Hotrod to Outlaw

Lately I've been getting into Magnus Walker and his fleet of outlaw cars.... You-tubing. And the the outlaw 911 look is starting to appeal to me. You know, where one panel is a little different to the others.  See exhibit 1 below. So... Was thinking whether my gleaming glossy black hotrod could get a little more outlaw about him... 

Outlaw

This is me now... Was thinking something light, not too severe a change...just a satin black wrap on the bonnet maybe? Wadda you think? Don't touch a good look or yeah have a go? 

Me car

anyone with wrap experience? Does it come off easily? Does it cost much? Where in Melbourne do they do this? Any pros or cons to be aware of?

Bonnet wrap and rims are the easiest addition and easiest removed again Philbee, the wraps come off quite ok and just a bonnet is not too much cost... Different rims can always be sold again if you change again... great idea ...change is as good as a holiday! Well sort off...

Wrap isn't to expensive, depending what you want to wrap (whole car or half ect) few hundred if you pay someone. 

Bonnet you can probably do your self. Buy 3M 1080

I'd probably do matte black bonnet. 

Plasty dip your chrome head light rings black maybe? (as that comes off too) so you can spray it and if it looks crap you just peal of off. 

matte black mirrors 

There are no rules mate, so have a go and not care what anyone else thinks. If I did that everytime I listened to other Porsche owners, I'd have just another stock car that would bore the shit out of me. Probably why I don't tell many what I'm planning now ?? Matte hood will look good in my opinion, infact any matte decals against gloss black looks good. Just don't do it red, as most think mine is a tribute to Magnus Walker ?

I'd be starting with your wheels and suspension setup, that's what will create the look & attitude of the car and also will alter the driving dynamics (hopefully for the better). I wouldn't bother with the bonnet wrap. 

Its a really nice clean car, no need for cosmetics. Get it working and driving a little more aggressively and it will look meaner by default. 

Yep im with @Hugh or should I say Hughgy Bear thats his street outlaw name….  Get the Stance right.. I just wrapped the Hotrod , matt black , talk to @Fraz one of his mates did a great job for me at a very very fair price.  You might have to de-script also..

Or really just come to realise mate , its time for another car …. I mean lets get real here .. sort your stance out and get another one to strut in .. ;) 

I mean we havent heard you discuss garaging issues, hoists, if you're gonna be Tuff you need to have been round the block on these issues.  No scarf at the cars and coffee meets also mate.

2 hours ago, symsy said:

Yep im with @Hugh or should I say Hughgy Bear thats his street outlaw name….  Get the Stance right.. I just wrapped the Hotrod , matt black , talk to @Fraz one of his mates did a great job for me at a very very fair price.  You might have to de-script also..

Or really just come to realise mate , its time for another car …. I mean lets get real here .. sort your stance out and get another one to strut in .. ;) 

I mean we havent heard you discuss garaging issues, hoists, if you're gonna be Tuff you need to have been round the block on these issues.  No scarf at the cars and coffee meets also mate.

Tough car!

+1 on stance.

Don't slam the thing but it can just give the car a really purposeful look. And yes rims can be a great addition but choosing the right ones is critical. The bog standard ROH rims at your local Bob Jane aren't going to cut it. With the backdate maybe minilites or 1552 Outlaws?

The satin or matte bonnet may be quite subtle against your black paintwork. What about a stripe over the the bonnet, roof and decklid? 

How about

• black out the headlight rings
  • black out mirrors
  • remove coloured decals - maybe replace with matt black 'Carrera' script
  • RSR style wheels to break up the now all black look
  • Drop it slightly - but not heaps - it's still a road car - keep it pleasurable to drive

5 hours ago, Andy73 said:

+1 on stance.

Don't slam the thing but it can just give the car a really purposeful look. And yes rims can be a great addition but choosing the right ones is critical. The bog standard ROH rims at your local Bob Jane aren't going to cut it. With the backdate maybe minilites or 1552 Outlaws?

The satin or matte bonnet may be quite subtle against your black paintwork. What about a stripe over the the bonnet, roof and decklid? 

Augmented Wheels or Rotiform dude

8 minutes ago, GUT said:

How about

• black out the headlight rings
  • black out mirrors
  • remove coloured decals - maybe replace with matt black 'Carrera' script
  • RSR style wheels to break up the now all black look
  • Drop it slightly - but not heaps - it's still a road car - keep it pleasurable to drive

This sounds like a pretty nice treatment. Get it looking a bit like Jack Olsen’s car but with a matt black script. 

10 hours ago, symsy said:

Symsy, if I went "full" outlaw, I think that would exactly be my car! Looks the goods!

Boy, heaps of suggestions ... Thanks all!

I did say a " light" touch, not full outlaw but there's obviously a lot more to outlaw than just a matt bonnet. Food for thought... Maybe I should start with the dreadlocks... @StevepGT3 !!

21 hours ago, Timm said:

Different colored panels to me have always just reminded me of drift cars that have been crashed and have parts from other cars stuck on.

Exactly!

On 6/13/2018 at 8:33 AM, hugh said:

I'd be starting with your wheels and suspension setup, that's what will create the look & attitude of the car and also will alter the driving dynamics (hopefully for the better). I wouldn't bother with the bonnet wrap. 

Its a really nice clean car, no need for cosmetics. Get it working and driving a little more aggressively and it will look meaner by default. 

Wise words from Hugh, as usual. 

14 hours ago, symsy said:

Augmented Wheels or Rotiform dude

I'm yet to see a set of Rotiforms that fit properly :P

Archived