Whats for sale (in Australia ) and interesting Thread

Does anyone know this car...

http://www.carsales.com.au/private/details/Porsche-911-Carrera-1995/SSE-AD-3690988/?gts=SSE-AD-3690988&gtssaleid=SSE-AD-3690988

Has been on carsales for quite a while now. Came down from around $104000.

Any opinions on why it's not moving...?

Looks like a nice car, cool colour. 

http://www.carsales.com.au/private/details/Porsche-911-Carrera-1995/SSE-AD-3690988/?gts=SSE-AD-3690988&gtssaleid=SSE-AD-3690988

Has been on carsales for quite a while now. Came down from around $104000.

Any opinions on why it's not moving...?

Been wondering this myself!

Here's my opinion:

Combination of too expensive with a market that thinks it has too many kilometres.  If it was a 964 or a G Series the kilometres wouldn't be a sticking point and it would be judged on the merits of it overall condition.

Suggest you call the owner and ask him that question directly.

Also ask him who has performed the recent PPI and then don't be afraid to call mechanic who actually did the inspection.  If you are polite and respectful you may be pleasantly surprised what you find out.

The photos suggest it at least worth a phone call or two.  

Guy I know had a shot at this one and yes ""Combination of too expensive with a market that thinks it has too many kilometres"".ïs correct .... and was just a bit too average condition around that price once he finally got to see it

Thanks for the info, Sandy. I kinda got that vibe from the 'good condition' description in the ad. Usually sellers describe their cars as 'immaculate' or 'excellent' so 'good' to me seemed like 'okay, it's a bit average....'. Might skip this one then....too bad.

.....was just a bit too average condition around that price once he finally got to see it

Sandy,

Did he elaborate more on the condition?  I mean "average" doesn't necessary mean bad.  Did it just need detailing or was there a shitload of deferred maintenance needed doing?  Or just normal wear and tear for those km?

Do you know if it drove OK?

Thanks!

As I was up the coast this morning I dropped into the Gosford showroom after the C&C down the road.

Around 11 carpark was full as was the street. Plenty of people inside not packed but busy. Certainly a lot of inventory and quite eclectic the different Marque's and models. Certainly you can tell he is a ferarri guy as he has most of the model span covered with the exception of the earlier super rare models. Merc, RR and Porsche have pretty good coverage of the earlier models. I recognised a few cars across a few brands that I had been looking at on line over the past couple of years were on show so looks like he has been stocking up for a while.

Certainly the rope off is a little annoying and limits the view however I can sort of understand that there are some pretty expensive cars and last thing you need are putters and kids climbing all over them. I am sure as clubs get some opportunities to do special previews that they will let them have better access.  There are a bunch of cars out the back in the old nursery area including a couple of P cars (930, 928, 911t 993). Some are a bit rough especially the 911t converted LHD was red with a blow over black paint job)  and being sold as is. I am looking for an old MB for a friend which they had in the museum section and when I spoke to the owners son about price I was quiet surprised that whilst slightly on the high side of others I have looked at over the past 12 months it wasn't unrealistic for a well documented AU delivered car in good nick. Only issue is I need to go up mid week to get better access to look it over more thourghly prior to PPI but certainly a lot of the cars are for sale.

I went to Winton Historics today, pretty cool!  Saw a couple of 930's, a Targa, and quite a few mixed 70's, 80's, 90's Carreras. 

There was a 79 SC duck tail in red for $75k.  Looked OK in the 1 minute I spent looking at it :)   PM for phone number

Shane

Anyone heading to Shannons in Syd tomorrow night? I had a look at the 928 and 3.2 last week. Both ok and expect as normal they will sell at the higher end of catalogue being everything else tends to.

ill be the guy near the roller door not wearing the PFA T shirt......?

Edited by Tips

I went to Winton Historics today, pretty cool!  Saw a couple of 930's, a Targa, and quite a few mixed 70's, 80's, 90's Carreras. 

There was a 79 SC duck tail in red for $75k.  Looked OK in the 1 minute I spent looking at it :)   PM for phone number

Shane

sounds like barries car

As I was up the coast this morning I dropped into the Gosford showroom after the C&C down the road.

Around 11 carpark was full as was the street. Plenty of people inside not packed but busy. Certainly a lot of inventory and quite eclectic the different Marque's and models. Certainly you can tell he is a ferarri guy as he has most of the model span covered with the exception of the earlier super rare models. Merc, RR and Porsche have pretty good coverage of the earlier models. I recognised a few cars across a few brands that I had been looking at on line over the past couple of years were on show so looks like he has been stocking up for a while.

Certainly the rope off is a little annoying and limits the view however I can sort of understand that there are some pretty expensive cars and last thing you need are putters and kids climbing all over them. I am sure as clubs get some opportunities to do special previews that they will let them have better access.  There are a bunch of cars out the back in the old nursery area including a couple of P cars (930, 928, 911t 993). Some are a bit rough especially the 911t converted LHD was red with a blow over black paint job)  and being sold as is. I am looking for an old MB for a friend which they had in the museum section and when I spoke to the owners son about price I was quiet surprised that whilst slightly on the high side of others I have looked at over the past 12 months it wasn't unrealistic for a well documented AU delivered car in good nick. Only issue is I need to go up mid week to get better access to look it over more thourghly prior to PPI but certainly a lot of the cars are for sale.

Not sure if it's $20 in value and certainly if the girls were with me I would have thought it a bit rich but as I was on my own glad I did whilst in the area and certainly plenty to look at.

Certainly the rope off is a little annoying and limits the view however I can sort of understand that there are some pretty expensive cars and last thing you need are punters and kids with no f'ing idea climbing all over them. I am sure as clubs get some opportunities to do special previews that they will let them have better access.  There are a bunch of cars out the back in the old nursery area including a couple of P cars (930, 928, 911t 993). Some are a bit rough especially the 911t converted LHD was red with a blow over black paint job)  and being sold as is. I am looking for an old MB for a friend which they had in the museum section and when I spoke to the owners son about price I was quiet surprised that whilst slightly on the high side of others I have looked at over the past 12 months it wasn't unrealistic for a well documented AU delivered car in good nick. Only issue is I need to go up mid week to get better access to look it over more thourghly prior to PPI but certainly a lot of the cars are for sale.

Not sure if it's $20 in value and certainly if the girls were with me I would have thought it a bit rich but as I was on my own glad I did whilst in the area and certainly plenty to look at.

Certainly the rope off is a little annoying and limits the view however I can sort of understand that there are some pretty expensive cars and last thing you need are punters and kids with no f'ing idea climbing all over them. I am sure as clubs get some opportunities to do special previews that they will let them have better access.  There are a bunch of cars out the back in the old nursery area including a couple of P cars (930, 928, 911t 993). Some are a bit rough especially the 911t converted LHD was red with a blow over black paint job)  and being sold as is. I am looking for an old MB for a friend which they had in the museum section and when I spoke to the owners son about price I was quiet surprised that whilst slightlyon the high side of others I have looked at over the past 12 months it wasn't unrealistic for a well documented AU delivered car in good nick. Only issue is I need to go up mid week to get better access to look it over more thourghly prior to PPI but certainly a lot of the cars are for sale.

museum - inventory - $20...really?  FFS. Birdwood museum in SA and even dare I say the mt panorama 'national' museum would offer better viewing.

just ring Bevin and save the drive? 

Seller's name is "Calivn". How many 6 year olds can't even spell their own names?

Then again , trendy parents may well have called him Calivn cos , like,  you know,  it's different and edgy, like a small tatt where mum can't see it..