Whats for sale (in Australia ) and interesting Thread

GT2.

Who would want one of those!

Saw this car run years ago in the WA round of the Dutton Rally, in torrential rain. Ran pretty well that day, against David Withers 993 RS among others.

If it hasn't had a hit, be worth a look if anyone's after one.

Nice, but so many things look wrong...all different era parts?

That's a mighty big engine for a T. Would be worth the asking price if it had the original engine?

Its worth the asking price without it

This could be a 73.5 a bit rare

Sure it's converted sure it's not the orig motor... But if this is remotely as good as it looks in the pics, it ain't going to hang round long

I called the owner earlier.... an older lady... her husband who passed 6 years ago apparently did the conversion himself.

She knew nothing about the car... wasn't sure if it had history or even where it originated.

Her son in law placed the advert for her.. I think best thing would be for someone who knows about them to view and see for yourself.

I'm no expert, but that back end has thrown me.. Iv'e googled the 73.5 and understand it comes with the CIS, but the wrap around garnish looks like a 74..

Can someone help me out?

Mike it's had a few owner mods otherwise its a 73.5. The rear 'garnish' isn't difficult to remove

finding a motor that's orig ( not the engine) shouldn't be to difficult. But hey for a PPI and 35k could be a lot of fun and easy enough to tidy up. Hope the conversion is tidy.

Are those recent images?

I've learned the hard way that any car looks a million bucks in the photos.. recently I flew down to see the red targa in sydney... Looks spotless in the photos, but needs a full respray  in reality. 

But is there anyone on the West Coast that would be willing to view the car and report back?

Mike.

I'm in Perth this weekend Mike, but I'm not the right guy for the job because if I went to check it out and found it was any good I'd buy it. I've never seen this car at any PCWA events but that means little. At the price it won't hang around if it's any good. There are plenty of 911 tragics over here who will be on the case right now. Where is the car located exactly?