GT4 Market watch!

On 20/03/2022 at 13:14, symsy said:

So im a GT4 rookie also , I thought it was Paint to Sample colour , anyway ,,. its great , love the look .

Enjoy it ..  it look different , I have always been a silver and white man , but it caught my eye.

Moneys cheap and 10k wont kill anyone , if thats what it is above the others ??  All I know is at the price differential compared to the private sellers I woulda bought your car .. and as you just got extra warranty even better .

I honestly have no idea what they are worth , I read on here 155 , I then saw cars at 170's in the past 6 months and then the market became dry and I saw a car poke above 200k and now they are what ??

I have seen my own expensive purchase from years ago 318>247>140> 80> 180 >325?now 400+.  just enjoy 

Just drive the hell out of it and when your bored sell it to me cheap .. cos im in the cheap end of that market 😉

Yeah that's PTS but guards red is an original colour.

Yes I'm just going to love the hell out of it! I'm not one for dwelling on the purchase price. I wanted it, I bought it.

Sorry I won't be selling it on :P

1 hour ago, edgy said:

This one moved down to $193k from $199k ... good spec, cheapest asking on market, but will it sell? @symsy got your best tire kickin' boots on? 😜 

https://www.carsales.com.au/cars/details/porsche-cayman-2016/sse-ad-12027598/?utm_campaign=price-alert&utm_source=notification-centre&utm_medium=browser-push-notification&csn_atid=c37051c4-2715-434d-a365-2911fc65dcb0 

"i'm possibly open to offers" language in the ad too. Impending Upgrade. Time to hit the phones! :Chuckle2:

---------------------------------------

As a side note , does anyone know how man CS GT4 were shipped and spread of colours ?  Can any one also point me to a list of what is perceived to be the must have options?

On 31/03/2022 at 09:50, symsy said:

---------------------------------------

As a side note , does anyone know how man CS GT4 were shipped and spread of colours ?  Can any one also point me to a list of what is perceived to be the must have options?

I've seen various figures for number of cars, they all fall between 200 and 250 units though.

Colours, can't help you there.

• 1 month later...

Did this market just die ?  Or is everyone just looking at wat happens if the nterest rates go up  or at  the newer cars or waiting for a GT4RS  , now the 2016 seems old ..  Not so far away from buying a 2021 next gen model with only approx a 40k-50k gap..  , which would you buy ??

https://www.carsales.com.au/cars/details/porsche-718-2021/oag-ad-20564287/?utm_campaign=interest-alert&utm_source=notification-centre&utm_medium=browser-push-notification&csn_atid=9ce3c3b0-c89b-43de-bb30-84ac86e5f510

3 hours ago, symsy said:

Did this market just die ?  Or is everyone just looking at wat happens if the nterest rates go up  or at  the newer cars or waiting for a GT4RS  , now the 2016 seems old ..  Not so far away from buying a 2021 next gen model with only approx a 40k-50k gap..  , which would you buy ??

Won't be buying anything - interest rates forecast to increase pretty much monthly till at least the middle of next year (finally). I'll be waiting till they start to bite.

3 hours ago, wirthO said:

what do you mean die? lots of 981 gt4's have sold in the last 4 weeks. mine included!

yes yours well priced,  perhaps  it was the nice seats and probably 10-20 under the magic 200 marker ..

You probably had the pick of the bunch , maybe the fizz has just gone out of the market overall.

There are 5x 981 Cayman GT4's listed on Carsales, none are CS spec. Asking prices range from $193k - $212k.

What are people's thoughts on the $ premium for CS vs non? (all other things being equal) 

From what I've heard non-CS have been changing hands at prices lower than these asking prices.  I would guess CS adds $10k or so which would mean you'd get one at the lower end of the asking spectrum currently on CarSales.

Overall most are predicting the upcoming economic environment will put downward pressure on cars in general. If this is true expect cars at this level to hang around for longer, as you'd expect there are less buyers in the market.

37 minutes ago, wilburforce said:

From what I've heard non-CS have been changing hands at prices lower than these asking prices.  I would guess CS adds $10k or so which would mean you'd get one at the lower end of the asking spectrum currently on CarSales.

Overall most are predicting the upcoming economic environment will put downward pressure on cars in general. If this is true expect cars at this level to hang around for longer, as you'd expect there are less buyers in the market.

These words sound like a GT4 buyer....

2 hours ago, wilburforce said:

Just like a worldwide pandemic was going to… 😂

I could do another GT4 but this time 918 seats and cage……or a post crash RS 😎 (market crash not a stack….😂)

15 minutes ago, DJM said:

Just like a worldwide pandemic was going to… 😂

I could do another GT4 but this time 918 seats and cage……or a post crash RS 😎 (market crash not a stack….😂)

Luckily Carrots are recession proof Doug!  Are you still in line for a 4RS?

2 hours ago, Peter John said:

These words sound like a GT4 buyer....

More room for my shopping than a GT3.  I'm stocking up on toilet paper and frozen peas again.

1 hour ago, wilburforce said:

Luckily Carrots are recession proof Doug!  Are you still in line for a 4RS?

More room for my shopping than a GT3.  I'm stocking up on toilet paper and frozen peas again.

Always with great foresight- clever cookie. 

It will be interesting to see what happens with prices coming up. It’s very hard to buy a new car regardless of the economic conditions, so I would expect the market to remain similar?!. I have been trying to get a rav4 hyrbrid as an a to b car for the family for over a year now. If you look at second hand market for them, they are listed in most cases 10k over RRP. Appears to be similar across most brands and they are all reporting massive delays in deliveries.

I’ve been in the car industry for 25 years and I’ve never seen the market like this. When the pandemic hit we all had to take some annual leave but within a few months it went crazy. I thought it would last 6, maybe 12 months and 2 years later it’s still off the charts.

Everything I read and am told from the manufacturer suggests that the stock shortages will last for another 2 years so it’s probably only if interest rates go up significantly or when the stock outlook improves dramatically that there will be a correction in the market. Oh and @wirthO we ordered our first Rav4 Hybrid when they were launched and waited 6 months for it and will probably be waiting 12 months for it's replacement that we ordered last year.

Yes ,It's a worry it's across the board nothing misses out, And the big problem is manufacturing is non existent these days we import every thing, A Bloke was saying  today that a container of his whatever would cost 3500 to bring in (container fee) , Now he is backed up for 6-8 months @15 k a container at the moment with no promise of delivery date or a fixed price on goods. 

Old Jo Blow gunna get in the arse again .