Whats for sale (in Australia ) and interesting Thread

I hate those 'for sale' pictures that are taken just after they washed the car.!  Mate - the car should be spotless, your pride and joy - it should always be clean ffs.!  It's like, 'ah.  best get the hose and sponge out to sell this bloody thing - that'll add thousands..!'  

10636966.jpg?aspect=FitWithinNoPad&heigh

buried in the second row tassie ;) 

Photo%20Oct%2031%208%2010%2026%20AM_zpsy

Have you been told today..!?

I'm still a bit of a noob..  So, umm..  @tazzieman

;)

Edited by WOKA
the @ notification didn't work :(

US 86 930 turbo was $94,500 now $225,00 :lol:  http://www.carsales.com.au/private/details/SSE-AD-159519

I love the comment ..... "only 57,500 klms from new" .....

Either the owner doesn't know, or is totally avoiding the issue of the speedo being replaced from the MPH one that would have been in the car from new.

So the advert, by rights, should read ..... only 57,500 klms from when the speedo was swapped over (whenever that may have been)

I, like turboT, also remember this car for sale years ago as I also made the comment of the irony of the wording in the advert ....

Totally 100% as factory delivered with no modifications .... yet it was USA delivered and has been converted. Obviously too small a detail to mention ..

Will take it on face value the K's/miles are correct -  "Full log books and receipts" can basically verify it if they complete...but $225? hahaha good luck with that! $140 tops and it'd have to be true k's/miles and true of all details in ad (which are never all true!) Probably in reality $130 tops

I don't think it is fair comparison, the cheaper Turbo is also converted  LHD with the wrong type of engine, wrong tail, wrong colour, and clearly in nowhere near the same condition

You will never be able to return it to original, its motor is most likely gone forever, also I suspect no history or documents with the car.

Having said that price reflects fairly.

something about the colour makes this look ok in profile. 1/3 of its value everytime you go for a service? or do Porsche mechanics offer pro-Bono? Michael?

http://www.gumtree.com.au/s-ad/balgowlah/cars-vans-utes/1982-porsche-924-coupe/1111306541?utm_source=criteo&utm_medium=cpc&utm_campaign=LF-

this must be getting close to the original sale price?

http://www.gumtree.com.au/s-ad/taringa/cars-vans-utes/2016-porsche-cayman-coupe/1109932075

@turboT, I agree. It's probably not much more than 5 % above purchase price now. It's got all the desirable options that I estimated put the vehicle at about $ 220,000, excl. on-roads. This owner started quite a bit higher, then restructured the offer to make the headline price ex-GST and has since dropped the price again. For anyone that missed out on an allocation, this is the most reasonable offer by far.

By the way, I chatted with my local OPC a couple of weeks ago and they thought there might still be a chance of talking Zuffenhausen into adding a GT4 production slot. I'd say that window has probably closed by now.

'85 Carrera 3.2 Targa $55K

http://www.carsales.com.au/private/details/Porsche-911-Carrera-1985/SSE-AD-4029157/?Cr=3

mentions compliance plate so maybe UK/Japan or converted US car.

seems like a nice car.

Compliance plate means Aust delivery.  You never get a plate for an imported car, they were only ever fitted by the manufacturer.

Is it f-40r's or claywongs

It's in WA and ad says owned for 10 years so unlikely

EDIT: It's in NSW - I'm going senile

Edited by GUT