GT4 Market watch!

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...

Yep, noticed the AutoHause GT4 went yesterday.

It seems the 'going rate' is around the $220 mark with Lorbek and other Porsche Centres

I'm liking the spec of the Classic Throttle Shop one and they just dropped it $10K. Guessing that won't last much longer....

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
On 03/09/2021 at 10:19, cafe_racer said:

https://chrometemple.com/product/2016-porsche-981-cayman-gt4-manual-low-km/

Shows where the actual 981 gt4 market is at.  Cars currently up on carsales a fair bit off this mark.

I just heard back from Chrome Temple and the reserve was $155,000 and it has been sold for $150,000. This indicates that old mates blue GT4 that has been on and off Carsales for over a year is way over priced.

1 hour ago, Yeatesy said:

I just heard back from Chrome Temple and the reserve was $155,000 and it has been sold for $150,000. This indicates that old mates blue GT4 that has been on and off Carsales for over a year is way over priced.

Thats a lot of car for 150k ;) Bloody want factor is Big !

• 2 months later...

So after 590 days on Carsales it’s now for sale at a dealership for $16,000 less. 

It’s done 59,000km and based on other GT4’s that have sold with significantly lower km’s I think even $163,000 is a bit steep.

https://www.carsales.com.au/cars/details/2015-porsche-cayman-gt4-981-manual-my16/OAG-AD-20289716

• 2 weeks later...
On 06/11/2021 at 16:09, Yeatesy said:

So after 590 days on Carsales it’s now for sale at a dealership for $16,000 less. 

It’s done 59,000km and based on other GT4’s that have sold with significantly lower km’s I think even $163,000 is a bit steep.

https://www.carsales.com.au/cars/details/2015-porsche-cayman-gt4-981-manual-my16/OAG-AD-20289716

Seems to of Sold finally though. 

• 2 weeks later...
9 minutes ago, PorschePete said:

Hi all,

I'm a newbie to the forum and starting to potentially plan for a 718 GT4.

Just wanting to hear feedback/experiences on waiting times for new orders for manual or PDK?

thanks!

I think its circa 9 months, keen to understand from others who've placed orders recently.

I would suspect if you are after one you probably shouldn't wait too long, with the GT4RS coming there's likely to be a cut off at some point in 2022 on production of the GT4 & Spyder.

2 minutes ago, 1q2w3e4r said:

I think its circa 9 months, keen to understand from others who've placed orders recently.

I would suspect if you are after one you probably shouldn't wait too long, with the GT4RS coming there's likely to be a cut off at some point in 2022 on production of the GT4 & Spyder.

ah ok - I hadn't considered there could be a cut off on standard GT4 due to GT4RS. 

thanks

• 3 weeks later...
On 26/11/2021 at 12:53, PorschePete said:

Hi all,

I'm a newbie to the forum and starting to potentially plan for a 718 GT4.

Just wanting to hear feedback/experiences on waiting times for new orders for manual or PDK?

thanks!

If you want playstation and will track PDK .. if you wanna drive .. manual .. its quite simple..  Manual = Input and joy , PDK .. Punch Out Laps and or sit in the traffic .. PDK is amazing tech and improves my driving no end in terms of timings and yes you can Latte , but plain and simple , be it driving to get latte or ice cream ... Manual simply more engaging and isnt that what sports car are all about..

Both are beyond mosts capacity to drive and will potentially cause sweaty palms, underpant risky moments and give your wallet a work out.