What's for sale (Internationally) that's interesting Thread

34 minutes ago, Pilko said:

Now at £200,000.  Will be interesting to see what this one goes for.  The Duttons red one is also still for sale here.  Lower klms.  Nice guards red and also Sultan of Brunei car.  $650,000 still a bit too steep but what a car.  If the Button car goes for £300,000 then the Duttons car may be the better buy.

https://duttongarage.com/Porsche-Turbo-Coupe-dr-Man-sp-T-Rel-Jan~38226

7 hours ago, Lucky Phil said:

Now at £200,000.  Will be interesting to see what this one goes for.  The Duttons red one is also still for sale here.  Lower klms.  Nice guards red and also Sultan of Brunei car.  $650,000 still a bit too steep but what a car.  If the Button car goes for £300,000 then the Duttons car may be the better buy.

https://duttongarage.com/Porsche-Turbo-Coupe-dr-Man-sp-T-Rel-Jan~38226

I might be wrong , but pretty sure that’s long gone and what you are seeing is a cached advert …. The last couple sold by duttons have been a fair bit above that .

the JB car was in the classifieds in uk briefly few months ago , I spoke to the seller and they’d had multiple offers up to £350k which I indicated I was happy to keep talking at , but the owner wasn’t interested , had already made the decision to go auction obviously 

4 hours ago, Jedly said:

I might be wrong , but pretty sure that’s long gone and what you are seeing is a cached advert …. The last couple sold by duttons have been a fair bit above that .

the JB car was in the classifieds in uk briefly few months ago , I spoke to the seller and they’d had multiple offers up to £350k which I indicated I was happy to keep talking at , but the owner wasn’t interested , had already made the decision to go auction obviously 

Yep, my bad, car sold.  ☹️

5 hours ago, Jedly said:

Glad i bought mine some years ago !

964 Turbo PCV Night.jpg

On 28/08/2021 at 06:21, Jedly said:

Hey @Jedly,

Interesting to see the final Auction sale price.  £ 317,464

Didn't reach your pre-Auction price discussions..?!?

https://collectingcars.com/for-sale/1994-porsche-911-964-turbo-3-6-x88

On 04/09/2021 at 11:54, luzzo said:

Hey @Jedly,

Interesting to see the final Auction sale price.  £ 317,464

Didn't reach your pre-Auction price discussions..?!?

https://collectingcars.com/for-sale/1994-porsche-911-964-turbo-3-6-x88

There’s actually another £6k in commission , but no it didn’t …. That works out to about $860k landed here.

I see it all the time With the watches , you make a strong bid to secure something ‘off market’ but people get giddy they can get it into a bidding war if they go to auction - but in reality it’s only a 50:50 bet that’ll happen , the flip side of the coin is that some buyers won’t like that idea and walk away …. With cars it’s worse as a proper PPI becomes almost impossible in that situation .

• 2 weeks later...

You can have my 928 for the bargain price of $1 million. I'm waiting by the phone for offers.

Seriously WTF. What's that about a fool and his money.

Rumour has it that an ex Australian cricketer may have bought it. Warney possibly.

BTW that's not the one that went for a swim.

15 minutes ago, 3legs said:

You can have my 928 for the bargain price of $1 million. I'm waiting by the phone for offers.

Seriously WTF. What's that about a fool and his money.

Rumour has it that an ex Australian cricketer may have bought it. Warney possibly.

BTW that's not the one that went for a swim.

https://www.motortrend.com/news/1979-porsche-928-risky-business-auction/

quick question that I thought I knew the answer to..... 

if you lived overseas ( spain ) and owned a car ( 964 ) and wanted to bring it back with you to australia having owned it for 3 years would you only be paying GST or some amount of LCT ?

I thought after 2 years it was only G but I am now getting mixed messages!!! opinions? facts?

2 hours ago, williamsf1 said:

quick question that I thought I knew the answer to..... 

if you lived overseas ( spain ) and owned a car ( 964 ) and wanted to bring it back with you to australia having owned it for 3 years would you only be paying GST or some amount of LCT ?

I thought after 2 years it was only G but I am now getting mixed messages!!! opinions? facts?

You still have to pay Import duty (if applicable), GST and LCT. The only privilege owning a car overseas gives you is the right to bring it home. Thats it. You do not get any discount off any of the taxes.

4 hours ago, WGA said:

You still have to pay Import duty (if applicable), GST and LCT. The only privilege owning a car overseas gives you is the right to bring it home. Thats it. You do not get any discount off any of the taxes.

And you have to have been in the same country as the car for twelve months total ie if you leave the time away doesn’t count