GT4 Market watch!

2 hours ago, sleazius said:

And the turbo lag for which they are notorious.

You can chuck $20k at the aforementioned Lotus to get to 450 / tonne if you really want I spose. SimplySportsCars will be more than happy to take your money. Just a dirty comparison to this franken-porsche option.

Yeah just doing a second dirty comparison myself.   But is it that thard to minimise lag  on most factory bi turbo's?.  Just have to take the plunge and select wisely based on my experience.  .  Eg remove majority lag  on a budget on a  mp4 12c  = starts with  hjs race cats setup  and a carefully selected  tune.  Go for a bit more  insta boost  and up the $, .  there is a  purely bolt on   hyper kit  for usd 20k (headline price)  that sorts that lag out. ( they don't discriminate ( mp4 12c, 570, 650s)  and  unintended consequence is another circa 150chp per tonne.) 

+1 on the front running Franken-porsche option.  I'm pencil whipping  25k engine mods +  16k core donor engine plus 3k clutch plus 5k gears /box plus 5 k exhaust + 3k ancillary parts + 1.5k tune   plus 1.5k freight) x 1.5 ( fx and duties) and your got circa 3 pallets .   Then if your not wrenching, circa  $150 hrly rate adds up quick.   Even allowing for the 30% tax  deduction for a  custom made 600 chp site dewatering pump, big bucks to add to a  repaired WOVR  gt4.  Whats next again coin wise after now having the drivetrain ready to bolt up? Seat, cage, harness, suspension, brakes.   Past $ 200k?

Perhaps let Charlie K and Warrick be pioneering and lowball them after there got theirs all sorted as  one might  want to bail out early having ticked the box.   

A cheap GT4 with cage, seats, a few suspension bits, exhaust and intake mods would be cheap enough and good fun.  

Let someone else do the DeMan thing and see what the end cost is.

2 hours ago, DJM said:

A cheap GT4 with cage, seats, a few suspension bits, exhaust and intake mods would be cheap enough and good fun.  

Yeah for sure, from what I’ve seen they are serious contenders when you put the time into setup! 

there is currently 4 on the market at $150k~ asking price... ALL non CS though 

2 hours ago, DJM said:

We all know it would stop right there..............for about 5 min and then you'd want it to shoot flames! 

9 hours ago, DJM said:

One in QLD with an Akrapovic already for ~$150k, it’s part way there. 

On 26/04/2020 at 17:11, Mike-S said:

One in QLD with an Akrapovic already for ~$150k, it’s part way there. 

I went to the dealer today to have a look. Seems to have had first service at 16km in Melbourne and then one more service at 19km or so in Sydney.  Drill holes everywhere in the rear bar license plate area.  Needs new tyres too with evidence of being tracked and brake discs are at least 50% gone. Couple stone chips in both front panels and bonnet.

Still, looks clean, so I asked if I could take it out for a test drive. Nope- with dealer plates I need to have a dealer next to me. But the salesguy then asked what I want to offer for the car....   Ahhhh, think I will wait to take it for a drive first was my reply.  Will be a good buy on the flip side of isolation

• 8 months later...
7 hours ago, cafe_racer said:

The cheapie has been sitting a while probably because it’s modified with the  Fabspeed GT450 kit which offers 400hp at the wheels (US$8.3k plus install).  I assume most buyers prefer factory original so offer him $140k, throw in a $2k AGI half cage and a race seat/harness and it’d be a pretty good (& cheap for a Porsche with that performance) track car and weekender.  

https://www.agi-precision.com.au/product-category/roll-cages/cams-roll-cages/bolt-in/porsche/cayman-gt4/

https://freedparts.com/products/porsche-cayman-gt4-fabspeed-gt450-race-performance-package

2 hours ago, DJM said:

The cheapie has been sitting a while probably because it’s modified with the  Fabspeed GT450 kit which offers 400hp at the wheels (US$8.3k plus install).  I assume most buyers prefer factory original so offer him $140k, throw in a $2k AGI half cage and a race seat/harness and it’d be a pretty good (& cheap for a Porsche with that performance) track car and weekender.  

https://www.agi-precision.com.au/product-category/roll-cages/cams-roll-cages/bolt-in/porsche/cayman-gt4/

https://freedparts.com/products/porsche-cayman-gt4-fabspeed-gt450-race-performance-package

I was having a look at this, the fabspeed kit is easily reversible back to stock...Maybe it's the k's on the clock, GT cars price seems to be swayed by k's more than any other porsche.

Also the ad blurb of "Priced to sell, too many cars not enough garage space. Need funds for house deposit."

Pick one mate, may as well have thrown in a new baby as a reason for selling too to ensure all bases covered.

• 2 weeks later...
On 10/04/2020 at 18:27, Peter M said:

Whilst not a GT4, it's a great vid that's worth a re -look:

Yes I know it's not a GT4 but I bought a current model 718 Cayman S for the reasons Jim outlined and the fact that it is well under $150K and accelerates faster than a GT4 (FastestLaps.com). This is  before any mods like low cost boost upgrade, the GT4 is quicker on the same track due to the wider rubber.

So if you can't wait - GET SOME ! 🙃

$140k including buyers commission..... before on road costs

Seems about right for a car that needs new tyres, and possible other consumables.

If it was sitting on carsales asking $154k for ages, then how optimistic can the seller be?