Whats for sale (in Australia ) and interesting Thread

Anyone know this boxster?

http://www.bit.ly/RSARr7

I'm thinking I should jump in a 987.2 S for a couple of years till the 981 prices moderate...

And any feedback on the guys at Weltmeister in Richmond? i.e. any need for an independent inspection on the car.

Hi Michael,

Don't know the car but i bought my car from Matt last year and I can only offer good reports about them from my personal experience.

Seems everyone has a story about a company regardless of which one.

I've had the car back for service since and cannot fault them in anyway.

my $0.10 worth

Hi Michael, looking at the advert you have posted, doesn't say who is selling it, I assume it is WELTMEISTER.

Regardless, I would still have a PPI done, by someone other than relying on what the seller says about the car

Low K,'s and all looks good but a PPI will make sure of things like water damage, prior crash damage etc.

It is a great looking car though.

Good luck with it

I really like the look of this 76 2.7 Targa. It looks good in the photos, reads like it could be a great car with all the work it's had done but the price. I just don't think it's worth that much money. If it was 100% perfect, original/period correct, Australian delivered with matching numbers then ok, maybe you could get close to the asking price, maybe closer to 50k. But from the way the ad reads to me and the pictures there are several things that are hurting the value of this car and why I think it's been forsale for such a long time. Over 12 months that I know of.

I can only assume it's not an Australian delivered car as it's not mentioned (I haven't looked the VIN up, maybe it is). He says it's has a "new engine" yet an "overhauled gearbox" so it sounds like it's not matching numbers. I would be researching if I was seriously considering buying the car but 16inch Fuchs I don't believe are period correct nor is the rear wing. And what's the go with the plastics around the steering wheel and the wheel itself.

Anyway I'm picky. It's a great looking 911 and would look awesome parked next to my Talbert Yellow 76 911. But not at that price for me.

Does anyone know the car?

http://www.carsales.com.au/private/details/Porsche-911-1976/SSE-AD-889378

i agree

ad sure does spend a lot of time telling us how CHEAP it is, when it really isn't for a 2.7 targa..

granted it's all refreshed but still, it is what it is?

I really like the look of this 76 2.7 Targa. It looks good in the photos, reads like it could be a great car with all the work it's had done but the price. I just don't think it's worth that much money. If it was 100% perfect, original/period correct, Australian delivered with matching numbers then ok, maybe you could get close to the asking price, maybe closer to 50k. But from the way the ad reads to me and the pictures there are several things that are hurting the value of this car and why I think it's been forsale for such a long time. Over 12 months that I know of.

I can only assume it's not an Australian delivered car as it's not mentioned (I haven't looked the VIN up, maybe it is). He says it's has a "new engine" yet an "overhauled gearbox" so it sounds like it's not matching numbers. I would be researching if I was seriously considering buying the car but 16inch Fuchs I don't believe are period correct nor is the rear wing. And what's the go with the plastics around the steering wheel and the wheel itself.

Anyway I'm picky. It's a great looking 911 and would look awesome parked next to my Talbert Yellow 76 911. But not at that price for me.

Does anyone know the car?

http://www.carsales.com.au/private/details/Porsche-911-1976/SSE-AD-889378

As you know this has been on the market for ages, not sure if that's just a price thing? It does look like a nice car - has there been any price drop for the duration of the advertisement I wonder?

As you know this has been on the market for ages, not sure if that's just a price thing? It does look like a nice car - has there been any price drop for the duration of the advertisement I wonder?

Complete with twenty three exclamation marks,  why wouldn't you jump on that ad? Esp with Con's imprimatur ;)  

I had a drive of this today (http://bit.ly/RSARr7) - very impressed. Main things I noticed for a first time Porsche drive (with a history of MGF, Z4, 335i Convertible):

- It felt so much more solid than my previous two seaters, no scuttle shake, very minor crashing over big Melbourne bumps but generally very smooth

- Great to drive a manual again after two auto boxes (though tiring on the left leg!), and great to be back in a roadster

- The clutch is pretty heavy, and you can really feel when it engages the engine (part of the famed Porsche driving experience I'm sure)

- The steering is very well balanced, it felt like normal road driving was a country mile within its true capabilities

- The engine is a beauty, sounds spectacular when the revs build and torquey across the range

- The cabin is quite basic but comfortable and functional. No woodgrain trim euro lux here.

In summary, it felt like being in a 'real' car again. If the price is right, I think I've found my first Porsche!

For my part:

2.7 --

Targa --

Bright green -- (though I don't mind the bright colors, not everyone does)

Non-gal body --

The biggest problem for the seller is plenty of sc targas in the price range. Sounds like he is trying to make some money back. If it's been on the he market for a year, the price is wrong. No other reasons.

obligatory question.. is it an Aus delivered car? or a converted car?

Anyone here know it at all?

Whenever I see genuine RHD or original RHD without mentioning the word Australian, then I usually assume not Australian delivered.

"Apparently a UK car, that went to NZ, and is now in Sydney" from another forum.