What's for sale (Internationally) that's interesting Thread

Been looking at that car for awhile too. Wondering why it hasn't sold quickly although I suspect the high price might have a bit to do with this. Also, a couple of other questions jump out. Is it missing the model badge on the rear deck because of a rear end repair job? I would run a paint meter very carefully over that area. And why has it got non-standard larger diameter wheels? Just for looks or are they a tell tale sign of mods elsewhere on the car.  I would also want to check the engines hours roughly correlate with the total miles on the ODO. Anyway, it's a car you would want to get a very thorough PPI before buying.

55 minutes ago, PomBstard said:

Would be v surprised if that's the case, esp with the number of cars from the rest of Europe that get relocated to the UK. Also, Gov.UK webpage has advice, so would presume no probs...

https://www.gov.uk/importing-vehicles-into-the-uk

Having been in the UK during BREXIT, you can still import a car into the UK...BUT...you must pay VAT of 20% on the price of the car plus import duty....even if the car is coming from the EU. A lot of people got seriously caught out by the BREXIT rule change....including me.

When I moved from the EU to the UK, I took all my cars with me (inc. a 964 RS, 997.2 GTRS, 991.2 GT3 RS, 991.2 GT3 Touring). All were LHD. I paid zero VAT or import duty on these cars when I took them over. Prior to Brexit I could have shipped the cars back to the EU at anytime and sold them without the buyer or the seller incurring any taxes.

However, on the stoke of Brexit midnight, if you took any EU originated car back to the EU for sale, the buyer in the EU would have to pay their respective country's VAT on that car. Prior to Brexit, that was not the case on private sales. That rule change effectively stranded all LHD EU originated cars in the UK because no one in the EU wanted to pay the VAT of 19-21%. I tried advertising my cars in the EU without success so ended up selling them in the UK but well under market price for a RHD car.

So for any car being imported into the UK from AUS, the owner will have to pay 20% VAT.

3 hours ago, WGA said:

Having been in the UK during BREXIT, you can still import a car into the UK...BUT...you must pay VAT of 20% on the price of the car plus import duty....even if the car is coming from the EU. A lot of people got seriously caught out by the BREXIT rule change....including me.

Faaark  - what would Import Duty be on a classic car (on top of VAT)?

Thanks for putting me right on this. Some friends had given up thinking about selling their rare car to UK - so this is the actual reason - its not worth it!

Didnt we sign a Gold Standard FTA with the Poms?

2 minutes ago, Zelrik911 said:

Didnt we sign a Gold Standard FTA with the Poms?

There are always exceptions in free trade agreements. Can't say if this is one but I wouldn't be surprised. I don't remember hearing anything about import duty being dropped on cars sourced from the UK.

12 hours ago, PomBstard said:

Says its been maintained by one Porsche garage for the whole time - if true, I would expect records to be available. Also MOT records in the UK are searchable by anyone and give details of all and any failures and/or advisories. Its also a good way to tally mileage over time.

Not for that car they’re not searchable, it’s Jersey registered so doesn’t show up. That might explain the low miles, but without any photos of the history file it’s hard to confirm anything.

• 2 weeks later...

For sale in the UK, a 1968 Porsche 911 Custom Hot Rod.

Originally an Australian supplied RHD 911T from 1968, the car was imported into the UK sometime ago and "hot rodded" in 2016. Some interesting bits vs some odd bits.

https://www.burevalleyclassics.co.uk/listings/porsche-911-hot-rod/

• 4 weeks later...
On 11/03/2022 at 09:45, tomo said:

Bit of a bitsa?

Lots of weird stuff.... missing or added:

Wrong rear wing (Gt2 - if OEM worth BIiiiig $$$)

Ruf (style) rear bar?

Turbo S front ducts missing

Callipers wrong colour etc etc... Caveat Emptor!

On 13/03/2022 at 12:30, on_booost said:

Bit of a bits?

Lots of weird stuff.... missing or added:

Wrong rear wing (Gt2 - if OEM worth BIiiiig $$$)

Ruf rear bar.

Turbo S front ducts missing

Callipers wrong colour etc etc... Caveat Emptor!

Yes Even the Blurb explaining the the cars Transfomation over the years is as confusing  as the car, But apparently genuine so around 300 k  buy in not that bad, double that out here . There's also the 12 month holiday before you can bring it home. Cancel that it's a 97 bring her straight in :)

46 minutes ago, LeeM said:

Yeah that muffler looks weird, and the steering wheel needs to go in the bin

Pic 11. Is that tyre nearly touching the bumper, or is it just the camera angle? 

Yes it does look a bit close for comfort, But i think the wheel might be turned to the left a smidge and creates the illusion that it is closer, ( Lets hope so any way) And Yep Steering wheel in the bin .

@wilson59 

@tomo

Centre muffler needs to be sorted -but looks like a packaging issue at this point? Would be an awesome drive if properly sorted!!

As for the wheel you boys are HARSH!!!

Its almost period correct (for the 964 base - its from a '95 GT2 with the stock silver bit painted blue)

16 minutes ago, on_booost said:

@wilson59 

@tomo

As for the wheel you boys are HARSH!!!

Its almost period correct (for the 964 base - its from a '95 GT2 with the stock silver bit painted blue)

Maybe a bit harsh, as it's a backdate/restomod 😁😉

Still think it should be binned though 👍😉