Whats for sale (in Australia ) and interesting Thread

I think that this is one of the main reasons for him not being injured. Having recently been in a roll over with a fairly large impact although at what was a low speed, it was being shaken around that caused most discomfort after. I was not injured per se (testament to Mercedes quality!) but was sore and stiff for a very long time.

How he has confidence to jump back in a car will be interesting to see. Mine was shattered, and still is somewhat....

I went to another fatal head on the other night. It is not a pretty sight, and definitely makes me a bit more cautious each time... Country roads in particular are so dangerous. In this case it was an 80k zone and someone just drifted, not sure if there was texting or what, but there were no skid marks and the young woman will not be having an open casket...

I went to another fatal head on the other night. It is not a pretty sight, and definitely makes me a bit more cautious each time... Country roads in particular are so dangerous. In this case it was an 80k zone and someone just drifted, not sure if there was texting or what, but there were no skid marks and the young woman will not be having an open casket...

C'mon champ give us a break it's hump day and this is the "what's for sale (in Australia) and interesting" thread ... not the "what's horrific (in Australia) and depressing" .....

Although probably a good wake up call before i head down the coast with the family for the Easter long weekend....

OK- Here is a reasonably priced 993 4S Manual.      

http://www.carsales.com.au/gallery/SSE-AD-3930110/Image?index=0&wt.z_driver=Email_SearchAlertcp4889099311899249527.jpg?aspect=FitWith

$284,500 (in Comic Sans font as it is appropriate)

THE    WORLD    HAS    GONE    MAD    MADDER     MADDEST.................Should I raise my 993 tip price to $150,000 ?

http://www.carsales.com.au/gallery/SSE-AD-3930110/Image?index=0&wt.z_driver=Email_SearchAlertcp4889099311899249527.jpg?aspect=FitWith

THE    WORLD    HAS    GONE    MAD    MADDER     MADDEST.................Should I raise my 993 tip price to $150,000 ?

Really nice car but this or a series 2 997 GT3 - let me think for a nanosecond. I just hope the people that are buying these cars and paying this sort of money are fronting up with cash. I hate to think of people stumping up credit or taking equity out of a mortgage to fund toys like this. Going to get ugly - Pyramid building society ugly. 

Seeing as though few of us will ever sell our toys.. we have little to worry about ….but maybe we will have some more movement in the market soon..downward…buy buy …

God knows a lot of whats for sale is boring… we even gave the poor bloke with the professional megalight photos shit for his advertisement.

Im thinking of getting these lights put into my rental garage so that I can escape my unpacking and can just go look at my cars..

Median house prices fall .. will these cars follow….I hope so will just keep the enthusiasts in the market , im enthusiastic and want more ;)

http://www.domain.com.au/news/median-house-price-falls-in-capital-cities-for-first-time-in-three-years-real-estate-institute-of-australia-20160311-gng4ug/?utm_source=Facebook&utm_medium=editorial&utm_campaign=ON&noshow=true

to brighten your day. Medium house price?

http://www.classicthrottleshop.com/car4.html

here's something new

http://www.carpoint.com.au/all-cars/private/details.aspx?R=SSE-AD-3920028&Cr=1

cp4776812862114112173_zpszjsmmnze.jpg

What does "Being sold on behalf of a Friend" actually mean? Is that sellers code for don't ask me any questions, cause I don't have any answers?

Fair price though?

Depends what its 'really' like whether its a fair price or not. Interior doesn't cost much to fix, paint, name ya price by a shop. Has it got rust, or has been bodged up to hide it? Is the engine really good, or is it just running well enough to get you home?  I'm not being a smartass here, yet until ya get some experienced eyes on it we'll never know. 

If you want a comparison with my car, send me a pm and I'll tell you how much more mine will cost to buy with all of that work already done

mate, you can't go posting that p0rn without any explanation! mmmmm dino.... that's not the ex EW dino is it?

