What's for sale (Internationally) that's interesting Thread

13 minutes ago, williamsf1 said:

LCT based on what you paid for it? or what the GOV thinks it is worth at the time of import?

I believe you declare (well the handful of times I have imported, I have), then they may refer local market prices for validation... but in any case, the quandary for anything of significant value will be that whatever you declare for customs, will go with insured value... should the unthinkable occur and you've understated your value, then its on you to carry the loss. 

23 hours ago, williamsf1 said:

quick question that I thought I knew the answer to..... 

if you lived overseas ( spain ) and owned a car ( 964 ) and wanted to bring it back with you to australia having owned it for 3 years would you only be paying GST or some amount of LCT ?

I thought after 2 years it was only G but I am now getting mixed messages!!! opinions? facts?

It doesn’t matter how long you’ve owned it overseas you pay gst , lct and if it’s under 30 years old duty too . 

on anything bought within 6 months or so you are to use the invoice value , providing invoice and proof of payment and they do even google around a bit and check on what the car was advertised for on Occassion .

if owned longer you can change to a local valuation method which can work in your favour if you find a licensed valuer who has a negative view of imports 

On 23/09/2021 at 18:58, WGA said:

You still have to pay Import duty (if applicable), GST and LCT. The only privilege owning a car overseas gives you is the right to bring it home. Thats it. You do not get any discount off any of the taxes.

Which state are you in?  Can you register LHD when you get it back?

BTW, do it!

On 25/09/2021 at 17:07, williamsf1 said:

understood 

its a 964 3.6 turbo I'm worried its based on what they are worth here in Australia!!!

No , if you bought it recently and have the invoicing , payment records and ideally advert details they’ll take that as the valuation , just give it all to your customs broker , smile and pay the bill 🥲

• 3 weeks later...
On 04/10/2021 at 16:34, philipk said:

Be interesting to see what this original IROC brings!!

https://collectingcars.com/for-sale/1974-porsche-911-carrera-3-0-rsr-iroc

Screen Shot 2021-10-04 at 4.34.12 pm.png

I read somewhere that the reserve was lowered from $3M to $2.75M but that it still didn't sell. Fantastic car though, even with P. Escobar having been a previous owner. 

35 minutes ago, 911virgin said:

https://www.hexagonclassics.com/car/porsche-911--930--turbo-g50--1989-6654

g50 gearbox 930 turbo

are those wheels original?  not liking the look of the wheels but fantastic condition and such low mileage!

They did colour coded Fuchs over there, they look to be original

Oh boy do I love this.  I think this is my next Porsche.  I want one.  Anyone want a nice 2015 Boxster S with only 29000 klm?  PDK, Sports Chrono, SE, 20" Carrera wheels, extended warranty.

https://www.elferspot.com/en/car/porsche-356-outlaw-1960-1203768/?fbclid=IwAR2vigLONsb0dEy6WaqGtcdyeSt0K6GCpONGapdGpnFdNDC8Eu-uzTDvHgY

• 2 weeks later...

The rise of the 928's has commenced. Yes it's rare and no it's not a "Risky business" car but it's a start.

https://bringatrailer.com/listing/1978-porsche-928-36/?fbclid=IwAR0MN3BoW56zLUvFJwN2dgnr0k4Y-_9dHc1YCG8xn2oIPbCJzUACVtynbM0

928's have long been under valued, under rated and under appreciated but they are a great car. 

If you have one especially a manual, hold on to her.

2 minutes ago, 3legs said:

The rise of the 928's has commenced. Yes it's rare and no it's not a "Risky business" car but it's a start.

https://bringatrailer.com/listing/1978-porsche-928-36/?fbclid=IwAR0MN3BoW56zLUvFJwN2dgnr0k4Y-_9dHc1YCG8xn2oIPbCJzUACVtynbM0

928's have long been under valued, under rated and under appreciated but they are a great car. 

I want to own one of these things for a while. I think they’re beautiful, especially the older ones. I’d go for the lazy auto personally. 

Yeah I have an 85 auto and I love it. Had a 930 at the same time and loved that but the 928 is much more civilised and great for cruising but give it a boot full and it will let you know there is a V8 under the bonnet and without the turbo lag although I have to admit I loved the lag and I do miss my fix of boost but the 928 ain't going nowhere.

• 3 weeks later...
On 20/10/2021 at 15:53, 911virgin said:

https://www.hexagonclassics.com/car/porsche-911--930--turbo-g50--1989-6654

g50 gearbox 930 turbo

are those wheels original?  not liking the look of the wheels but fantastic condition and such low mileage!

Previous owners of that car should be slapped. Porsches should be driven!

20 hours ago, on_booost said:

And here it is!
Wonder what the end price will be?

Make 7 figures easily.......

https://collectingcars.com/for-sale/1973-porsche-911-carrera-2-7-rs-3

Car is being advertised with 68,656 kms but the service record shows 124,100 kms in 1988.

How do I get this Benjamin Button feature on my car?

Dumb question but who is responsible for confirming the correct KM's. The current owner or the agent ( Collecting Cars ). I would have thought that CC would have to have done some due diligence in correcting such an obvious mistake.

Would the new owner have some legal comeback if the SHTF if they realised afterwards the mistake although you would hope that someone wth that amount of coin would be smart enough to notice it ( stranger things have happened ).

As I said dumb question but I bet a lawyer would have a field day with it :) 

23 hours ago, 3legs said:

Dumb question but who is responsible for confirming the correct KM's. The current owner or the agent ( Collecting Cars ). I would have thought that CC would have to have done some due diligence in correcting such an obvious mistake.

Would the new owner have some legal comeback if the SHTF if they realised afterwards the mistake although you would hope that someone wth that amount of coin would be smart enough to notice it ( stranger things have happened ).

As I said dumb question but I bet a lawyer would have a field day with it :) 

CC have made sure they're covered.

"The description of this auction lot is, to the best of the seller's knowledge, accurate and not misleading. Collecting Cars requests a range of detail about the lot from the seller, and performs a level of due diligence. However, bidders must satisfy themselves as to the accuracy of the description, and conduct any research they feel is necessary before committing to a bid."

On 01/11/2021 at 17:06, 3legs said:

I’ve been a 911 owner for 30 years early next year … yet every time I drive my early low mile non sun roof manual with pasha ‘78 928 it’s epic fun and capability completely changes any notion I may had had to maybe one day part with it