New Zealand Boxster Adventures

Hampton Downs trackday tomorrow. Boxster is looking tuff with the OZ wheels, YokoA050s, new brakes, lowering springs and -2 degrees camber front and back B)

Just don't go cruising the back streets of town  tonight in it....you never know what road debris you could pick up before scrutineering.

At least the camber is -'tive....

Hampton Downs trackday tomorrow. Boxster is looking tuff with the OZ wheels, YokoA050s, new brakes, lowering springs and -2 degrees camber front and back B)

Really nice Nick! Did you get the camber with standard setup or have you swapped out lower control arms etc?

Could you share the specs for wheels and tyres you went with? I have a set of 18" OZ at home that I think will fit the Spyder. If they do I will throw on some A050s... ready for next tassie adventure :ph34r:

Just don't go cruising the back streets of town  tonight in it....you never know what road debris you could pick up before scrutineering.

At least the camber is -'tive....

lol

Really nice Nick! Did you get the camber with standard setup or have you swapped out lower control arms etc?

Could you share the specs for wheels and tyres you went with? I have a set of 18" OZ at home that I think will fit the Spyder. If they do I will throw on some A050s... ready for next tassie adventure :ph34r:

Thanks Jad. It's got Elephant Racing adjustable goodies under it and lowering springs. I'll dig up the wheel specs for you later as they are perfection. It would be a fantastic Tassie car but alas it will never leave the land of the long white cloud...

Front 18 x 8.5 +40

Rear 18 x 10 +40 (yes same offset as front)

ER stuff

image001-L.png

IMG_8233-M.jpg

Thanks mate, I have exact same spec rears.

Fronts are slightly different at 18 x 8.0 +50. They might work depending on rubber sizes. What size rubber are you running front/back?

I just ordered that tyre combo, currently on softs all round. 

How do you rate it? 

Well it was a brilliant drive but I reckon the fronts eventually got too hot and that was with a cool ambient, no sun and a heap of wind. If I bought again I'd go mediums front and back, but that might also be the right ass in me coming out!

Well it was a brilliant drive but I reckon the fronts eventually got too hot and that was with a cool ambient, no sun and a heap of wind. If I bought again I'd go mediums front and back, but that might also be the right ass in me coming out!

interesting! It's the opposite for me generally speaking.. but that could be the mid engine-rear engine difference in weight 

interesting! It's the opposite for me generally speaking.. but that could be the mid engine-rear engine difference in weight 

You use softs on the rear of a GT3? How have you found them? I'd be concerned about wear rate and frying them, especially on a hot track which ain't that uncommon in Oz.

You use softs on the rear of a GT3? How have you found them? I'd be concerned about wear rate and frying them, especially on a hot track which ain't that uncommon in Oz.

Your concerns are true, below is a comparison of my fronts and rears. Looks like the rears expired about 1-2 track days earlier than the fronts, hence my move to go SOFT/MED combo. The new set I'm getting pre-scrubbed/heat treated. Ideally they will wear pretty consistently and they are supposed to be more consistent on the track, not faster nor slower apparently. I'll take .5* of camber off the rear too I think. 

Oh but when they are on, they're on! The car is super hooked up and doesn't have trouble putting down the power on exits, when they go, I noticed the lack of lateral grip more than anything.

Fronts: 

IMG_7329_zpsxrwya9fb.jpg

Rears: 

IMG_7264_zpsbyxy5nrh.jpg

Edited by edgy

IMG_8268-L.jpg

Boxster > Cayman GT4 B)

IMG_8269-L.jpg

Thanks mate, perfect!

I was wondering if the rears could go to 295 (originally thought to stick with 265), think the extra width would help based on last track day. I may test fit my front OZ wheels, but thinking they are too narrow and inset. Looks like I need to shop for another set of wheels...:D

Thanks mate, perfect!

I was wondering if the rears could go to 295 (originally thought to stick with 265), think the extra width would help based on last track day. I may test fit my front OZ wheels, but thinking they are too narrow and inset. Looks like I need to shop for another set of wheels...:D

295 on a 10 is big but it fits and looks fine and works well as far as I'm concerned. I don't reckon you need new wheels dude just a set of 16.35mm (or closest to it) spacers and your front offsets are the same as mine. Contact me if you need to figure this out but I don't think you need new wheels. And 235s are probably one size too large for 8" but I can't see it being an issue.