911 R 991 for Sale

Macca

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Seriously amazed by the reaction here. A guy has betted $440k ish & is looking at a triple up, well that's fine, ask what you like, getting is never the same.

Question is who are the buyers at such a price? Informed Porsche people are always given the heads up before joe public get a chance to buy. A 911 at 1.2 mill, come on, it's good but, it is no way that good. With that sort of cash you can have a massive Motorsport season or 3 & enjoy your investment rather than shitting yourself about putting miles on the "R".

I have probably missed the point here but don't care. Even if I win tonight's lotto, no way would I entertain this BS, just buy a car you love & drive it, a lot of choice out there at half the money.

He may just get it - When I used to look after Maybach in Oz they were a $1million - But those that bought it were billionaires or more

In relative terms its a $1 to $1000 for us so no big deal for those with the funds

Seriously amazed by the reaction here. A guy has betted $440k ish & is looking at a triple up, well that's fine, ask what you like, getting is never the same.

Question is who are the buyers at such a price? Informed Porsche people are always given the heads up before joe public get a chance to buy. A 911 at 1.2 mill, come on, it's good but, it is no way that good. With that sort of cash you can have a massive Motorsport season or 3 & enjoy your investment rather than shitting yourself about putting miles on the "R".

I have probably missed the point here but don't care. Even if I win tonight's lotto, no way would I entertain this BS, just buy a car you love & drive it, a lot of choice out there at half the money.

My sentiments exactly

I'd rather buy a Singer and a Cup car to run a few track days with, though I'm a million or so short of doing that

The wealthy who can afford this would already have been invited to the first party ( if not they are not Pcar people) & are not daft enough to pay $760,000 over list just because they missed the email invite. The wealthy rarely over spend.

You could say $200k over list may well be a good deal either way. Any more would be a foolish option for a car that will more than likely never be driven. There is a saying though that "a fool & his money are easily parted"

Pretend I know nothing about the process of purchasing one of these from scratch and explain WTAF has happened here?

It seems you are saying you need to be selected by Porsche to obtain a right to purchase. Then the selected one has fallen from favour and the dealer or original purchaser is selling.

I think there were 5 in total allocated to OZ, Only in the Red and Green stripe spec- All were purchased before they made it to the showroom floors ( for much less than this rort!)

Still, I'm sure someone with too much money will snap it up!! 

Archived