I was going to wait until the formalities were done but the excitement is too much and I need to share. I have actually bought my first Porsche, Peter's 1976 911 Sporto. I think I am going to burst with excitement and cannot wait until this coming Friday when I pick it up.

As many of you know I have been looking for a Porsche for some time and nearly bought a 944 a year or so ago. I have been following Peter's 'Dilemma' thread since the beginning but was never in a position to do anything about it. I must have read the thread about a hundred times! I planned to contact Peter in January to ask if he was still thinking of selling as SWMBO finally came around to me buying one. (I wore her down!) Strangely enough I was following his thread and when he posted that he was moving to NZ and had to sell I thought the planets are aligning for me and responded to the post very quickly.

Over the past few weeks, apart from not having much sleep thinking about it, I have been speaking with Peter and Simon at Autowerks on the Central Coast. I went up and drove the car a week ago and absolutely loved it (I wanted to post in the 'Smile' thread at the time). Prior to driving it I wasn't sure about the sporto side but was keen to experience it. What fun it was. Just being able to drive and experience one of these iconic cars was just amazing. Simon was very patient with me and went through the car in detail. A PPI was booked in for last Monday. Nothing surprising came out as I knew the headliner needed redoing and the paint was average. There are a few mechanical items to fix, which are being done this week along with a service, but overall it is in great shape.

I also called Porsche Australia to learn more about the car. I have to say the guy I spoke to was fantastic and explained that it was Australian delivered in silver, leather interior with tartan inserts, Fuch wheels, front and rear stabiliser bars, sunroof and side mouldings. All items are still with the car except one of the stabiliser bars which is being replaced. There was even an original manual in the glove box. What awesome service from Porsche and very interesting. If you want to learn more about your car, give them a call.

Apologies if I am rambling but are pretty exciting with everything that is happening and have been keen to share my experience with everyone on the forum. 6 more sleeps to go!

Steve

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Thanks everyone for your messages.

Theo, you sure will see the car in Canberra. I can only do the Thursday and Friday. I will have to leave early on the Saturday morning as I have a wedding to attend and would lose body parts if I didn't go.

That's awesome news Steve! Congratulations!

It's an awesome looking car that you have acquired, I am glad it's going to a good home and staying in the community.

PS - next time were having drinks you won't be the porscheless guy!! :P:lol:

Archived