Whats for sale (in Australia ) and interesting Thread

Excuse me, but $500k? Thats bordering on ridiculous

not bordering.

across the border, through no mans land and in the palace gates ridiculous!

i think if you forked over a half mill for a 65 now you might be waiting a while before the next guy offering you more comes along.

but in terms of pricing strategy having one of those on the floor makes it much easier to move a sc sitting next to it for close to a hundred k.  The old concept of price bracketing.  

not bordering.

across the border, through no mans land and in the palace gates ridiculous!

i think if you forked over a half mill for a 65 now you might be waiting a while before the next guy offering you more comes along.

but in terms of pricing strategy having one of those on the floor makes it much easier to move a sc sitting next to it for close to a hundred k.  The old concept of price bracketing.  

they want $700k

recon an SC would be pricy to ;) 

@symsy, very "original" 356 C advertised here.  But, honestly, for the sake of $60 USD, why not replace the missing grilles under the front bumper.  And, for another $60, replace the shonky ones above the bumper.    For a $200,000 ask, this would have been easy.

And I think it has shag-pile carpet .......... weird.

http://www.carsales.com.au/dealer/details/_/OAG-AD-12696195?WT.seg_4=AutoAlert;PCAA&sdmvc=1&utm_campaign=bau&utm_medium=email&utm_source=transact&utm_content=autoalert&wt.z_driver=Email_SearchAlert

cd5618058820024855962.jpg?aspect=centere

Another tidy silver 996.2 manual coupe listed at $58K.

"Astute buyers will know that pristine examples of this model are starting to increase in value because they are a relatively scarce commodity in Rear Drive Coupe 3.6L Carrera 6 speed specification."

http://www.carsales.com.au/private/details/_/SSE-AD-3982654?WT.seg_4

cp5158607139070211446.jpg?aspect=FitWith

Guys, have an opportunity to buy a 12/77 Oz compliance plated 911SC Targa Sporto.  Looks to be original car, not modified in any way, 195000kms, but unregistered and unused for probably last 10 years.  Would describe as tatty (paint peeling on top of one of the front guards etc), but looks to be all there, engine appears to running OK, but first thing would obviously be to replace all fluids and inspect all seals etc.  Would anticipate good condition car to be worth in region of $55-$60k, but thoughts on value for a tatty one?  Would look to bring back to condition over time.

Need another P car to sit in the garage next to my wife's 987S....

cheers

Peter

Edited by TwoHeadsTas

Must have been a very canny German salesman that unloaded 50 million litres of silver paint onto Porsche.  The poor guys had to paint everything  leaving the factory for ten years in it!

"Ve still haf 20 million litres of silber left....paint the console und seat backs too!  Charge zem extra! Ve vill call it an "Option" Mwahahahaha!"

Another tidy silver 996.2 manual coupe listed at $58K.

"Astute buyers will know that pristine examples of this model are starting to increase in value because they are a relatively scarce commodity in Rear Drive Coupe 3.6L Carrera 6 speed specification."

http://www.carsales.com.au/private/details/_/SSE-AD-3982654?WT.seg_4

cp5158607139070211446.jpg?aspect=FitWith

does look tidy, although ~$9k above the other equivalent tidy example (although the other one looks to be sold).

Guys, have an opportunity to buy a 12/77 Oz compliance plated 911SC Targa Sporto.  Looks to be original car, not modified in any way, 195000kms, but unregistered and unused for probably last 10 years.  Would describe as tatty (paint peeling on top of one of the front guards etc), but looks to be all there, engine appears to running OK, but first thing would obviously be to replace all fluids and inspect all seals etc.  Would anticipate good condition car to be worth in region of $55-$60k, but thoughts on value for a tatty one?  Would look to bring back to condition over time.

Need another P car to sit in the garage next to my wife's 987S....

cheers

Peter

Peter S has just listed a minter coupe @90k on here. If he gets it is say a minter targa would be circa 70-80? So depending on how much attention it needs work backwards from there...........50k sounds fair pending body and mechanical condition. 

I keep telling you brown is in, get some before they are all snapped up.  The entire country will soon be witness to the hum and whir of sanders taking back the guards red reprints to reveal the Browns, coppers and mochas lurking beneath, covered up in shame as red leather ties and fluouroescent leg warmers took over and disco, corduroy and wide collars were hidden away.

you heard it here first, those copycat krauts at Ruf are late to the game.

Nuthin' better than a silver 911 in my eyes

well, you're in luck if you're in the market for a late model car!

Well the 77/78 911SC Targa Sporto I was interested in sold at auction for $39k + 15% buyers premium!!!!.  Someone sure wanted this car bad, particularly one with a dodgy transmission, although the body was straight, matching numbers for a Hamiltons delivery etc.  Good luck to them.  Vendor (deceased estate) would be very happy given estimate of $9-$12k!!!  I would have gone to about $18k.  Will post photos tonight when I get home from work,,,

Peter

Well the 77/78 911SC Targa Sporto I was interested in sold at auction for $39k + 15% buyers premium!!!!.  Someone sure wanted this car bad, particularly one with a dodgy transmission, although the body was straight, matching numbers for a Hamiltons delivery etc.  Good luck to them.  Vendor (deceased estate) would be very happy given estimate of $9-$12k!!!  I would have gone to about $18k.  Will post photos tonight when I get home from work,,,

Peter

Where was this auction?

Peter without knowing over all condition face value 39k + is good buying. Sporto issues could be simple or less simple and likely more  to do with the clutch actuation (vacuum issues)  rather than the box proper..

but yes god luck to them - you post a pic of this? Where did it sell?