real pig for sale in WA early last year or maybe even before that.

I drove it today, and if anyone is not bothered with the import/non Aussie delivered thing and wants a cheap 3.0, I would be having a look at it. It does have some minor paint blemishes here n there, yet overall I was surprised at how good it looks with most panel gaps pretty good. A 10 foot car you could call it I spose. The interior is very good, and overall its in good condition. Drove very well and tracked very straight when braking and letting go of the steering wheel (Momo i think). Sounded incredible too! It has had a few grand spent on suspension and other little things. The owner is a nice bloke and was very honest, as he pointed things out that I hadnt noticed (I was still on a high from driving it!) 

If I had $50k I'd buy it

20160223_134313.jpg

is it good? I'll buy it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

http://www.carsales.com.au/private/details/Porsche-911-2010/SSE-AD-3740697/?Cr=0

Reduced and the owner is happy to take less...

Is it worth stumping up the cash, buying it sight unseen and putting it on a truck..!?  I can't find what I want, maybe I should buy what you want and call it a good deal.!  ;)

I'm happy to view it again on your behalf, and take some photos of certain areas

This 74 with steel Turbo guards and tail is advertised on Gumtree for $59k here in Adelaide. Its a Hong Kong car that was a real pig for sale in WA early last year or maybe even before that.

I drove it today, and if anyone is not bothered with the import/non Aussie delivered thing and wants a cheap 3.0, I would be having a look at it. It does have some minor paint blemishes here n there, yet overall I was surprised at how good it looks with most panel gaps pretty good. A 10 foot car you could call it I spose. The interior is very good, and overall its in good condition. Drove very well and tracked very straight when braking and letting go of the steering wheel (Momo i think). Sounded incredible too! It has had a few grand spent on suspension and other little things. The owner is a nice bloke and was very honest, as he pointed things out that I hadnt noticed (I was still on a high from driving it!) 

If I had $50k I'd buy it

20160223_134313.jpg

Is that the WA car that people were scared of? I never saw it so have no idea. If it is, has it had work done since?

I am quite partial to a fat bottomed Porsche. I don't need another red Porsche.

I was in Sydney today and dropped into CTS. I like the look of the the Martini and the Ron Goodman 70T hot rod. For that sort of money, though, you could turn this red 74 into something pretty cool.

Lee, its good for a non purist and someone who isn't bothered with a few little paint problems. 10 feet away you probably can't see them. He said $52k to me.

The way I see it, is that its a rhd imported car, non original body, wheels, engine etc, yet for someone that just wants a 911 thats tidy and goes like the clappers (I drive a van and a Ford Territory, so don't gauge its power on my thoughts!). Its probably worth the asking price, but not more

Lee, its good for a non purist and someone who isn't bothered with a few little paint problems. 10 feet away you probably can't see them. He said $52k to me.

The way I see it, is that its a rhd imported car, non original body, wheels, engine etc, yet for someone that just wants a 911 thats tidy and goes like the clappers (I drive a van and a Ford Territory, so don't gauge its power on my thoughts!). Its probably worth the asking price, but not more

Cheers for letting me know... Do you have a run down of its history? non original body? numbers matching? Don't want to trouble you if it isn't something that's worth while.

74 model with Turbo guards, genuine tail and front lip. 3.0 fitted with 5 speed. Its definitely not original, nor is it matching numbers

In all honesty Lee, and I say this with all due respect to you and your documented purchases, I would say this car is not for you knowing what you own, and have owned. Its more attractive to someone like me who doesn't have the funding to buy a perfect example of a 911. Its a modified car that doesnt have much, if any, documented history. I do know it was a pig 12 to 18 months ago, but quite a bit of cash has been spent on it since

Thanks Lee... It makes sense cause I thought it was a 930 Turbo 3.0 and couldn't believe why no one has jumped on it! My mistake.

At the moment I'm testing the waters on my GT3, I don't want to sell it but I don't know why I sold the RS a year ago (2,600kms for $330,000), cause now I want one but I'm waiting for the market to come back.

BTW duttons bought the 1,500km GT3RS from QLD and it sold for $452,000.

If I had $50k I'd buy it

20160223_134313.jpg

I like

Depends how fussy you are really

One mans treasure is anothers trash. As I mentioned, I'd buy it if I was in the market, because I'm not that fussy with Oz delivered being a must. If it looks good and goes well but needs a little TLC, I'm happy with that, as for $50k or a tad more, what else is available? I have a brief video of it too

SA has very strict rules when it comes to vehicle inspections for rego, and theres no way in a fit a car would get passed if it was dodgy. The owner told me it took a few goes for them to be satisfied it was roadworthy, and he showed me a list of receipts and all the documentation that the inspection mob required him to have changed. 

He also has an Oz delivered 70something hot rod (76 I think) in metallic blue for sale at around $75k. Possibly a white Japanese Turbo Targa coming up for sale too. That has some horrid side skirts that are being removed. 

Lee - Can I ask why you test drove it if you're not in the market?  I'm not trying to be critical, it just seems like a waste of your time and the seller's time?  Did he know you weren't interested in buying it?

Lee - Can I ask why you test drove it if you're not in the market?  I'm not trying to be critical, it just seems like a waste of your time and the seller's time?  Did he know you weren't interested in buying it?

lee just advertised it to 1000's of Porsche nuts - how is that a waste of time?

You sold too early Tom... YOTC4!

i think you are right...

Is that the WA car that people were scared of? I never saw it so have no idea. If it is, has it had work done since?

