Moderator Retirement.

Kerry

Hey All.

Niko spoke to me earlier today and related to me his desire to step back from the coal face of forum moderatorship, and instead recover his carefree days "without the hassle of having to make comments or decisions as a moderator".

I think any of us mods can relate to this sentiment as our roles often mean considering and negotiating a group position rather than simply speaking our minds as a "rank and file" member would do without hesitation.

I've known Niko since our PCV days together and he was a natural choice to join our moderating team and compliment our common ideals of what we wanted in a new platform for Pcar enthusiasts, outside the staid and hierarchical club environment.

I want to thank Ian for his invaluable counsel over the years, his plain speaking attitude, and his time and effort in advocating for the members who have sought his advise and assistance.

Niko will continue to hold up the flag for all Yellow Poxsters, and I'd imagine he'll be even more vocal than we're used to!

I've said it before, and I'll say it again: being a moderator is not a life long sentence, many thanks friend for your contribution in helping make the PFA what it is today.

Kerry

PS: As a small token of our appreciation, in the near future I intend to introduce a new category of membership, that of an Honorary Member. Niko will be Numero Uno!

PS: As a small token of our appreciation, in the near future I intend to introduce a new category of membership, that of an Honorary Member. Niko will be Numero Uno!

Amen.

One of the nicest P folk you'll ever meet. Enjoy the freedom and I hope to still see your amazing animated emotions gracing this forum for a long time to come. 

Thanks again Niko for contributing to the forum and helping make it what it is today. 

HUGE.  :)

+911 on Niko being the first member to be an Honorary Member.

Niko was actually the first PFA'er I met going to a carpark get together. Very good bloke indeed. It does take some.. stepping down of a title. 

I do see Niko as a back bone of the PFA amongst a few others. On ya mate :)

As many of us know, a mod's role is not always easy and we often rely on debate and discussion within the group to keep a balance in the forum. Niko's contribution will certainly be missed.

Great to have had you as part of the mod group Niko.

I agree with all the above sentiment. Niko I will miss having you to bounce issues off. I have really appreciated having you there as a voice of reason.....

A job done quietly with humility and thoughtfulness......

C

spare time these days seems more and more precious.  the amount of time you, the mods, devote to this, the best car enthusiast forum ive had the pleasure of being a part of,is nothing short of amazing

Niko, thankyou for your imput and knowledge. 

what will you do now with all the extra time you have 

hughesy:  all the best mate

desismileys_4404.gif

Wow... very humbled by the above comments, and I thank you all very very much.

I'm not going anywhere, so you will have to put up with me for some time yet.

It has been sensational, being part of the team that has helped make this forum what it is today.

I cant believe how large it has grown in a relatively short time.  

Thanks to Kerry's vision, we have a great (if not better) alternative, than having to be a member of an organised club.

Great bunch of people on this Forum, and I  have personally made a lot of friends from it and had some great drives.

Won't bore you all witless, but as Kerry said,

I think the time had come where I prefer to be just part of the grass roots section of the forum.

Thanks Kerry for the very kind future title of being an  "Honorary Member" that is really appreciated.

Thanks to the fellow moderators who do have a hard job to keep this forum on the perfect level it is on.   Good luck in the future.

And...thanks to everyone out there who are members of our forum.

Sorry to hear that. Are you still come SMT?

Hi Eddy, unfortunately can't make tomorrow's run due to interstate commitment, but have fun and push that Boxster along.

Thanks Niko appreciate what you have done for PFA. I remember my first foray to a PFA meet at Flemington racecourse. I brought my wife Sandra along, who was a little reluctant, as she knows I am a wanker and didn't want to be associated with a gaggle of Porsche wankers. You were the first person we met and spoke with, she was sold on PFA from that-moment on. Thanks Niko from Japan. David

Lucky you got onto PFA early as there have been others that wanted the Niko member name.

54_002.gif

WHAT.....Surely you can't be serious.   I think one NIKO per forum is quite enough.

Archived