GT4 Market watch!

10 hours ago, JLD said:

They turned down $193k???? for $4k?

Yes that's what he told me and wouldn't entertain it! I've never dipped my toe in to this kind of expense and I expected a lot more wriggle room!

10 hours ago, symsy said:

Fuching W..kers  if thats the case .. only a mad salesman or a owner who dont wanna sell would do that   ! 1-2%   on a car which may have 10k of variability in its needs , detail , service , tyres , brakes , new wrap .. madness     

It's F'd up. The PPF is now a mess and needs some serious attention. The car was serviced in December but Porsche have to add a years warranty to the balance because they are selling it. The salesman quoted "95% good tyres" which basically means new I reckon and he had no logic for the number 95.

He said the owner used it for some 'enthusiast days' but it's looking more worn. 

Do all GT4 wheels suffer from rash from stones sucked to the rears? A friend in Scotland mentioned his did it.

I'd like to know what caused the indents in the plastic on the centre console.

On 18/02/2022 at 21:46, Lambchop said:

Found the car you’re referring to; it was more than likely caused by moving the harness to the side for street driving. I have one small dent from doing the same thing.

On 18/02/2022 at 21:46, Lambchop said:

Yes that's what he told me and wouldn't entertain it! I've never dipped my toe in to this kind of expense and I expected a lot more wriggle room!

It's F'd up. The PPF is now a mess and needs some serious attention. The car was serviced in December but Porsche have to add a years warranty to the balance because they are selling it. The salesman quoted "95% good tyres" which basically means new I reckon and he had no logic for the number 95.

He said the owner used it for some 'enthusiast days' but it's looking more worn. 

Do all GT4 wheels suffer from rash from stones sucked to the rears? A friend in Scotland mentioned his did it.

Yes mine has the same stone rash on the wheels. I have done 23,000km in mine and never been on a track......

• 4 weeks later...

The RED PTS Porsche Approved car sold ...   now that looked a peach  and maybe the most appealing car out there if you liked the colour/uniqueness , at the prices being asked.. was it not ?

Hard to knock that car ..  maybe the buyer didnt pay list , but shows the rest of these lessers cars are dreamin a bit ..

I can’t fathom people paying some of the asks. Eg low to mid 2’s for a 6 year old gt4s…..I think most of the advertised prices are just jokes. I’d never pay those prices for those cars and I honestly don’t think others will either. The moneys hard earned in most cases. 
 Time for vendors to get realistic. I also note the very steady climb in numbers of Porsche cars - second hand - for sale…..

I reckon the Porsche second hand market ‘bubble’ is already deflating.  Not with a pop but a whistle. 
💰🧐

52 minutes ago, mc968cs said:

I can’t fathom people paying some of the asks. Eg low to mid 2’s for a 6 year old gt4s…..I think most of the advertised prices are just jokes. I’d never pay those prices for those cars and I honestly don’t think others will either. The moneys hard earned in most cases. 
 Time for vendors to get realistic. I also note the very steady climb in numbers of Porsche cars - second hand - for sale…..

I reckon the Porsche second hand market ‘bubble’ is already deflating.  Not with a pop but a whistle. 
💰🧐

Same, it's a bit odd.  A current model is 230-250 ish?  

Though Porsche has just announced that the next model 718 in 2025 is full EV - I suspect it'll keep up prices of the last of the GT cars (GT4/Spyder) long term,  supply chain delays probably wont help too much for those with orders in the queue.  

15 hours ago, symsy said:

The RED PTS Porsche Approved car sold ...   now that looked a peach  and maybe the most appealing car out there if you liked the colour/uniqueness , at the prices being asked.. was it not ?

Hard to knock that car ..  maybe the buyer didnt pay list , but shows the rest of these lessers cars are dreamin a bit ..

The red car is mine, I paid the deposit yesterday. I've followed prices and other cars and this was the one for me. They weren't keen to move much on price but i got a little off and an extra years warranty and I've asked for the Porsche lettering to be put on the rear. The car by all accounts is absolutely immaculate bar a scuffed front splitter and they are replacing it for me too.

What do you mean by PTS? Just the seats? I'm new to this world but PTS to me is the paint which was standard guards red? Excuse that if it's a silly Q.

By uniqueness I assume you mean the seats pattern. Would I choose them? Probably not but I do quite like them!

14 hours ago, sleazius said:

Was that the one at Parra? I saw one there today that was sold. It was at 214k or 216k on the sales sheet.

Were you in there? I hope it's as good in the flesh as the description and million photos.

2 hours ago, 1q2w3e4r said:

Same, it's a bit odd.  A current model is 230-250 ish?  

