Whats for sale (in Australia ) and interesting Thread

The reason I thought it had been pulled was due to someone on here looking at it and the seller deciding he didn't want to sell? Obviously that was a lie then. Very odd that.

My understanding is that it has never been taken off the market, but in this particular case the seller and potential buyer were unable to come to an arrangement.  

The seller is a genuine guy who has put some great work into this car.

I suppose it is up to the market to decide what the value is and up to the seller to decide if he is agreeable to the market's position.

My understanding is that it has never been taken off the market, but in this particular case the seller and potential buyer were unable to come to an arrangement.

I suppose it is up to the market to decide what the value is and up to the seller to decide if he is agreeable to the market's position.

It's a nice car but if he still wants over 60k then it is overpriced IMO

Martin is a straight up guy..genY sure :) ..but his car has been put together well and from Uncles prev comments built up off a good base..

It's a nice car but if he still wants over 60k then it is overpriced IMO

Ad says 48k

I see Sheldon (from PCQLD) has put his 76 Carrera 3.0 back on the market. Well worth a look if you're in the market.

http://www.carsales.com.au/private/details/Porsche-911-Carrera-1976/SSE-AD-951360/?Cr=0&sdmvc=1

cp5068017876416578673.jpg?height=700&asp

Ben - have you seen this car in the flesh? Are those rear guards slightly rolled over standard? It looks very straight and we'll cared for but I am just so nervous about rust on the late seventies cars. Is it realistic that one could be completely rust free?

I have, it's an amazing car and I'm still surprised it hasn't sold. He's a nice guy too so I'd ring him and have a chat if you were keen

I wouldn't be really worried about rust on post 75 cars (as much as I would on the other side of it)

if it's owned by sheldon you're not going to have any worries about the condition :)

i saw this for sale and got a laugh:
http://www.gumtree.com.au/s-ad/scarborough/cars-vans-utes/porsche-911-coupe/1042589240?utm_source=criteo&utm_medium=cpc&utm_campaign=ActivePlus-automotive&mpch=ads

Looks like a full 930 without the Turbo hassles

those turbo hassles like power, big brakes.. haha

if it's owned by sheldon you're not going to have any worries about the condition :)

http://www.gumtree.com.au/s-ad/scarborough/cars-vans-utes/porsche-911-coupe/1042589240?utm_source=criteo&utm_medium=cpc&utm_campaign=ActivePlus-automotive&mpch=ads

Those mirrors, pipes & seats! wow. No turbo aye, who would have thought!  :rolleyes:  ;)

Ben - have you seen this car in the flesh? Are those rear guards slightly rolled over standard? It looks very straight and we'll cared for but I am just so nervous about rust on the late seventies cars. Is it realistic that one could be completely rust free?

i have also seen Sheldon's car. Totally honest fella and will tell you everything about the car.

Whilst it's not a "laser straight" concourse condition car, it is extremely clean and tidy.

And definately worth a tonne more than that other one that cropped up on carsales recently... I'm guessing that's what may have prompted Sheldon to list it again... 

I wouldn't be really worried about rust on post 75 cars (as much as I would on the other side of it)

+ 1. This car will have a galvanised body so not be as prone as the earlier cars. Typically you may find some in the front floor pan around where the battery is located (due to leaking acid over time) but this car looks pretty sorted so I would expect minimal if any signs of rust. 

I am surprised this car has sat on the market as it looks very nice indeed. 

No I haven't, I went as far as a PPI and spent a lot of time talking to Sheldon getting extra pictures etc and spent a lot of sleepless nights trying to decide between Sheldon's and the one I bought. At the end of the day it came down to which car was in better condition based on the PPI's and inspections/photo's given they were both asking the same sort of money (+/-5k).

