Whats for sale (in Australia ) and interesting Thread

Tell us all Adelaide has to offer mate .. I like a man with conviction , commentary and willing to slam 50k down on car..

So seeing no one went to look at the 928 we hacked at yesterday

Next off the wall question for a Wednesday afternoon, we have YOTC , stillness in the TT , GT3 and other spaces…. flirty flip flip in the early cars and the 964 arena.

Clays still sipping on his cocktails bought frOm the 930 sale..Im only jealous 

Gasolene have commited a crime of great magnitude against humanity , PFA and Turbo

Hows about Targas..with with a dash of water… views on the mechanical roof genius of these cars..or is it a trap for the wallet …. be it a coupe with a bit of glass or is it really a cab with a bubble on top , what do you reckon on recentish Targas..

http://www.carsales.com.au/dealer/details/Porsche-911-2007/OAG-AD-12424100/?Cr=25

It does need a gear stick with a gate though

Quite nice lines..I thought during my afternoon trawl to avoid packing the house ..Sssh Im packing the office as we speak.

You forgot this this one.  Just paying it forward (should I say back). So a bit of back to the future, (nearly 60 days exactly).  Price definitely not back to the future.

Disclosure in car sales ad  = Hilarious.  What happened between delivery date and compliance date?.  Long Winter in hibernation somewhere??.   Also seems to be a bit lighter, i.e shed more than a few kegs kilowatts after some detox detuning.   Yes, bitter and twisted it wasn't locked up as a Christmas present when it was packing a bit more pre Christmas pud and reflected better value for money.

http://www.carsales.com.au/private/details/_/SSE-AD-3870085?WT.seg_4=AutoAlert;PCAA&sdmvc=1&utm_campaign=bau&utm_medium=email&utm_source=transact&utm_content=autoalert&wt.z_driver=Email_SearchAlert 

Edited by smit2100

You forgot this this one.  Just paying it forward (should I say back). So a bit of back to the future, (nearly 60 days exactly).  Price definitely not back to the future.

Disclosure in car sales ad  = Hilarious.  What happened between delivery date and compliance date?.  Long Winter in hibernation somewhere??.   Also seems to be a bit lighter, i.e shed more than a few kegs kilowatts after some detox detuning.   Yes, bitter and twisted I didn't locked up as a Christmas present when it was packing a bit more pre Christmas pud and reflected better value for money.

http://www.carsales.com.au/private/details/_/SSE-AD-3870085?WT.seg_4=AutoAlert;PCAA&sdmvc=1&utm_campaign=bau&utm_medium=email&utm_source=transact&utm_content=autoalert&wt.z_driver=Email_SearchAlert 

Ah yes the El Nino effect , the weather patterns go the other way and the crazy market drivers go the other way.. Now dont you get analyzing those prices… That empty space in your heart and garage should be full by now ;)

Disclosure in car sales add  = Hilarious.  What happened between delivery date and compliance date?.  Long Winter in hibernation somewhere??. 

Nothing as sinister as a long hibernation ....

Was probably pottering arount the streets of Old London Town before the english weather got too much for the owner, and they both migrated.

A picture tells a thousand words ..... It's all in the photos

^^ red 968 CS (sorry, quote function went haywire)

Ive always liked these, particularly with hard back body colour seats and full M030 option. Needs white wheels and script for that 90s look.  At 40-50k they were tempting.  I remember perhaps 18 months ago (?) the White with red script John Bowe car sat for a little while at $50k.  And the black Turbo RS replica at RSR in mid $70s.  

I wonder if they'd swap this one for a 996 GT2 with a fat cheque my way.  Would be a great SMT car.  Is it Autohaus?

Edited by DJM

Nothing as sinister as a long hibernation ....

Was probably pottering arount the streets of Old London Town before the english weather got too much for the owner, and they both migrated.

A picture tells a thousand words ..... It's all in the photos

Maybe old London town,  but should of definitely added the majority of those low kilometres has been restricted to European autobarns and european autoroutes in the SUMMER.

^^ red 968 CS (sorry, quote function went haywire)

Ive always liked these, particularly with hard back body colour seats and full M030 option. Needs white wheels and script for that 90s look.  At 40-50k they were tempting.  I remember perhaps 18 months ago (?) the White with red script John Bowe car sat for a little while at $50k.  And the black Turbo RS replica at RSR in mid $70s.  

I wonder if they'd swap this one for a 996 GT2 with a fat cheque my way.  Would be a great SMT car.  Is it Autohaus?

Looks like Autohaus, maybe the GT3 they've just listed + the 968 for your GT2? :)

Is smit and symsy one and the same...

time to set up an alter ego? 2 x membership fees. Probably tax deductable...

Not quite , the man can spell and has an extra 3 on his TT (996) , I also havent taken to drinking water yet ..still on the warm beer and breathing in the air to cool me , even when I am expressing lots of hot air

Ah yes the El Nino effect , the weather patterns go the other way and the crazy market drivers go the other way.. Now dont you get analyzing those prices… That empty space in your heart and garage should be full by now ;)

axe

Not quite yet.  Car arrived at workshop today, roadworthy tomorrow and in the garage on Friday (with cover straight on) so it can act primarily as a dust magnet for a couple of months before I get to see it.  In the meantime, I will have some unwanted commentary from my Mrs and a couple of mates who will run it around the block so to speak before I actually get to drive it.    

Never had a axe to grind with 997tt prices.  However, the thesis (narrative) off the top of my head is PERHAPS covered in just two longish sentences.  Just get your dart board out, change the number "1" to "130k" and for every other number on the dart board, replace it by multiplying it by 5k  and adding 130k, so your dart board now has 20 numbers with the lowest being 130k and the highest being 230k with the other 18 numbers representing 5k increments in that range.  Build date, delivery country, compliance date, options, manual or tip/pdk, km's, dealer or private sale and PPI results will influence the area of the board you aim your dart.  

Anything landing under 129k could perhaps be construed as a bullseye, but equally so, something at 229k could also perhaps be construed as a bullseye.  

Too many licorice allsort combinations to consider in that pack of 997tt's.  Would need to go to the high rollers room and see all the cards laid out in front of me based on each individual hand before attempting to land on a number to go and play poker with.  When I did, I failed miserably, as the concept of adding more to the pot than what was advertised at the table never crossed my mind. 

Edited by smit2100

Some things are never for sale 

AAFD6595-93AF-4904-A4C3-1EE905F266B4.pngde

In addition to admiring that piece of motoring art, I was also admiring that driveway / garage setup.  That single garage door appears to cover a very wide span.  Does the  sticker / rectangular box at the bottom of the roller door that is lined up with the center of the F40's front wheels represent the center line of the roller door with respect to its length.  Is that copper cladding sitting above the garage door?

In addition to admiring that piece of motoring art, I was also admiring that driveway / garage setup.  That single garage door appears to cover a very wide span.  Does the  sticker / rectangular box at the bottom of the roller door that is lined up with the center of the F40's front wheels represent the center line of the roller door with respect to its length.  Is that copper cladding sitting above the garage door?

All correct... That is half the length of the garage, it's quite possible one of the largest single door garages I've seen, as requested and they delivered.

Maybe they will trade an Aston ;) but then again Red cars! Common as Red 864's  

Now if it were black like that 997.2 Turbo Manual on Carsales …hmm lost the link to it 

love your work symsy although if you see any red 864's you might want to grab one - that would be a 1 of 1 :) 

they want $2m for the fezza 

997.2 tt's are cheap 

http://carsales.mobi/cars/details/2010-Porsche-911-Turbo-997-Series-II/SSE-AD-3821095