What's for sale (Internationally) that's interesting Thread

1 minute ago, Mike-S said:

Shush you. 😉

RHD, ex South Africa and currently in Europe makes it a bit of an oddball. Looks good underneath though, might be a cheap go for someone.

Rare bird the 72 mate.

A friend has an RSR rep thing he's doing a resto on now. He bought it as a forward date with turbo guards a few years ago, and only realised it was a '72 when he found the oil filler under the bog in the guard when he was backdating it.

It'll be a cracker of a car knowing him, as he built his own 2.8 twin plug for it a while ago. 

14 minutes ago, LeeM said:

Rare bird the 72 mate.

A friend has an RSR rep thing he's doing a resto on now. He bought it as a forward date with turbo guards a few years ago, and only realised it was a '72 when he found the oil filler under the bog in the guard when he was backdating it.

It'll be a cracker of a car knowing him, as he built his own 2.8 twin plug for it a while ago. 

Yep, 72’s are definitely rare. However as a RHD it’ll attract 20% vat if taken to the UK (which is the natural location), hence that’ll hurt its potential sale price. Most buyers will be there. Or, it’ll come here / back to SA.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

On 17/02/2023 at 23:35, tomo said:

On 18/02/2023 at 07:29, sjm said:

If that’s about mid $30s Aud for a 996 4S, either buyer got a sensational deal, or seller took a bath. Amazing the price difference in UK, compared to Aus. 

I thought that one might have been so cheap because it had done ~ 195,000km, which made me wonder if it was an outlier, and one with a lot less k's would be closer to what we are paying here... Nope ... This one looks super clean and has only done 40,000km. Sold for £33,500 or ~ AU$58,500 ... Wow.

44 minutes ago, tomo said:

Nice bit of Kit as well 👍

Sure is! At that kind of price made me wonder if it’s worth stashing one for it to become eligible for importing at the 25yr mark, but I suppose it still ends up costing too much to bother.