I am quite partial to a fat bottomed Porsche. I don't need another red Porsche.

if it's the the one i looked at the wiring loom needs serious work and there is rust on the inside of the wide body where it is welded to the car.

that was some years ago though and i hope has been rectified as per lee's post

Edited by clutch-monkey

notwithstanding what the current or prev or seller before may or may not have done  - this car if it was the WA red rust monster had more issues to resolve than just the pan replacement. True though 12 months back perps were saying 30k was entry point for tired old things. today? 50k + - is not bad buying. Though personally id be happy to drive a real tidy converted car for the same money

Edited by michel

I really don't think anyone would pay that much for a C4 personally. There has been a lot in the market lately.

Tom, I saw your red C4 at another dealer being priced at $110k

Makes Troy's 74k C4 a steal.

I really don't think anyone would pay that much for a C4 personally. There has been a lot in the market lately.

Tom, I saw your red C4 at another dealer being priced at $110k

Makes Troy's 74k C4 a steal.

yep already spotted the flip of mine. Not sure anymore on c4 values, but with the silver one looking like it has sold, this latest one, the green one online and my flipped one all asking  well over $100k you have to think a $100K+ c4 is the new reality. 

Troy deffinately got a good deal - thank god he's changing the wheels though ;) 

Fellow virtual tyre kickers … Who looked at the 928 poked by many a mouse and keyboard yesterday?  

..What did ya find.. who knows I may one day to be convinced in buying one

Lee I like the wandering updates.. keep em coming , you drive as many Porsches as you like mate and keep us grounded and real.

I have been taking a vacation after looking at 37 cars….. exhausting.

Tell me where have all the 356's gone … I have an itch that needs scratching - plasma cutter ready.

I also wanna know the state of play with the GT4's anyone seen any on or off market …the more I read the more impressive that car appears ..anyone been in one , smelt one got intimate and up close, on road or track ;)

74 model with Turbo guards, genuine tail and front lip. 3.0 fitted with 5 speed. Its definitely not original, nor is it matching numbers

In all honesty Lee, and I say this with all due respect to you and your documented purchases, I would say this car is not for you knowing what you own, and have owned. Its more attractive to someone like me who doesn't have the funding to buy a perfect example of a 911. Its a modified car that doesnt have much, if any, documented history. I do know it was a pig 12 to 18 months ago, but quite a bit of cash has been spent on it since

curious, what was piggy about it a couple years ago?

Did it come from Qld before going to SA? I remember seeing a similar car that sold on ebay for single digits I think... but it had RUST...

As per my original post. It was from WA that had been labelled a rust monster by a friend of mine who originally looked at the car, and what had been mentioned by some other forums. I have been warned off of it, but curiosity got the better of me

I wish to clarify that I looked at the car because it is within the budget of those able to afford a $50k 911, not a matching numbers Oz delivered $80k to $150k 911. I did look at it for myself, and for a friend of mine who wants a Porsche, but can't justify spending 100k on an 'old car' as he puts it. 

Whether everything has been fixed on the car that I looked at and drove,  I have absolutely no idea. I just bloody loved driving it, and WOULD buy it if I had $50k, because I dont give a toss what others think about imported or converted cars. What IS attractive to us less well healed Porsche nuts, especially South Australians, is that the car has been put through the ringer by the rego inspection mob, who are possibly THE most fastidious in Australia, and the car has passed with flying colours. If it was rooted, there is NO WAY it would pass inspection.

I merely posted the car here to tell you my experience with driving it, yet to you guys that have been driving 911's for years, it might be a heap of shit, but it drove very well for a car from 1974 if you ask me.

Whether anyone pursues it is up to them, and if you are, as mentioned by someone else here, its a cheap flight to have a look for yourself. As far as I'm concerned, the owner/seller was honest with me, and pointed out its flaws which wouldnt bother me, but might bother someone else.

Tell us all Adelaide has to offer mate .. I like a man with conviction , commentary and willing to slam 50k down on car..

So seeing no one went to look at the 928 we hacked at yesterday

Next off the wall question for a Wednesday afternoon, we have YOTC , stillness in the TT , GT3 and other spaces…. flirty flip flip in the early cars and the 964 arena.

Clays still sipping on his cocktails bought frOm the 930 sale..Im only jealous 

Gasolene have commited a crime of great magnitude against humanity , PFA and Turbo

Hows about Targas..with with a dash of water… views on the mechanical roof genius of these cars..or is it a trap for the wallet …. be it a coupe with a bit of glass or is it really a cab with a bubble on top , what do you reckon on recentish Targas..

http://www.carsales.com.au/dealer/details/Porsche-911-2007/OAG-AD-12424100/?Cr=25

It does need a gear stick with a gate though

Quite nice lines..I thought during my afternoon trawl to avoid packing the house ..Sssh Im packing the office as we speak.

650-625… http://www.carsales.com.au/private/details/Porsche-911-2015/SSE-AD-3807198/?Cr=4

525 maybe ..come in spinner or has the Cayman GT4 taking the limelight as it creeps off the boats into Aussie circulation

And this old chesnut moves from Melb to Sydney.. but the prices goes 289- 269 - 279 in sydney…I think I  know lots on this one after kicking and driving those tyres….Or am I mistaken are there two GT3's in the market that have sucked in screws or had the money grab gearshift and rebuild action?

http://www.carpoint.com.au/all-cars/dealer/details.aspx?R=OAG-AD-12449744&Cr=50

I may have no where to park it but Im still peeking :)

Ohh you lot are hard to provoke to distraction this afternoon