Finally Its Happened to Me........and Thank You

Hi All

After many many a year and and at times not knowing what [model] to pick, I finally found a car that I knew would tick all my boxes.

Whilst originally looking for a 997, something about her on the "looking for love site " (aka Carsales)  made me want one. It was just that gut feel about her. The prior owner was decent and knowledgeable, the PPI held no nasty surprises and the price fit the budget. Sealed the deal within 72 hours and had the car make the trip across the Nullabor with CEVA. Whilst counting down the days, I remembered what it was like waiting for Christmas to arrive so I could get my present!

I have had the car for ~ three weeks and its been a slow introduction as I am still learning her intricacies. Been with my wife for 15 years and still none the wiser but hoping I figure this lady out sooner. One thing I have done is named her ELLE......As in Macpherson. In my eyes, a timeless body......

Before revealing Elle (alas the car, not the supermodel), I wanted to thank you all. Directly and indirectly the forum and its members have been invaluable. When first looking, I even had an offer from a member (Gavin) to have a try of his many cars. Others gave sagely / genuine advice.

The only enhancements to date have been a tint (to avoid frying the heads of my kids), the highly recommended T-Lock Keyless Entry and the "Baby On Board" sign to show I mean business.......

Without further ado (1995 C2 Tiptronic)........

IMG_3917_zpsb267435c.jpg

IMG_3919_zps323c7ef1.jpg

Thanks again for all the support.

The insinuations from likening her to Elle have certainly been amusing and no doubt I could keep going with it. Out of respect and deference to the fairer sex, I will desist :rolleyes:

Peter - were you aware of this cars history prior to me purchasing her?

I have to say the Tiptronic has caught me off guard (in a good way). I thought 4 gears would have been limiting but definitely has not been the case...... :D

Peter - were you aware of this cars history prior to me purchasing her?

Nish,

I had admired it on Carsales and it got a very brief mention on the TYP901 forum by the owner making it known that it was for sale to fund house renovations. I don't know any more about it that that.

Enjoy!

Archived