Is it no good to be thinking of swapping the 911 for a new HSV GTS?

teknostar

Thinking (not seriously yet) of selling my 997.1 and buying a new 6M HSV GTS. The idea of 430kw and 740nm for under 100k brand new is amazing...

(500kw and 900nm) is easily achievable too with Harrop's stage 1 upgrade.

It might be time to get some taxpayer funded performance while i still can.

Thoughts?

you will go really fast in a straight line :)

Just dont show the hsv a corner or it will fall over

I'm sorry but that's where you are wrong,

recent HSV's models especially the new current GTS is just brilliant at corners.

Lots of grip and heaps of steering feedback at your fingertips.

I'm sorry but that's where you are wrong,

recent HSV's models especially the new current GTS is just brilliant at corners.

Lots of grip and heaps of steering feedback at your fingertips.

Really!!!!

He is getting out of a 997

I am not saying they are rubbish just they are not in the same league as a porka

I find my 981 under steers then over steers at the track compared to my track bike but its still brilliant

Its like comparing a hsv to a porka 2 different things and in a corner give me the porka every time

HSV cars are not great for depreciation. They are great cars when new but don't age gracefully in my (limited) experience. The problem would appear to be the huge amounts of torque and stiff suspension, and they seem to get creaky with age.

However, late model Porsches are also taking a bath in depreciation as well, so there is that.

Really!!!!

He is getting out of a 997

I am not saying they are rubbish just they are not in the same league as a porka

I find my 981 under steers then over steers at the track compared to my track bike but its still brilliant

Its like comparing a hsv to a porka 2 different things and in a corner give me the porka every time

Two very different cars but the HSV GTS does not deserve this comment .

"Just dont show the hsv a corner or it will fall over"

Not by a long shot.

Two very different cars but the HSV GTS does not deserve this comment .

"Just dont show the hsv a corner or it will fall over"

Not by a long shot.

Dont want to start a war but each to their own

I have driven the latest hsv gts and a neighbour of mine has one that is only a few years old

There is no substitute for cubic inches and the crazy levels of power and torque the new GTS can deliver.

I reckon, give it a crack and when it's out of your system the 991 will be sitting there waiting!!!

I say do it! The most powerful and the last Australian built GTS! It would be pretty cool to say you had one. Obviously a completely different genre of car but I wouldn't even consider the comments about cornering. I bet Jim still keeps up with the Porsches and AMG when in his GTS on their private SMTs. They're a very different driving experience but it doesn't mean it's not as fun.

Tough one, both are cars I desire.

Just down to your individual preference.

New Commodores are pretty damn good when pushed hard, HSV's are even better. We get the chance use them "enthusiastically" at work and they are great. I completely dismiss the comment about them handling poorly.

Horses for courses, but as mentioned it would be excellent to look back and say you owned one of the last HSV's ever made.

Hard to part with a 997 though, definitely a first world problem my friend! :rolleyes:

I have got no doubt that the HSV will out handle my driving skills by a country mile. It probably won't feel as balanced and great as the 911 does while doing it though...

Its the interior and general feel of the car that i am not sure on at this stage. I have yet to drive on, but will book a test drive in the coming weeks.

Call me a kid, but i just love the idea of being able to put two fat black stripes up the road when ever i want to!

I think depreciation on the HSV will be around 15k for the first two years, and then 10k a year from then on, which is probably a bit more than the 997 at this stage in its life.

I'm not a Holden fan but I am a car fan so I'd do it if I loved Holdens that much.

You always be able to buy new Porka's but you wont get too many more new Holden HSV GTS.

There really is something about a rumbling tyre burning V8 that a lot of people don't get isn't there.

If that's what floats your boat it doesn't matter what anyone thinks or says.

If its close to the last off the production line, then it would probably be a good (investment) move.  In the past, you knew that there would be something better coming along next year…….this time there won't !

I'd take one in a heart beat! My wife is ordering one as her company car and I am looking forward to it! The new GTS is an animal and far from a pig in the twisties. If and when the time comes I am even thinking of taking the punt and ordering one for the hope it will appreciate in the future.

Would I give up a 911 for one no I wouldn't but I am fortunate that I don't have to. As they say there is no substitute I was in the wilderness for 7 years till the 991 came along.

Oh and depreciation of 15K in two years is hopeful in my opinion.............

Archived