Whats for sale (in Australia ) and interesting Thread

Sell em for whatever you can get I AGREE .. I just dont believe they are being sold ..thats my call..find a punter with big balls and wallet who admits to paying the top prices..

Come on own up whos got large testicles on PFA ..

If its real all power to them.. I vote  just hype.

Im taking my pocket money tin and little balls and going out to dinner..probably somewhere from the cheap eats.

Let me know if theres a good priced opportunity.. I have had cash to burn for 4 months and tried to sell a big ball priced car.. only a small man with a Kangaroo testcle wallet turned up with a a single golden nugget in it .

Clay for god sake , can you go buy and sell something also so, you can help market flow please ;)

I want to have this debate over beer also..when I see you crowd. :) Its gettng way to emotional

Just got a 'Porsche Edm' from classic throttle shop suggesting they have a very low km silver 85 930 on the way. Nothing on their website but might be worth giving them a call if you are interested in setting a new AUSTRALIAN record (and increasing the value of mine at the same time...

it read

This rarest example is the best we have ever seen. Representing the last model year the 930 Type 911 Turbo was sold in Australia, the 1985 model has covered just 23,000kms and finished in Silver Metallic with Colour to Sample interior & Sports Seats.

D347D309-1564-45CD-9BEC-86EFC8FDD914_zps

I know the Owner of this car and it lasted three days before a sale was made. It didn't even make the Website.

Full asking price was agreed.

Cheers,

Geoff.

Edited by red clubbie

So, in reality, this is a 964 C4 manual which has had an engine rebuild.  $100k for that ($75 if you ask Troy....to $130 if you ask Tom).   Let's settle on $100,000 for the same car.

So, by adding a few panels, changing the wheels the value of this car goes UP $100,000 ?

What am I missing........perhaps I WILL backdate my 993.   I could spend $30,000 on the panels and make $60,000 profit.  

So, in reality, this is a 964 C4 manual which has had an engine rebuild.  $100k for that ($75 if you ask Troy....to $130 if you ask Tom).   Let's settle on $100,000 for the same car.

So, by adding a few panels, changing the wheels the value of this car goes UP $100,000 ?

What am I missing........perhaps I WILL backdate my 993.   I could spend $30,000 on the panels and make $60,000 profit.  

I'm with you, I don't get it at all. Golden rule is supposed to be that if you modify it you lose value.... ! :wacko:

Do we know what was the asking price?

Yes I know what it was, but as I'm not the Owner, it's not really my place to say what it was on the Forum.

The purchaser made an offer which was rejected, so the purchaser then agreed to the full asking price.

If you're interested, PM me.

I was involved in the purchase when the seller bought the car out of Melbourne.

It was a special order exterior colour and special order interior colour.

It would have been a very expensive car in it's day.

Cheers,

Geoff.

I'm with you, I don't get it at all. Golden rule is supposed to be that if you modify it you lose value.... ! :wacko:

And that's why it hasn't sold. It's just not worth more than an original Aussie delivered car

spent 6 months looking at the cost of doing a backdate. With the price of donor cars and if you are mechanically incompitant like me, $150k is a good price.

the issue is reselling a backdate cos everything I have looked is not quite to my taste and that's probably why they are harder to shift.

Edited by turboT

spent 6 months looking at the cost of doing a backdate. With the price of donor cars and if you are mechanically incompitant like me, $150k is a good price.

the issue is reselling a backdate cos everything I have looked is not quite to my taste and that's probably why they are harder to shift.

Exactly, basically because they are always someone elses dream 

You guys are tripping ... enough with the conspiracy theories already.

Tell me why would someone who has been trying to buy a 930 for a year in a red hot market and saw the CTS edm for the silver 930 sit and wait for it to officially appear on the website before making a play?

What's so implausible about someone with big balls and a wallet to match calling up and offering a deposit sight unseen based on their description?

It happens all the time on carsale with utter shitboxes thousands of kilometres away, let alone a mint 23,000klm, last year, silver 930 from a reputable dealer.

Quick or the dead.

And besides, who cares anyway??

If you have a P car it's pushing the price up so you actually owe them a beer ...

If you don't have one, then clearly you're not playing hard or fast enough to deserve one.

And don't give me some whine about ethics ... all's fair in love and war.

well I know you been looking.....so....

did u get it ???

Autohaus play the same game .....

1. Sell it ....

2. Advertise it for sale .....

3. Mark it as sold 30 minutes later ....

4. Have everyone go .... oooh, ahhhh, look how good the market is!

No doubt they also negotiated well with carsales.com and have presold mates rates. 

No doubt they also negotiated well with carsales.com and have presold mates rates. 

No, you're mistaken.   AH don't presell their cars.   They email their clients on this "email list" telling them they are about to list the car on the web site.   Obviously, none of these people on the email list respond - they just wait until the website ad is up and then quickly buy it then.   Makes sense to me.

</sarcasm>

No, you're mistaken.   AH don't presell their cars.   They email their clients on this "email list" telling them they are about to list the car on the web site.   Obviously, none of these people on the email list respond - they just wait until the website ad is up and then quickly buy it then.   Makes sense to me.

</sarcasm>

you're on fire tonight Chris ?

good idea.  Buy it for $30k, throw some hard back seats and suspension at it and you've pretty much got a CS for $35k rather than $80k!  

Sell em for whatever you can get I AGREE .. I just dont believe they are being sold ..thats my call..find a punter with big balls and wallet who admits to paying the top prices..

Come on own up whos got large testicles on PFA ..

If its real all power to them.. I vote  just hype.

Im taking my pocket money tin and little balls and going out to dinner..probably somewhere from the cheap eats.

Let me know if theres a good priced opportunity.. I have had cash to burn for 4 months and tried to sell a big ball priced car.. only a small man with a Kangaroo testcle wallet turned up with a a single golden nugget in it .

Clay for god sake , can you go buy and sell something also so, you can help market flow please ;)

I want to have this debate over beer also..when I see you crowd. :) Its gettng way to emotional

all good brother.

but they are being sold.

ive bought one and sold another in the last 12 months.... Like the other ballers I just didn't talk about it publicly ... Until now ... But that's all I'm saying.

Edited by ELSPORTO

</sarcasm>

AH listed a car on their site at about 9pm one night and I bought it at 10am he next morning.

that was one that no one on their list  wanted 

the really good cars you don't even hear about 

... But go ahead and tell me your first hand story of the preselling scam?

So, here is my vision for me 993.

Longhood, centre fuel filler, fuchs, duck tail.   For sale for PFA members first for just $195,000.     

24620009004_fcdf7f0bd7_z.jpg

Must be more if it had the third pedal :D

Well, for one having a proper full glass out, bare metal respray - if no filler, bog, etc. is found, you will need to spend $20k-30k. All of this is on top of the costs of obtaining the steel panels, windows, fibreglass bumpers, wheels, interior, exhaust, labour... I'd say you want a GOOD backdate you're looking at 60K+ alone. 

BBC the front end look unfinished on that. The interruption to the bumpers horizontal line overly detracts from the aesthetics IMO

IT DOES LOOK GREAT OTHERWISE. 

SYMSY would have a much wiser vision than me though. The force is strong with that one. 

Edited by Hughesy
TYPO