GT4 Market watch!

4 minutes ago, TwoHeadsTas said:

I think they had $189 on it????  No longer listed, must have sold but I haven't heard anything on the grapevine down here about it.....

Yes I think that’s what it was advertised for and seemed to sell pretty quickly 

13 hours ago, cafe_racer said:

$155 seems to be a common theme here.  There are some with marked higher carsales prices which get sold. But who know what cash actually trades hands on those examples. 

That seems to be where transactions actually occur it seems.

I presume that as gt4Rs gets closer more of these will come onto the market and prices will need to adjust accordingly?

19 minutes ago, Yeatesy said:

100% hence why they aren’t 150k 😆

But are they selling for much above that? Cars priced in the 190’”s or low 2’s seem to remain for sale for long periods of time and or are removed from sale. 

I can only assume the market or punters like you and I have decided to watch and wait?

Agreed they are very good buying at 150k, but down through the ages various models have been the bargain of the century. Be they Carrera2.7s , Carrera 3.0, 3 litre Turbos,  series 1 996 Gt3’s ….. etc etc etc

The current market is an interesting one to ponder.

Older and more collectable stuff, who knows what will happen.

Something like the GT4, pretty new, not “classic” but seems like it’s caught up in this dynamic of poor new car supply driving used prices is strange to me.

If I urgently needed a daily driver, I can see how you just have to pay the ask, a GT4 is going to be a weekender that sits in the garage 99% of the time, so I don’t feel the need to urgently acquire one at a 25%+ markup to pre-COVID prices when I have no doubt they’ll be back there and lower, at some point …

If I was looking at something a bit rarer and it’s a case of having to jump on it because they don’t come up often is another story but they made plenty of these so I’m happy to sit on the sidelines and wait. 

Good on those who can sell into such a strong market though and enjoy, what, 10% depreciation after having owned one for five years? Very nice. 

35 minutes ago, Prodigy said:

Went and looked at this today, wish it was 155k, would no longer be for sale. 😁

What did you think, other than the price?

2 hours ago, Yeatesy said:

It sounds like we all agree here, I look forward to us all getting a bargain GT4 in the future however I see this as being a long time away. 

Usually once I’ve convinced myself of the logical thing to do … I go do the opposite … so who knows 😅

4 hours ago, reedminor said:

I presume that as gt4Rs gets closer more of these will come onto the market and prices will need to adjust accordingly?

Poverty pack GT4 RS is over 300k. Even the very lightly spec’d one I wanted to do (PCCB + lift + Shark) was 350k. The WP cars will all be the 400+- range.  Honestly can’t see the RS having any bearing on the price of these as a result. Volume might make a difference but the majority of $200k buyers jumping up to $400k seems really unlikely to me.

I agree - Poverty pack GT4RS is more like $326K drive away in NSW - few options to make it liveable (Axle Lift, Red belts, LED headlights make it around $340K d/a - and thats with no cool colour or any nice deviated stuff or PCCB - My spec was almost $365K - WTAF!!!!!!😯

A crazy Spec or WP surely cant effect the "normal" gt4? Can it? Really?? so in this case a Povo pack GT4Rs is more than 2 x a GT4? 

Or are we bout the see the delta shrink and prices go up?

I dunno - the crazy prices this market is bringing......

1 hour ago, JWM said:

What did you think, other than the price?

Usually once I’ve convinced myself of the logical thing to do … I go do the opposite … so who knows 😅

Was very nice, loved the bucket seats, only had a quick look but if i could afford it I'd buy it. Lol

2 hours ago, Yeatesy said:

Couldn’t get him to drop 25k of his hard earned 😆

This was the one at the dealership for 200k, would be a 45k drop lol

2 minutes ago, Prodigy said:

Was very nice, loved the bucket seats, only had a quick look but if i could afford it I'd buy it. Lol

This was the one at the dealership for 200k, would be a 45k drop lol

Opps yeah that's not gonna happen

Rookie questions still unanswered ... is the CS still a premium 

As ALI G would say dont be hard on me ,  is it because I is dumb or I is black ?

First new question and its a complicated one .. whats the vote on the best colour . I like white.. cos I dont wanna polish out the swirls ;) 

Next  question ..  Whats the must have options .. how much does that warrant above the 155k .. 

Old question perhaps  ... What was the wrap up with the broken cars around the strut towers? and the gearboxes?

LASTLY - Let me swear question.. why do folks bring major boredom and annoy the Fuching pants of people on GT3's 997 in particular with the  over revs discussion  but it seems less of a topic on GT4's, is it because they are under Warranty ;) 

I'm a rookie - let me 'ave a go!

1. Premium ? Dunno the split - but its a NCO on the new RS.
  2. Prefer not to say .... :)
  3. Personal preference is my guess. But like em all coloured up now - used to All Black Everything. PTS prob still a premium?
  4. NFI - See answer 5?
  5. BIG W is the only way to fly! Also those old shitty Mezger is just unreliable and well, old, unproven. the 9A1 has never had any issues.....