GT4 Market watch!

1 hour ago, DS911 said:

If the general consensus is that a decent 981 is high 100's, where would that put the 718's?

There are currently 6 x 718's on Carsales ranging from $275,000 to $310,000.  There was also one sold on Collecting Cars in July this year for $226K:

https://collectingcars.com/for-sale/2022-porsche-718-cayman-gt4

I am asking because I am considering buying one, so am now doing my research on what I should be paying and where the values may end up in the next 3-5 years.

$226k + BP puts it about $238k all in, I think that is a good indication of where the market is at for a good spec, low km car. 

These were about that money from new, so I would have to think this is your absolute high tide mark...  

4 minutes ago, edgy said:

$226k + BP puts it about $238k all in, I think that is a good indication of where the market is at for a good spec, low km car. 

These were about that money from new, so I would have to think this is your absolute high tide mark...  

That was my thinking.  Looks like the sellers on Carsales might wait a while unless they adjust the pricing.

20 minutes ago, edgy said:

Don’t forget Vic’s stamp duty is a wee bit more!!

14 minutes ago, DS911 said:

That was my thinking.  Looks like the sellers on Carsales might wait a while unless they adjust the pricing.

Supply and demand- 981 less of them 718 more. Forum talk suggests some have gone from 981 to 718 and back to 981 for a few reasons- the feel- the vibe! 

Sure some want the newest but I think it’ll be a 997 to 991 comp- drivers want earlier cars, first timers want newest for their hard earnt. 

Grab a 981 I say. And better yet, test drive both then decide. 

A good watch on just the topic. 

3 minutes ago, Peter John said:

Supply and demand- 981 less of them 718 more. Forum talk suggests some have gone from 981 to 718 and back to 981 for a few reasons- the feel- the vibe! 

Sure some want the newest but I think it’ll be a 997 to 991 comp- drivers want earlier cars, first timers want newest for their hard earnt. 

If it were me, I'd probably wait until the end of the year. Interest rates are starting to bite, but you really want to wait until people start getting squeezed.

Starting to see more and more cars, boats, trailers and caravans in my area parked out the front of people's house with 'for sale' on them. That is something I haven't seen in the past 2 years that is for sure.

5 hours ago, Peter John said:

A good watch on just the topic. 

Thanks for these good points.  I'll settle in and watch the video!

• 6 months later...
12 hours ago, mej20 said:

Hi all - any info on GT4 selling prices in 2024?

I see that last year this forum's estimate was around $230k for a 982 and high-ones for a 981.  Recently this 982 was on carsales at $230k and went on hold pretty quickly:

2020-porsche-718-cayman-gt4-982-manual

From memory I think it was a Clubsport.

I was watching that one too, it went on hold after the price was reduced for the third time down to $230k

• 5 weeks later...

A seemingly well developed red 981 GT4, seems to have sold on Collecting Cars.

The car had around 35000 klms, and appears to have been worked on by well regarded Sydney repairers...

Its saying sold at a winning bid of $160420.

I know very litttle of the car specifically - but it appears to have been well bought, given the amount of work done on it. Did anyone on pfa purchase it?

JR

On 03/04/2024 at 16:42, reedminor said:

A seemingly well developed red 981 GT4, seems to have sold on Collecting Cars.

The car had around 35000 klms, and appears to have been worked on by well regarded Sydney repairers...

Its saying sold at a winning bid of $160420.

I know very litttle of the car specifically - but it appears to have been well bought, given the amount of work done on it. Did anyone on pfa purchase it?

JR

Prices finally coming back closer to where they were pre-covid. I remember seeing GT4's in the $140k range. Lot of car for that money.