Though Porsche has just announced that the next model 718 in 2025 is full EV - I suspect it'll keep up prices of the last of the GT cars (GT4/Spyder) long term,  supply chain delays probably wont help too much for those with orders in the queue.  

It's perhaps odd but I've said F it I want the older model and suspect that it'll do alright long term as the original Cayman GT4. I toyed with a new one but Porsche told me the factory shut last week or the week before due to parts that come out of Ukraine.

Does anyone happen to know the car? It was traded in to Ferrari Brisbane. Had 3 services at Porsche Brisbane then last 2 in Melboure, all the same owner. The recent rego was GT498I (I not 1).

Now the 5 week wait to collect it due to work commitments. Aaarrrggghhh.

3 hours ago, mc968cs said:

I can’t fathom people paying some of the asks. Eg low to mid 2’s for a 6 year old gt4s…..I think most of the advertised prices are just jokes.

Agreed, yet people are probably still paying it

I’d never pay those prices for those cars and I honestly don’t think others will either. The moneys hard earned in most cases. 

But they are

They won't.

There's probably a reason with the numbers increasing...Sellers have over spent, and/or in too much debt to justify their exorbitant toy purchases, or just in the shit financially. Or they've just had enough of it.

3 hours ago, mc968cs said:

💰🧐

Yet we still see ridiculous prices of everything from air cooled to 992 GT3's. The bubble may deflate a bit, yet when owners think it's worth XYZ because of its rarity etc, there won't be a dramatic drop 

Yeah agree with many comments above and currently selling my gt4.. unfortunately I also am looking to replace  it with a new GT car and will pay the same "tax" due to the times we are in. You sell and buy things at the market price. If the market price was lower I would sell it lower, but when you need to pay rrp to get a gt3 911.2 or 100k over RRP for a 992 you want to try an ensure you cover the delta.

5 hours ago, Lambchop said:

Were you in there? I hope it's as good in the flesh as the description and million photos.

Yeah, I was in the area for work and popped in. I didn't have a great look at it to be honest. It looked in good nick, and the sold sign made me keep my distance.

I will admit I was taken aback by the ask though!

5 minutes ago, sleazius said:

Yeah, I was in the area for work and popped in. I didn't have a great look at it to be honest. It looked in good nick, and the sold sign made me keep my distance.

I will admit I was taken aback by the ask though!

No worries, thought I'd ask! I can't wait to see it outside in the light.

Yeah it's a keen ask but I guess they have to try!

4 minutes ago, Lambchop said:

No worries, thought I'd ask! I can't wait to see it outside in the light.

Yeah it's a keen ask but I guess they have to try!

Just realised it is inadvertently in the back of the only photo I took. Frozen blue was a colour I'd wanted to see for a while.

20220318_102500.jpg

On 19/03/2022 at 10:56, Lambchop said:

The red car is mine, I paid the deposit yesterday. I've followed prices and other cars and this was the one for me. They weren't keen to move much on price but i got a little off and an extra years warranty and I've asked for the Porsche lettering to be put on the rear. The car by all accounts is absolutely immaculate bar a scuffed front splitter and they are replacing it for me too.

What do you mean by PTS? Just the seats? I'm new to this world but PTS to me is the paint which was standard guards red? Excuse that if it's a silly Q.

By uniqueness I assume you mean the seats pattern. Would I choose them? Probably not but I do quite like them!

It's perhaps odd but I've said F it I want the older model and suspect that it'll do alright long term as the original Cayman GT4. I toyed with a new one but Porsche told me the factory shut last week or the week before due to parts that come out of Ukraine.

Does anyone happen to know the car? It was traded in to Ferrari Brisbane. Had 3 services at Porsche Brisbane then last 2 in Melboure, all the same owner. The recent rego was GT498I (I not 1).

Now the 5 week wait to collect it due to work commitments. Aaarrrggghhh.

So im a GT4 rookie also , I thought it was Paint to Sample colour , anyway ,,. its great , love the look .

Enjoy it ..  it look different , I have always been a silver and white man , but it caught my eye.

Moneys cheap and 10k wont kill anyone , if thats what it is above the others ??  All I know is at the price differential compared to the private sellers I woulda bought your car .. and as you just got extra warranty even better .

I honestly have no idea what they are worth , I read on here 155 , I then saw cars at 170's in the past 6 months and then the market became dry and I saw a car poke above 200k and now they are what ??

I have seen my own expensive purchase from years ago 318>247>140> 80> 180 >325?now 400+.  just enjoy 

Just drive the hell out of it and when your bored sell it to me cheap .. cos im in the cheap end of that market 😉