Whats for sale (in Australia ) and interesting Thread

I would think like anything, if maintained properly should last quite well?

I know the box in my 928 will being a Merc auto :P

I think it's strictly a Daimler box, have a look under one day! But unburstable, like the engine.

Porsches from the mid 70s onwards were designed to last (green principles in Germany/Europe e.g the 7 year anti-corrosion warranty , serviceability etc).

The engineering in recent times whilst "amazing" is yet to stand the test of time.  

I think it's strictly a Daimler box, have a look under one day! But unburstable, like the engine.

Porsches from the mid 70s onwards were designed to last (green principles in Germany/Europe e.g the 7 year anti-corrosion warranty , serviceability etc).

The engineering in recent times whilst "amazing" is yet to stand the test of time.  

You are splitting hairs there Tazzie! Daimler Benz/ Mercedes Benz same thing.

You are splitting hairs there Tazzie! Daimler Benz/ Mercedes Benz same thing.

This is the splitting hairs subforum eh? I'm probably wrong anyway. Blame corroded eyesight , blocked grease nipples , loose bottom end, noisy exhaust, rough paint  .

It awaits us all. 

Daimler were the parent company I think. Like Tata now own Land Rover & Jaguar. Horrific as that is to a boy from the motherland.

This is the splitting hairs subforum eh? I'm probably wrong anyway. Blame corroded eyesight , blocked grease nipples , loose bottom end, noisy exhaust, rough paint  .

It awaits us all. 

Daimler were the parent company I think. Like Tata now own Land Rover & Jaguar. Horrific as that is to a boy from the motherland.

Mercedes Benz is a division of Daimler Benz (now Daimler AG) - it's history and name changes and who started what is a little convoluted....

I have seen a pic of a 928 auto box with Mercedes Benz on the side and curiously a part number starting with 126.... I wonder if any trans from a W126 will fit.... way off topic now but I have always been curious as to wether one could transplant a 5 speed auto into a 928..... may have a close look one day... of course that would ruin any resale value :P

Have to go easy on splitting the hairs too :unsure:

Oddly enough, Australia got nearly half of all the RHD 964 Speedsters - 6 of the 14 RHD cars were delivered here.

"Not quite squeaky clean underneath like a Aussie delivered car" but still worth $90k ..

Definitely a scam. The pics have been ripped off the original Carsales listing from March 2015 - I inspected this car when it was for sale at circa $50k.

Hahaha, the purists choking ion their lattes ! I reckon a CitPorsche would attract a crowd at any classic gathering. After all , getting attention is what we like eh?

I drive past a pale lemon DS every morning , on a sharp corner at the bottom of the hill. Even my wife likes it though I suspect it smells of petrol and lacks airbags like every other non-diesel classic. 

emmuchizzit?  You know we are too lazy to click through.

90k + charges , " first delivered by Porsche Exeter UK in Jan 1986 and retired to sunny Australia about 7 years ago."

Being a UK car it has the main benefit of being equipped from new with a 231Hp spec engine. Our Australian delivered 86 cars were de tuned down to 207HP for the arrival of unleaded fuel here. So these English cars really have some get up and go with their higher compression ratio.

Yay! Imports are the best! 

Ha so like I always said, location of original dealer only matters until supply dries up, then nobody cares.  It was always a way of segmenting the market to create the illusion of shortage.  Now that there is a shortage anyway, because everyone is hanging on, no need to segment any more.   And we can start turning former negatives into positives.  Not long before 'great interior and paint not damaged by Australian sun' shows up in ad copy.

Yep just look at all those people lining up to grab them yankee parts and cars for pleasure and profit!

Meanwhile our imports will become "exotic" and "original Euro configuration". All good!

And the Aussie cars get put on the slow boat to China because , like , profit mate.

Hahaha, the purists choking ion their lattes ! I reckon a CitPorsche would attract a crowd at any classic gathering. 

I hate latte (may aswell just ask for a warm milk whilst wearing ya lycra!) but am a purist to a point :-)

I hate latte (may aswell just ask for a warm milk whilst wearing ya lycra!) but am a purist to a point :-)

Hate is a strong word , but just for you , Maria has made you one of these. She got one of the numbers wrong buy hey , a girl makes msiatkes and like P car owners who bolt stuff on , that's OK with me .

http://www.bizbash.com/911-latte-porsche-911-50th-anniversary-party-how/gallery/167032