Lambos on the market

5 hours ago, sleazius said:

~$520k on the road + options

Not particularly cheap given the circumstances ($50k over what these are normally listed at - collectors only).

Not quite a Lambo - but starts with 'L'. Decent discount for a practically new car.

https://www.carsales.com.au/cars/details/2019-lotus-exige-sport-410-manual-my20/SSE-AD-6606729/?Cr=12

Make sure you fit....   I was all Gung Ho to buy a tarmac rally prep one of these. Deal was done and last piece of the puzzle was a test drive.  I’m 6’1” and my head was up between roll cage bars.  Could barely get in the thing.  Asked to borrow a helmet and then my head was firmly wedged into the roll cage, at an angle.  Barely driveable for me.  Shame for $100k would’ve been a good road reg track hack.  Bought the RX7 instead.  It was reasonably quick on road but a bit squeaky and creaky.  Too many tortional twists in Tassie had loosened the rivets and glue 😂

On 24/04/2020 at 12:37, FR290 said:

Rented a superleggera from the bull bar near lambo factory back in 2011. Drives like an absolute pig, but it was fun. Felt more like a muscle car than sports car and the e-gear kick is savage. 

Thats what makes them what they are. 

On 24/04/2020 at 09:22, edgy said:

The colour is spot on. Not too orange, not too washed out, it's just right.

And colour is worth kw. This is an extra 25kw over any other colour.

3 hours ago, jakroo said:

The colour is spot on. Not too orange, not too washed out, it's just right.

And colour is worth kw. This is an extra 25kw over any other colour.

That colour will also get you extra cred "wit da boyz" at the local Kebab shop... 

3 hours ago, edgy said:

That colour will also get you extra cred "wit da boyz" at the local Kebab shop... 

You can also claim best SL in the world as per the ad 👌🏻

This is a Lamborghini isn’t it?  It has turbos too.

68633c2d392742a74eddc3c64f5f7bc1.jpg?pxc_method=fitfill&pxc_width=480

https://www.carsales.com.au/cars/details/2015-McLaren-650S-Auto-MY15/OAG-AD-18664239

4 hours ago, DJM said:

You can also claim best SL in the world as per the ad 👌🏻

This is a Lamborghini isn’t it?  It has turbos too.

68633c2d392742a74eddc3c64f5f7bc1.jpg?pxc_method=fitfill&pxc_width=480

https://www.carsales.com.au/cars/details/2015-McLaren-650S-Auto-MY15/OAG-AD-18664239

https://www.carsales.com.au/cars/details/2015-McLaren-650S-Auto-MY15/SSE-AD-5973546?DistFromLoc=6015&pageSource=details&id=SSE-AD-5973546

This one gets you a decent exhaust and tune to reduce the lag a bit for a lazy 700 plus hp for effectively the same dollars.  

On 02/04/2020 at 15:43, sleazius said:

I thought the R8 was a wannabe Lambo? (For the record I want a R8 before anyone gets offended).

Did you buy the blue manual v10 R8 for 169k. ( lasted about 3 days last week).  As good as a lambo drive train wise and cheaper to maintain.

32 minutes ago, smit2100 said:

https://www.carsales.com.au/cars/details/2015-McLaren-650S-Auto-MY15/SSE-AD-5973546?DistFromLoc=6015&pageSource=details&id=SSE-AD-5973546

This one gets you a decent exhaust and tune to reduce the lag a bit for a lazy 700 plus hp for effectively the same dollars.  

Did you buy the blue manual v10 R8 for 169k. ( lasted about 3 days last week).  As good as a lambo drive train wise and cheaper to maintain.

Didn’t even see it. Did you note year and kms?

I definitely would have picked up the phone to ask a few questions.

On 28/04/2020 at 23:43, smit2100 said:

I've had my eye on that car for a while now. 

10 hours ago, Uncle said:

I've had my eye on that car for a while now. 

Is that why Carsales keeps telling me “interest is increasing” 😂

On 28/04/2020 at 23:19, sleazius said:

If I was going to risk a McLaren it’d be a 600LT in another 3 years.

I can’t figure out what’s a a 570 vs 600 vs 650 vs 720 vs what’s the other one MP something or other 

I’m a car guy from way back but they all look the same to me which is why I can’t get excited about them.

I have a mate with a couple of McLarens. It shits me that they have no door handles so when you close the doors from the outside you have to put your greasy fingers all over the paint work. 

4 minutes ago, MFX said:

I have a mate with a couple of McLarens. It shits me that they have no door handles so when you close the doors from the outside you have to put your greasy fingers all over the paint work. 

That’s it, I’m out 😂

ever thought about putting an Alfa 4 in one Jeff?

10 hours ago, DJM said:

I can’t figure out what’s a a 570 vs 600 vs 650 vs 720 vs what’s the other one MP something or other 

I’m a car guy from way back but they all look the same to me which is why I can’t get excited about them.

LOL Nah I've had it saved for a few months now. Thats just cars sales guff. 

I think I'll wait anotehr 7 weeks to see what falls out of the trees..

17 hours ago, smit2100 said:
20 hours ago, Uncle said:

What did your roving eye stumble upon? Perhaps a franchise owner  / hospitality business owner with a bit of a cash flow issue?  Does eye on that convert  to a low ball offer to test the GF sensitivity index?

I think there is a bit more free fall to come in the market yet. 

On 30/04/2020 at 04:47, DJM said:

I went to a cars and coffee and this guy pulls up in a brand new - and I mean delivered the day before- 6 something LT.  I’m excited about it and asking questions and he says ‘it’s an LT’ - and my response is - throw me a bone here, what’s that?  He says, not a little disappointed, it’s like a 911 GT3 but for mclarens.

Not sure who is in charge of model naming at Mclaren but I don’t see too many success stories there.

35 minutes ago, Coastr said:

I went to a cars and coffee and this guy pulls up in a brand new - and I mean delivered the day before- 6 something LT.  I’m excited about it and asking questions and he says ‘it’s an LT’ - and my response is - throw me a bone here, what’s that?  He says, not a little disappointed, it’s like a 911 GT3 but for mclarens.

Not sure who is in charge of model naming at Mclaren but I don’t see too many success stories there.

I am not 100% sure but I thought LT meant Long Tail with McLaren , I believe its origins carry over from the limited 96 McLaren F1 GTR cars and perhaps may go even further back to Cam Am racing days ..

To be honest I find it difficult to see the difference between an S and a LT and if you get on the McLaren web site you pretty much can spec the cars anyway you want ,it is not like the GT3 RS were you start off with a stripped down weight reduced car that is focused for the track with a light weight interior with limited comfort options and a track bias set up  ...McLaren do offer that option but there seems to be a lot of other options that can be added to it that kinda defeat the point of a track focused lightweight ...