I think I know that Aston.. with the Webasto.. now cutting a hole in the top of one of those is a crime…  TARGA ..Nope

Edited by symsy

How do people justify this price?? Plus the 1997 C4S black on black asking for over $300k

Does anyone knows what happen to the 1996 993 CS in NSW? It was marked sold but anyone here bought it?

:rolleyes:

It was restored by Aston Martin themselves.

Yes weird hey , its funny its like us pawing over the PCar Carsales adds , the Aston the F40 posted also had the wrong headlamp bezels , they didnt have screws…. just little things…but when your talking 7 figures….

Just goes to show.. whats original….hang on I think I got some RS stickers somewhere in the cupboard

So any more RED 964's ..maybe i will build a hotrod..

Does anyone know of a decent mechanic in Darwin?  There is a car there I want to get a PPI on- any advice would be very much appreciated.

cheers.

Contacted Porsche Centre Darwin =$500-$600 for full inspection including oil filter/ IMS check. 

Edited by Jason E
grammar

Does anyone know of a decent mechanic in Darwin?  There is a car there I want to get a PPI on- any advice would be very much appreciated.

cheers.

Contacted Porsche Centre Darwin =$500-$600 for full inspection including oil filter/ IMS check. 

Sounds about right....

What does "Being sold on behalf of a Friend" actually mean? Is that sellers code for don't ask me any questions, cause I don't have any answers?

Fair price though?

I sell stuff on behalf of friends all the time.  If you looked at my gumtree and eBay profiles you'd guess I was a junk dealer.  I have sold cars (and random crap from mobility scooters to old boots) on behalf of friends and family, just because they lack the skills to hold a camera, work an Internet site and type a sentence.

so I wouldn't worry about that.  Sometimes it helps if the person handling the sale is not ego-invested in the price and will close the deal quicker.

cheers.

Get in touch with Cam Arnott, he is a Darwin resident and has built some great Porsches. Unfortunately I don't have his email

here at work, only his mobile number. Michel or someone will be along soon with his contact details.

C'mon champ give us a break it's hump day and this is the "what's for sale (in Australia) and interesting" thread ... not the "what's horrific (in Australia) and depressing" .....

Although probably a good wake up call before i head down the coast with the family for the Easter long weekend....

Sorry, got a bit carried away. Just hope everyone has a great Easter weekend and remember double points (in NSW anyway) ;) .

finally  - I think I have a scoop for the weekend. Tired of looking at carsales I tried googling 'porsches for sale in Adelaide.' Why Adelaide i hear you say? Well, it is a bit, you know, backward (sorry Lee)

scrolling through to page 5 I think I came across this dealer. Just spoke to him. Nice enough guy who has a car currently not advertised in Australia (currently in the UK).

1970 E (US car)

tangerine

74,000 original miles

unbelievably original and in amazing condition (check out the carpets). Original owner was a professor who owned it for 40 years. Paperwork on everything from the moment it was picked up

$180 - $200k buys it.

The guy even offered that if you wanted to fly to the UK you could take the car on a Euro driving holiday before he shipped it back for you

http://richmonds.com.au/portfolio/1970-porsche-911e-coupe-manual-lhd/

P1013679-Custom_zps8uqwnj0o.jpg

finally  - I think I have a scoop for the weekend. Tired of looking at carsales I tried googling 'porsches for sale in Adelaide.' Why Adelaide i hear you say? Well, it is a bit, you know, backward (sorry Lee)

scrolling through to page 5 I think I came across this dealer. Just spoke to him. Nice enough guy who has a car currently not advertised in Australia (currently in the UK).

1970 E (US car)

tangerine

74,000 original miles

unbelievably original and in amazing condition (check out the carpets). Original owner was a professor who owned it for 40 years. Paperwork on everything from the moment it was picked up

$180 - $200k buys it.

The guy even offered that if you wanted to fly to the UK you could take the car on a Euro driving holiday before he shipped it back for you

http://richmonds.com.au/portfolio/1970-porsche-911e-coupe-manual-lhd/

P1013679-Custom_zps8uqwnj0o.jpg

Wow, that is neat!