As the guys have said, Sheldon is very honest about the car and he sent me photo's of every issue with the body work he could so I wouldn't be disappointed if I flew up to inspect. At the stage I was looking at it he had the PMO carbs installed and he wasn't using the car (he has a 964 also) so there were a long list of little cosmetic things that needed repair. Armed with the PPI I made an offer but Sheldon wasn't willing to come down to it so I purchased the other car. I sent Sheldon a copy of the PPI and he was going to remove the car from the market and repair all the little issues and remove the PMO's and reinstall the CIS before putting it back on the market.

It then disappeared from the market and he did the CIS and the main kickers from the PPI I had carried out and re-listed it for the same money. 3 or 4 months later it disappeared from Carsales and I thought he had sold it. I to reckon the one in VIC has inspired him to list his again, it certainly didn't do the guy selling the one in Vic any favours.

As for rust, it's been 14 months or so since I looked into the car but I am sure Sheldon's car had been resprayed some 15 years ago, partly I think but maybe fully. You would need to speak to Sheldon as my information is outdated but there were signs of what I put down to poor preparation when it was repainted, maybe he has had this fixed? The one I bought was done around the same time and I believe it is 98% rust free. I am sure there would be a little bit on there somewhere but nothing major. The only bit on mine I have seen is on the lip of the drain hole in the battery well. I am sure there are other spots where the paint has chipped off. These cars were galvanised in the factory so less susceptible to corrosion than their older bothers and sisters.

Based on the information I gathered when I was enquiring about the car and my close watch of the market over the last 14months the money he is asking is consistent with the condition. I would sell mine tomorrow if I could find one in better condition but I can't. Sheldon's came close as did Mikes but none of them are showroom condition which I what I would like to own one day. If I can find one I would be expecting to pay around $100 to 120k for a 76/77 Carrera 3.o in showroom condition, Australian delivered matching number coupe with a complete history. Trouble is I think I might have to build one as who would want to part with one if they had one.

The other day pulling onto the highway I was just thinking how much of a hassle all that boost was giving me  :D  :D

I see Sheldon (from PCQLD) has put his 76 Carrera 3.0 back on the market. Well worth a look if you're in the market.

http://www.carsales.com.au/private/details/Porsche-911-Carrera-1976/SSE-AD-951360/?Cr=0&sdmvc=1

cp5068017876416578673.jpg?height=700&asp

Like the other Qlders, I know Sheldon and the car, had I known he was going to sell it down the track, I would NOT have bought my 3.2, I would have waited for this car.

Update to the listing on this car...  http://www.carsales.com.au/private/details/Porsche-911-1975/SSE-AD-2744815/?Cr=7&sdmvc=1

"Apologies as the car was mistakenly advertised as a 911S, it has been confirmed from Melbourne Porsche that it is a 1976 Australian delivered 911 2.7 (165hp), the original colour was Speedway Green."

So not an S, and not originally Viper Green - the 2 things that had me thinking about it...  But apparently Speedway Green is a rare colour...

Still, being RHD, Aust delivered and matching #'s, if driven & enjoyed and along the way restored back to original colour and some other corrections, over time do you folk this will appreciate much in value?

Update to the listing on this car...  http://www.carsales.com.au/private/details/Porsche-911-1975/SSE-AD-2744815/?Cr=7&sdmvc=1

"Apologies as the car was mistakenly advertised as a 911S, it has been confirmed from Melbourne Porsche that it is a 1976 Australian delivered 911 2.7 (165hp), the original colour was Speedway Green."

So not an S, and not originally Viper Green - the 2 things that had me thinking about it...  But apparently Speedway Green is a rare colour...

Still, being RHD, Aust delivered and matching #'s, if driven & enjoyed and along the way restored back to original colour and some other corrections, over time do you folk this will appreciate much in value?

It makes sense as I didn't believe 'S' models were delivered to Aus, as I understand they were the base US model (not to be confused with the earlier 'S' cars being the top model). So actually this is a good thing re the model but would agree viper green is cooler than speedway green. Seems to be pretty good value on the face of it.