Lambos on the market

On 30/04/2020 at 21:47, DJM said:

Is that why Carsales keeps telling me “interest is increasing” 😂

I can’t figure out what’s a a 570 vs 600 vs 650 vs 720 vs what’s the other one MP something or other 

I’m a car guy from way back but they all look the same to me which is why I can’t get excited about them.

Coming from a Porsche forum had a good laugh at that last comment...😂

In regards to the McLaren naming convention it’s similar to the way Mercedes and BMW used to use for their cars (with a few exceptions for MB like the 300sel 6.3 or 450sel 6.9) when the number reflected the size (in litres) of the motor (MB280 =2.8 ltr, 350=3.5ltr, etc), except in McLaren’s case it’s not a reference to engine size but the power it makes.

1 hour ago, LeeM said:

I had a sneak peek at this one coming on the market soon.

First one to be delivered to Australia and just received a lot of resto work. Expect the price numbers to have 1.3 at the beginning

20200502-103931.jpgupload pictures

Mmmm, wonder who that first owner was.  There was a green one in Launceston owned by a dodgy local accountant who later did time for ripping off his (landed gentry)  clients and sullying his family's name bigtime.  Wonder whether it was the same car, otherwise how many green cars came here?

@TwoHeadsTas One owner was Dr Jeff Edelstein, Eddelston (?) Whatever his name is...that doc with the pink Lambo and gawd knows what else who was always in on tv with his hot wife back in the 80's/90's. Was locally delivered here in SA by Chateau Moteur I think he said.

@3legs She'd tell me to buy it if it made me happy mate...if we had the it, though I would buy a few other cars with that sorta money 

Early Diablo that has been listed for a while, its owner is listed as being in WA, yet the car is in NZ.... early one is the one have, but I cannot imagine it being feasible to wear the import costs, mainly the taxes? Guess the $160k in taxes buys a lot of plane tickets to NZ for weekend drives? 

https://www.carsales.com.au/cars/details/1991-lamborghini-diablo-manual/SSE-AD-6525731/?Cr=0 

2 hours ago, edgy said:

Early Diablo that has been listed for a while, its owner is listed as being in WA, yet the car is in NZ.... early one is the one have, but I cannot imagine it being feasible to wear the import costs, mainly the taxes? Guess the $160k in taxes buys a lot of plane tickets to NZ for weekend drives? 

https://www.carsales.com.au/cars/details/1991-lamborghini-diablo-manual/SSE-AD-6525731/?Cr=0 

Wonder if the current owner could bring it back here?  Depends how it got to NZ in the first place. 

On 05/05/2020 at 06:41, LeeM said:

I had a sneak peek at this one coming on the market soon.

First one to be delivered to Australia and just received a lot of resto work. Expect the price numbers to have 1.3 at the beginning

20200502-103931.jpgupload pictures

Did you catch what year It was Lee?  I looked at a couple of very early Aussie Lambo before I bought the QV. 

might be the first Aussie example of that model or something???

29 minutes ago, OBRUT said:

Wonder if the current owner could bring it back here?  Depends how it got to NZ in the first place.

Good question... one I am not in a position to try and answer at the minute! :lol: 

Gated Murci is the value buy right now... I have noticed Curated are trying to buy all the ones they can find! 

59 minutes ago, OBRUT said:

Did you catch what year It was Lee?  I looked at a couple of very early Aussie Lambo before I bought the QV. 

might be the first Aussie example of that model or something???

No idea mate. Only what the sales guy at Richmonds told me

2 hours ago, edgy said:

Good question... one I am not in a position to try and answer at the minute! :lol: 

Gated Murci is the value buy right now... I have noticed Curated are trying to buy all the ones they can find! 

Brah - I found you a Murci, can’t find you another!

Noticed a black Lambo Murcielago on the back of a tow truck at Woodville Park this afternoon. Had black and gold custom plate but couldn't get a good look at the plate number.

2 hours ago, 3legs said:

Noticed a black Lambo Murcielago on the back of a tow truck at Woodville Park this afternoon. Had black and gold custom plate but couldn't get a good look at the plate number.

Might be 'Bull' Think that has got gold lettered plates. Well known car around here mate. Usually for the wrong reasons too 😄 Its always spotted in handicapped car parks and posted to the @shitadelaide Instagram page. I'm banned from there though 😄

3 hours ago, edgy said:

Also, 3 early gated manual Murci's currently listed, none in a colour I could live with :lol: 

I'd happily put up with the mid-life crisis jokes to own the red one!

6 hours ago, edgy said:

this 610-4 is down to $270 started above $300 iirc? 

https://www.carsales.com.au/cars/details/2015-lamborghini-huracan-lp610-4-auto-awd-my15/SSE-AD-5589992/?Cr=0 

Also, 3 early gated manual Murci's currently listed, none in a colour I could live with :lol: 

330 I think from memory.