Whats for sale (in Australia ) and interesting Thread

I'd swap my 930 for a 996 GT3... both cars are special in different ways 

James what 911 do you want, c3, 930, GT3. Your 930 will be for sale next week to make room for an unexpected GT3!! Haha just saying.

$300k. UK delivered, low kms. Looks a peach in the flesh. With missing Rennsport I had to go to Duttons for a fix.

7C848F9D-57E5-47A4-BE85-BB3823AC1264_zps

34031B42-7AC4-4742-A706-06F11C9EA3EB_zps

906C3FF7-008D-4D6D-9410-AFF3EB9A0096_zps

Nice 3.0 for sale at RS. Very tidy condition and only about 100,000kms. Green looked good. 

555E3A3E-3597-4CB2-A88D-6B1117771FFC_zps

Looks the goods.  $$?

Any idea of what the ask is on the white Countach? That was always my dream car as a kid, but I think their prices are going up worse than P-cars.

No idea but better we don't ask is my guess.

Last countach I saw was 750k, but there is big variability in prices depending on model, just like 911s because they span so many years.

i remember seeing the blue vb competition car being advertised in unique cars month after month, couldn't sell it.  I wonder what happened to that car?

green 3.0 - love that colour.

Can you enlighten me as to what the differences are between a 3.0 Carrera and an SC from the following year?  Rarer?  Anything else?  Lot of extra dough over the SC.

3687 3.0l produced according to the inter web. In researching 930's I came to the conclusion only 10-20% of a total production number would be original RHD

58,000 SC's

76,500 3.2's

so a lot rarer

Can you enlighten me as to what the differences are between a 3.0 Carrera and an SC from the following year?  Rarer?  Anything else?  Lot of extra dough over the SC.

What turbot said above .....

There were a lot less Carrera 3.0's made and that is what makes them more valuable than an SC and a later 3.2 Carrera.

As we all know ..... in the Porsche world ..... rare = $$$$$

There were a lot less Carrera 3.0's made and that is what makes them more valuable than an SC and a later 3.2 Carrera.

excellent news gents. I will enjoy my SC much more knowing it's pretty much the same.

3687 3.0l produced according to the inter web. In researching 930's I came to the conclusion only 10-20% of a total production number would be original RHD

58,000 SC's

76,500 3.2's

so a lot rarer

excellent news gents. I will enjoy my SC much more knowing it's pretty much the same.

3.0L carrera utilised the turbo engine (minus the turbo obviously) and produced around 220 -230 BHP. SC's stock were around 204 BHP and not as lively, this is a key criteria as to why they are more desirable - the 3.0L Carreras as a result were the highest powered naturally aspirated 911 until the 3.2 carrera landed (road production cars that is). So this plus the limited numbers adds to the value equation. @Pork Chops you need to take one for a drive and I'm sure you will notice a difference in terms of engine dynamics/response.  

This was also for sale at RS but all you are getting is a pic because I'm still mulling it over... ;) 

UK 72 with some very subtle mods..

Phil's car? 

Edited by hugh
spelling

Nowhere near the same as an SC... Closer to a 73rs in performance... $130k would be the starting price now days I've seen one in the UK for $280k au. My SC was nice but my C3 is very special, I may have to pull it out of the garage & drive it

Much more than just the rareness. It's the c3 engine which is special, with the 930 turbo case and the 2.7rs crank. The driving experience between the 2 cars is very different. Try buying a c3 engine and SC engine, both 3l but the c3 engine will run 2-3 times the cost of the SC. A c3 is also a much lighter car than an SC. It is why a stock c3 can hold its own in group S. 

Great car the SC, but the C3 deserves the big premium. Better comparison is c3 vs 74/75 Carrera. 

+1 & a very entertaining car.

Never sold in the USA & only 2 year production run. Only 2566 Coupes made.

Even at entry of $130k a very cheap low volume & very capable 911. As PeterS says 74/75 Carrera is more comparable.