What's for sale (Internationally) that's interesting Thread

45 minutes ago, tomo said:

Yeah 2or 3 years down the track  I would say check it out then, The Fkn world could have imploded by then, And how longs a piece of string ? 

To note, I'd ideally try and get something no more than 6 months out from hitting the 25 year mark (due to possible storage fees and then maintenance). Hence at the moment 1998 cars are a possibility and depending on what is available I could pull the trigger this year, if I'm looking to buy in 2-3 years I'd be looking at 2001 cars.

On the topic of price predictions I'm tired of being absolutely garbage at investing so if I lose money on a Porsche at least I get to drive and admire the thing!

25 minutes ago, CoSo said:

being absolutely garbage at investing so if I lose money on a Porsche at least I get to drive and admire the thing!

Thats been the problem with some buyers mate. Their only concern is "What is the cars future value?", making a profit when they go to sell, or at the very least get their money back.

I think it's a bloody stupid way of thinking, so take that out of the equation when buying one of these things, and just put any future financial loss as a fun tax 😅

Virtually free credit + covid has made the world go mad. Anyone new to Porsche would be justified in thinking that these cars depreciate at very slow rates, and some models may even appreciate in value. Without having the benefit of having seen values in the toilet (compared to new prices) how would you know that it is a possibility?

2 hours ago, Pilko said:

I’ve been in the UK a little bit over the last year or so, I keep getting tempted by the bargains here! Maybe I’ll bring a couple back with me. 

That's my dream @Pilko go over pick up a nice porka, Do a bit of touring through the the UK and bring her home, Got a couple on the radar just got to remember how to live life again with all this covid shit , It's fked the world . And my travell plans . ; But a fat A/C is on the charts. 😀 

• 2 weeks later...