Final production images Taycan

Raven

I am in two minds about it ,,,,,one I do wish them success with this car and what ever the future holds for EV,s ,,"but" I have never been a fan of anything other than Porsche sports car range ,,,I just do not like the sedans and SUV ,s regardless of how good they are ,they just do not inspire or motivate me ...:)

20 hours ago, Harvs11 said:

Anyone want to take a stab at how much the front calipers weigh? 

Got 2000+ kgs to stop there. Can't go scootin' past the charging station now can we?

1 hour ago, TINGY996 said:

I want to know how much fossil fuel was burnt in the production of this car and all the other EV's around the world.

Now you know that's not actually what it's all about. 😃

• 2 weeks later...

Saw these “official” sketches which Porsche has released in an article today. They look quite close to the renders in this first post in places, although the proportions seem a bit better in the sketches.

Apparently it will be revealed in full Sept 4. The article said first year production is sold out, including orders from Australia... Anyone here getting one?

porsche-taycan-exterior-sketch-2019-014.

porsche-taycan-exterior-sketch-2019-017.

2 hours ago, JWM said:

Saw these “official” sketches which Porsche has released in an article day. They look quite close to the renders in this first post in places, although the proportions seem a bit better in the sketches.

Apparently it will be revealed in full Sept 4. The article said first year production is sold out, including orders from Australia... Anyone here getting one?

I've said I'll take one but nothing is on paper. I'm guessing dealers don't have allocations yet anywhere in the world so the "sold out" story is BS. But they WILL sell out - the interest has been huge. 

8 hours ago, mhh said:

I've said I'll take one but nothing is on paper. I'm guessing dealers don't have allocations yet anywhere in the world so the "sold out" story is BS. But they WILL sell out - the interest has been huge. 

Do you have any idea on pricing? I had read an article stating a starting price of $120K ... which seems ambitious to me. 

3 hours ago, edgy said:

Do you have any idea on pricing? I had read an article stating a starting price of $120K ... which seems ambitious to me. 

I’d love to know this too. I remember reading the same thing a while ago, but at the time I thought it must be a misinterpretation of someone at Porsche saying it would undercut the Model S and the journalist assuming that meant the base nodel, rather than the P100D price at the time... Performance wise that would be the competitor, although sounds like it may be smaller in size.

For $120k they’ll sell as many as they can make I’d think...

On 22/06/2019 at 16:25, TINGY996 said:

I want to know how much fossil fuel was burnt in the production of this car and all the other EV's around the world.

Enough to counter any savings during the life of the car...… (esp. the batteries!!)

1 hour ago, JWM said:

I’d love to know this too. I remember reading the same thing a while ago, but at the time I thought it must be a misinterpretation of someone at Porsche saying it would undercut the Model S and the journalist assuming that meant the base nodel, rather than the P100D price at the time... Performance wise that would be the competitor, although sounds like it may be smaller in size.

For $120k they’ll sell as many as they can make I’d think...

This is where I read it; https://www.ausbt.com.au/porsche-taycan-gets-australian-release-in-2020  Australian Business traveller isn't exactly known for its hardcore motoring journalism though... :lol:

I did read that this platform will go across the broader Volkswagen group... so maybe, just maybe the ability to spread their development costs across multiple vehicles could mean its remotely plausible for the base car to be $120k PLUS Options 😛 and that is where the wheels fall off the wagon usually... lol 

I am tempted to put an EOI in to get in the queue and see... no harm, no foul in doing so. 

1 hour ago, edgy said:

This is where I read it; https://www.ausbt.com.au/porsche-taycan-gets-australian-release-in-2020  Australian Business traveller isn't exactly known for its hardcore motoring journalism though... :lol:

I did read that this platform will go across the broader Volkswagen group... so maybe, just maybe the ability to spread their development costs across multiple vehicles could mean its remotely plausible for the base car to be $120k PLUS Options 😛 and that is where the wheels fall off the wagon usually... lol 

I am tempted to put an EOI in to get in the queue and see... no harm, no foul in doing so. 

Haha 😂

I found the article I read: https://www.motoring.com.au/porsche-taycan-confirmed-for-australia-115068/

It’s even less concrete on the price than I’d remembered though:

Porsche will not provide any indication on the price of the Taycan in Australia, but it’s expected to be priced below the Panamera (from $214,400) and in line with the Tesla Model S, which opens at about $125,000 for the most basic 75D variant and tops out at under $250,000 drive-away for the quicker, more powerful P100D flagship.

So how does putting in an EOI work?

@JWM on these new releases, it’s simply an EOI that puts you in the line to make your order once the specifications are confirmed, from there you will get an allocation if you chose to proceed. 

its a first come first serve kinda deal (unless you’re VIP I’m guessing) 

You can withdraw if you’re not happy with the specs and pricing on release... I did it with the Macan. It was only about $500 from memory. 

5 hours ago, LeeM said:

Shotgun first passenger ride at The Bend! 

Can we take something else? Please?

I reckon the sport turismo version will be the body shape to get. This variant improved the hell out of the look of the Panamera.

19 minutes ago, mhh said:

I reckon the sport turismo version will be the body shape to get. This variant improved the hell out of the look of the Panamera.

Are they going to be making Taycan in this body style? I know they did the Mission E Cross tourismo concept... A Taycan Wagon slammed on its guts like a Panamera Turismo would be slick 

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSqDih-xwkTHDgeWfesAj4

17 minutes ago, mhh said:

Can we take something else? Please?

S'pose the 2RS or McLaren will have to do then...😊

With regards to all of these EV's, are the charging points/receptacles all the same across all car marques? 

10 minutes ago, edgy said:

Are they going to be making Taycan in this body style? I know they did the Mission E Cross tourismo concept... A Taycan Wagon slammed on its guts like a Panamera Turismo would be slick 

I thought I saw somewhere that there would be a regular ST version ie, not the jacked up thing (that will also come). I’m at Goodwood tomorrow. I’ll ask.

6 minutes ago, LeeM said:

S'pose the 2RS or McLaren will have to do then...😊

With regards to all of these EV's, are the charging points/receptacles all the same across all car marques? 

Not sure about charging but we can expect a heap of infrastructure is about to hit. Tesla have a big head start though their Superchargers I found too slow for cross country work. An EV in the city though is unbeatable. Shockingly good. Get it? 😛