Whats for sale (in Australia ) and interesting Thread

Where'd you pick up your Boxter S from Mike?  I was looking at one myself only recently.  Would make a cracking daily.

Jason

it was a local sale... 2 owner, full books and porsche history, and only 45000kms. Asking price was $50k.

I bought it to replace the old targa i just sold. And to have something to drive while the engine is out of the 964 (upcoming project).

Boxster will be for sale soon in a few months or less.. it is a BRILLIANT car!

Double dodgy .... Been trying to sell it for a few weeks now like that.

You are right about the signs though .... zero feedback and always only an email to contact with .... never an "ask a question" link

Jason

it was a local sale... 2 owner, full books and porsche history, and only 45000kms. Asking price was $50k.

I bought it to replace the old targa i just sold. And to have something to drive while the engine is out of the 964 (upcoming project).

Boxster will be for sale soon in a few months or less.. it is a BRILLIANT car!

Sounds like a great buy Mike, congrats.  I am looking at something similar myself.

Love that car. Been up for a few months now too

I hadn't seen this one before. There is an identical looking SC with RHD conversion on carsales that i have been dreaming of buying bit I think these are different cars...?

This is the SC link: http://www.carsales.com.au/private/details/Porsche-911-1979/SSE-AD-3734963/?Cr=14 same money, different cars. Both look ace though!

Edited by poli84
Found the link

This keeps popping up when I have a look on carsales. I don't want a Boxster, I don't need a Boxster, but this one just looks right! And the price, jeez these are cheap now!

http://www.carsales.com.au/private/details/Porsche-Boxster-1999/SSE-AD-3497615/?Cr=0
loving the colour combo and wheels look great!

I think there are better deals out there than that one, not to mention a lot closer to you.

I recently passed on a 987 Boxster which had travelled 122000kms for only 25k... manual with full porsche history. Yes, lots of stone chips etc, but the 987 is a much more modern interior. Boxsters are "cheap" but brilliant cars. Great fun... but how often could you fold down the top in Hobart? I speak from experience.... 

. Great fun... but how often could you fold down the top in Hobart? I speak from experience.... 

This summer , 95% of the time. Try that in Sydney or Brisbane :D

Hobart is the 2nd driest capital you know.

The only reason not to fold the top down is copping comments. 

I hadn't seen this one before. There is an identical looking SC with RHD conversion on carsales that i have been dreaming of buying bit I think these are different cars...?

This is the SC link: http://www.carsales.com.au/private/details/Porsche-911-1979/SSE-AD-3734963/?Cr=14 same money, different cars. Both look ace though!

They are different cars, yet the WA car is Oz delivered, and the other one is a conversion for basically the same money. Know which one I would go for personally, and it isnt the converted car! Even though that does look good, its probably a bit overpriced 

I think there are better deals out there than that one, not to mention a lot closer to you.

I recently passed on a 987 Boxster which had travelled 122000kms for only 25k... manual with full porsche history. Yes, lots of stone chips etc, but the 987 is a much more modern interior. Boxsters are "cheap" but brilliant cars. Great fun... but how often could you fold down the top in Hobart? I speak from experience.... 

I am in the minority in that I like the 986 over the later models (same with the 996.1)

Auto would suit me nicely too (bung left knee)

I may one day convince myself and my wife that we need another P-car, a Boxster would be a great addition. Me, not feeling the cold at all, could feasibly have the roof down most of the time :) (not that I would call Tassie cold)

Edited by ANF
dyslexic fingers!