Whats for sale (in Australia ) and interesting Thread

So what do the jury feel , is it a hacked 911 , a hotod , or something thats honest and maintained...

Sounds like the guys upfront and had done a fair amount of work.. the question is what catergory do the critics put it in ?

So what do the jury feel , is it a hacked 911 , a hotod , or something thats honest and maintained...

Sounds like the guys upfront and had done a fair amount of work.. the question is what catergory do the critics put it in ?

R Gruppe

Sounds pretty standard, albeit with red wheels . Sounds more like it's a home built Carrera 3.0 without a Carrera 3 crank? 

Based on what he's saying your buying a rust free clean shell with repaint and rebuilt engine. Objectively 75k, if receipts and other docs support it offers  value for the ' enthusiast' driver, who cares nought about fashion, numbers matching or been brow beaten by even more real enthusiasts for not buying a car with good km's,  4 owner cool colour full documentation  etc. That sought of enthusiast would be more inclined to buy something like this :

1057.jpg

Edited by michel

Changed it to clam shell...

thiugh the silver g series car could be a great driving owning proposition. Particularly like it for the fact it's a Sporto and for the anorak a tourist delivery. All you need is the orig case and a tartan interior.. Hang on that sounds like my 76 Sporto 

Its gone from 70k to 85k to 78k to 75k on the last 3~4 weeks..

The engine blows smoke on startup - valve stem seals, so I'm uncertain how that constitutes an engine rebuild.  Pulls like a train, great grin factor. :)

have poked around this car a bit, very sound car, some details not right (rear windscreen wiper just seems odd to me) but otherwise solid. For me, 75k still too much 

^Just what the P mechanic told me..  I'm far from an expert.  It's a nicer thought though.

Anyone know anything about THIS 944..?  My brother is interested / making enquiries but to now avail..  No phone pickup..

Edited by WOKA

GT4 on Carsales 50k over list:

http://www.carpoint.com.au/all-cars/private/details.aspx?R=SSE-AD-3955239&Cr=0

The seller says "The vinyl wrap is easily removable if you're the conservative type" ... or over 12 year old. :rolleyes:

Better pictures here with price guides (page 3):   

https://www.shannons.com.au/auctions/2016-shannons-melbourne-autumn-classic-auction/

Both cars look nice but I must say that Arrow Blue SC looks spectacular (no affiliation).

These look nice!

This looks like the same one @symsy, guy bought it and realised that there was a lot to do.... good luck getting his money back...

http://www.gumtree.com.au/s-ad/brighton-east/cars-vans-utes/rare-manual-black-1979-porsche-928/1109320985

I'm in the same suburb...worth kicking it's tyres?

GT4 on Carsales 50k over list:

http://www.carpoint.com.au/all-cars/private/details.aspx?R=SSE-AD-3955239&Cr=0

The seller says "The vinyl wrap is easily removable if you're the conservative type" ... or over 12 year old. :rolleyes:

These look nice!

That has to be the worst wrap graphic I have ever seen... What was he thinking?