So I bought an 89 Turbo 944

TINGY

These cars come with all the bells and whistles in standard trim as they are the same spec as the 88 Turbo S.

M030, LSD, big brakes, leather seats etc

I came across this car by chance at cars and coffee on the central coast and after talking with the owner and him telling me the history I couldn't get over how good it was with it's low kms and immaculate interior.

The car is in very good condition and has also been chipped by Fitzgerald's and dynoed some time ago and has a bit of extra power and torque over stock.

I can't wait to take delivery and share my experience and a few pictures, Friday can't come quick enough.

20160527_1408511.jpg

20160527_1408371.jpg

20160527_1408171.jpg

20160527_1407281.jpg

20160527_1407151.jpg

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hold on to your hats people ..... when the photos come you will be blown away.

I was at the same Cars n Coffee with Steve and this car was parked next to mine.

Steve is being a bit coy about this one .... it is IMMACULATE, inside and out ..... and I'm talking STUNNING!  Almost like it has just left the showroom.

Bring on the pics! ......

Educate me was the S turbo available in 88 and 89? I thought it was a 1 year only model?

sounds like a cracker of a car

The "S" was attached to the '88 turbo then as far as i understand all turbo cars that were built from '89 on had the '88 specs and the "S" was dropped, not sure if i'm correct but i believe only 12 or 13 came into the country in 89. I have only seen 4 come up for sale in "S" spec in the last 4-5 yrs on carsales and one of those was an import and 1 popped up last week with 270,000kms, mine is Indian Red with 84,xxx kms, a very lucky find.

Alright, since I'm procrastinating from home today, I couldn't help but go on a hunt... Is it one of these???

Gee what a great looking car, that is actually my car you have stumbled across, 86 944, which is for sale, that pic is from CCCC in April, Corki944 owns the silver 944 and you can see Dreamr's 911 just up bit further.

Awe Pete now you've put me on the spot, ah er, not sure but the PO tells me it was a fair weather car, we will see, maybe it will share a garage with BenC30's car:D

I'm sure a few showers here and there won't hurt it.

Awe Pete now you've put me on the spot, ah er, not sure but the PO tells me it was a fair weather car, we will see, maybe it will share a garage with BenC30's car:D

I'm sure a few showers here and there won't hurt it.

Maybe you had better keep the "old girl" for just those occasions........it's an excuse to keep it anyway

Archived