What's for sale (Internationally) that's interesting Thread

1 hour ago, tomo said:

Plenty of those up for sale in the U.K in the last few months that have stuck around, would say that one is a good driver car. Not low miles, but not high so it could easily be daily driven. Definitely not a collector car. The wheels need to find a skip bin to live in, not so sure that tartan works either but each to their own. Looking at the invoices though, it’s a stretch to say it had a restoration in 2013. But, it was delivered by my local dealership back in the day 👍 

I’ve been watching the 993 market over there, some veritable bargains to be had.

56 minutes ago, Mike-S said:

I’ve been watching the 993 market over there, some veritable bargains to be had.

Globally Australia seems to be the exception, so I would say its not so much that bargains are in other countries, and more that prices here are off the hook. Hopefully this results in a tonne of imports on the water headed to our shores.

3 minutes ago, DJM said:

Apparently no 935s are painted. They are all bare carbon. The different colour schemes that were offered by Porsche  are all actually wraps. A friend of mine has one in Europe in the Martini Racing livery....which is a wrap.

It will be interesting to see what it makes at auction, the last sales i know of was 2020 for 1.7m Euro & last year another one at 1.99m Euro.

https://collectingcars.com/for-sale/2019-porsche-935

I have driven one 🤣 (does it count if it was in a carpark for a few minutes)  

6 hours ago, James P said:

It will be interesting to see what it makes at auction, the last sales i know of was 2020 for 1.7m Euro & last year another one at 1.99m Euro.

List price was around 750K euro but with the mandatory "spares" package that you had to buy, they were close to 1m euro all up when new so 1.9m euro is a very good return in such a short time frame.

9 hours ago, James P said:

Now that is a thing of beauty hasn’t Rusty French got one of those?

21 hours ago, JLD said:

Great car collection he never drives. He's probably never even going to sit in them. I don't get it

Don’t assume that to be true for all his stuff. One of my team, her FiL has worked for Lindsay since the 70’s and it’s not unheard of for him to take cars from the storage for a spin (usually on trade plates). She knows this, because her FiL has then ended up picking them up from some random location. Or the house in Portsea because he’s taken the chopper back to the city. Amusingly the most active car that seems to need moving around is his Smart car that he uses in Portsea.

Her FiL’s part of the group of old timers that still ‘work’ for Lindsay even though they probably shouldn’t be, guys in their 60’s and 70’s who’ve been loyal to him and occasionally move trucks around the country if the real drivers are all busy. Lindsay flew them all to QLD at the back end of last year for his birthday celebrations, apparently quite the bash.

1 hour ago, JWM said:

I really like that. What will it go for? 

We have got 5 days too find out, I think being special with the exposed oil fill , And recent resto and its history could attract big $ ,I am with Lee well over the 200 mark :)