hugh

• Replies 143
  • Created
  • Last Reply

How tough do you want it?

Porsche-Boxster-38-1200x800.jpg

Here's the formula

boxster-diagram-2015spb.jpg

Steelies are being custom made so I got to be patient... But will have them and a set of track wheels/tyres for it.

I wanted the basic-ness of the 2.5.  Minimal interior, no side airbags - I'll likely do an RS style door card, no driver aids other than ABS.

The goal is make it handle very well, increase hp 10-15%, and lose some weight. 

Me thinks their's close to 25k -30k just in parts (guessing you would opt out for the single stage paint colour) if tinkerinig to that formula and buying new parts.  Add 5k-7k in labour if not wrenching yourself and if you say 15k for your 986 doner including on roads and  really decent major service, so  not that far off breakeven compared to your 996. 

Yep and there's a corner in there (0:44) that he takes at 195. How does a road car take a corner at 195..?

Just double the posted corner speed and add 10,if no sign assume 100 x2+10= 210, his tyres weren`t warm enough yet.

Damn that is moving. Doing those speeds (I saw the speedo hit 269!) on those crappy roads it crazy fast!

Nearly as quick as the bowral stage hey mate ;) 

Yep and there's a corner in there (0:44) that he takes at 195. How does a road car take a corner at 195..?

Those cars , dont really need driving till they let go, I am rank amateur and got one in a slide at probably 150-160+ admitedly on a track .. it just revved out and did a perfect little drift up through the gears Chris Harris style Mr Purple. I just had to hold it gently on the balance and fettle the throttle.  The man driving that car for sure has some Testicles, but I wonder and others who own these cars might share , how much you actually feel…..  Its playstation.

My ego would want one .. my driving would be supported by one .. but enagement factor … isnt that high in my books.

Happy to try recreate that vid , if anyone has one for a loan for the weekend

@DJM this should fix your car decision needs . Are you sure that you shouldnt just by a drift car? Even a Lambchop

Is saturday .. go buy a bloody car will ya or post the videos of your tyre kicking antics

Nearly as quick as the bowral stage hey mate ;) 

Those cars , dont really need driving till they let go, I am rank amateur and got one in a slide at probably 150-160+ admitedly on a track .. it just revved out and did a perfect little drift up through the gears Chris Harris style Mr Purple. I just had to hold it gently on the balance and fettle the throttle.  The man driving that car for sure has some Testicles, but I wonder and others who own these cars might share , how much you actually feel…..  Its playstation.

My ego would want one .. my driving would be supported by one .. but enagement factor … isnt that high in my books.

Happy to try recreate that vid , if anyone has one for a loan for the weekend

@DJM this should fix your car decision needs . Are you sure that you shouldnt just by a drift car? Even a Lambchop

Is saturday .. go buy a bloody car will ya or post the videos of your tyre kicking antics

Click bait title. Not Ken Block, and much tamer drifting. Not bad, but nowhere near the same level..

Just double the posted corner speed and add 10,if no sign assume 100 x2+10= 210, his tyres weren`t warm enough yet.

I think it is possible to count all the speed advisory signs in Tas using just your fingers so lots of tight corners without them. Maths works great when they are posted though.

Me thinks their's close to 25k -30k just in parts (guessing you would opt out for the single stage paint colour) if tinkerinig to that formula and buying new parts.  Add 5k-7k in labour if not wrenching yourself and if you say 15k for your 986 doner including on roads and  really decent major service, so  not that far off breakeven compared to your 996. 

But if I had the 996 I'd still want to do a bunch of stuff to it, and then I might as well buy a 996TT, but then I'd want to do a heap of mods to it, so I might as well buy a 996GT3, but then....

But in the end the pellet with the poison was in the flagon with the dragon. The chalice from the palace has the brew that is true!

No! They broke the chalice from the palace!  The vessel with the pestle has the brew that is true!

Many of us would have dragged one away form the lights when we hired it , tried to rally cross it across some foreign landscape, maybe done motorkhana in the carpark or a good patch of grass and attempted the land speed record on a autobahan or freeway in interstate city or foreign land.

I guess you like this dude just add Mild mods , Lambo colour

I have no more words.. lets face this is is fast enough. a diverse car fitting many a motoring moment

I give you Coooolrolla

corolla_zpszxibzd1h.jpg

I watched a brand new "out of the box" 991.1 GT3 RS chase some ex V8 super cars yesterday. Driver ability aside, lap times were very close and all within the 1.16 - 1.17 range (Sandown). 

For a car with air con and other mod con creature comforts that's bloody impressive. 

Many of us would have dragged one away form the lights when we hired it , tried to rally cross it across some foreign landscape, maybe done motorkhana in the carpark or a good patch of grass and attempted the land speed record on a autobahan or freeway in interstate city or foreign land.

I guess you like this dude just add Mild mods , Lambo colour

I have no more words.. lets face this is is fast enough. a diverse car fitting many a motoring moment

I give you Coooolrolla

corolla_zpszxibzd1h.jpg

where too much self esteem collided with too little taste

I watched a brand new "out of the box" 991.1 GT3 RS chase some ex V8 super cars yesterday. Driver ability aside, lap times were very close and all within the 1.16 - 1.17 range (Sandown). 

For a car with air con and other mod con creature comforts that's bloody impressive. 

V8s on slicks no doubt, how many seconds there alone...

And both of them had the mighty '88 Ford Laser bubbleback breathing down their neck!

*Disclaimer: It was not exactly "Out of the Box" - but neither is a V8 Supercar.

Archived