Whats for sale (in Australia ) and interesting Thread

Looks to be a nice car.

Parked in the street? That bugs me.

I haven't been following these as much as you Nick, do you think prices have bottomed and are rising?

The parked on the street in redfern didn't do it for me. That and three terrible photos don't do you any favours when you have the most expensive 9934s on the market. Then he changes his statement from $4k spent on maintenance to $30k spent, slight difference. May end up being a brilliant car but I have been following this car for five months and the seller has absolutely done themselves no favours.

The parked on the street in redfern didn't do it for me. That and three terrible photos don't do you any favours when you have the most expensive 9934s on the market. Then he changes his statement from $4k spent on maintenance to $30k spent, slight difference. May end up being a brilliant car but I have been following this car for five months and the seller has absolutely done themselves no favours.

The maintenance spend is now down to $26k.

As Tassie says, "scary running costs".

The turquoise metallic 993C4S sold pretty quickly. Polarising colour, but great car. I did know the seller.

Scary running costs  :wub: for a 115,000km car. But it's got new keys!

You would think with all the expenses they would have fixed the cigarette lighter!! Deal breaker!

Seriously though, $26K on regular upkeep over 17 years is actually a good thing. I would however be interested in knowing why at 115,000km it has had an engine rebuild, rockers and cams!!!!!!!!!!! That for me is the big question.

Whatever choice you make, no matter how good a car feels, be sure to take it for an inspection at a reputable Porsche mechanic.  You might consider Michael Harris at Promotive in Brisbane.

http://www.promotive.com.au/

Don't be fooled by the crap website, this guy really knows his stuff.

Michael built the engine for me... top bloke :)

Don't think we know if it actually lives on the street . . . he just took the lousy pictures on the street.  I agree 100% that the seller is doing himself no favours . . . a few professional photos and it probably would have gone by now.

Think it is fairly common for 993 to need some work at 60k-70 miles (say 100,000 km) because the valve guides go.

I can hear it now.... "don't why it's not selling Mrs 911, bit let's keep trying......"

My car is a conversion and most people wouldn't know. As far as I can tell the only difference with mine is the diagnostics port is on the drivers side. My key barrel and stereo are in the right spots, you get what you pay for I guess.

I think a car like yours is the exception, possibly due to it being an extremely expensive car at the time the conversion was undertaken. 

Think it is fairly common for 993 to need some work at 60k-70 miles (say 100,000 km) because the valve guides go.

Nick,

I don't think that's an accurate statement for 993's.  Maybe some earlier engines but by the time the 993's came around they were pretty well bullet proof with only oil weeping around the cam chain housings, the distributor tooth belt and checking that the engine wiring harness has been replaced under the recall being the common issues for us to be particularly aware of.   

This popped up in my Carsales email alerts this morning $28,990  already gone by the looks of it.

Ouch $29k for a 996 Cab with 159,00km on it

http://www.carsales.com.au/private/details/_/SSE-AD-2623117?WT.seg_4=AutoAlert;PCAA&sdmvc=1

I recall the earlier advert indicated it was on the written-off vehicle register.

1976_porsche_911_used_2654171_1_m.jpg

http://www.carsguide.com.au/cars-for-sale/CG_2654171/used-1976-PORSCHE-911-CARRERA-3.0--Manual--Convertible-in-.html

Price: $47,950 ONO What's your trade-in value? Vehicle: 1976 PORSCHE 911 CARRERA 3.0 Seller type: Private Body type: Convertible, 2 Doors, 4 Seats Transmission: Manual Engine: 6 cyl, 3.0 L Kilometres: 225,439 Kms
Condition: Very_good Colour ext / int: Silver / Tartancheckleather Registration: 007100 Rego expiry: Jun 2014 VIN: - Roadworthy cert: Yes Service history: Yes Location: NSW

Porsche_911_3.0_Carrera_brooklandscc_4.j

http://www.brooklandscc.com/cars/view/10

Porsche 911 3.0 Carrera

Year: 1977

Price: (AUD) 48,950

Miles: 82,447

VIN-No: 9117601044

This 911 was originally delivered new RHD to Hong Kong and Imported and compliance plated here 2002. Over the past 11 years it has had 2 owners and been fully registered in Queensland and Victoria. Along with the original handbook and a receipt file for approx $30,000 on expenditure, the main items include a full gearbox and clutch rebuild, heat exchangers, exhaust, new discs and brakes plus other service items.

I dream of getting my car to this sort of condition.

16porsche911carreragold.jpg

1977 Porsche 911 Carrera 3.0

Platinum Diamanté
Coupé
5 Speed Manual
3.0 litre
101,314 kms
VIN-No. 9117601134
A$ 82,995

This superb example of the popular 911 Carrera 3.0 has been fastidiously maintained.

It is a genuine right hand drive matching numbers model ordered from Australia and collected from the factory by the original owner. It is accompanied by the original service book, fully stamped and documenting the mileage.

Having been in a private collection for the many years the car was sparingly used for the occasional weekend and shows. It has had a full bare metal restoration on the body finished in the original colour of Platinum Diamanté with Cork interior in original and excellent condition.

This is by far one of the finest examples of this model available; it is a car that must be seen to be appreciated. The current owner, a Porsche enthusiast and mechanic has been very meticulous with the upkeep of this car; it has had a full rebuild on the motor with new timing chains and tensioners, a fully rebuilt gear box with new syncro throughout and a new clutch making this car ready for a new home.

I dream of getting my car to this sort of condition.

" it has had a full rebuild on the motor "

Maybe if the mechanic had upgraded to the cooler 11 bladed fan he wouldn't have cooked the motor? Just speculating on the rebuild reason. Did the Oz cars have the thermal reactors too?

http://www.gumtree.com.au/s-ad/bentleigh-east/cars-vans-utes/1986-porsche-911-coupe/1043757072

paul_zps016a5c9b.jpg

Does this sound like a decent deal?

86 carrera coupe.. Aus delivered.

200,000kms...

Original motor and never had a rebuild... doesnt leak oil and has no leaks whatsoever...

The interior is ALL BURGUNDY.. dash, seats, wheels etc... a bit over the top perhaps....

Different rims.. doesnt have the stock ones anymore.

Has done 10,000kms in the last 10 years. Last service was in 2003...

He is firm on price... bargain? or beware?