New car day

WOKA

New car day for me doesn't come around often enough, but its pretty cool when it does.  

So have been trawling for an AC for a while after flip-flopping over when to get.  Replace the 996 with something more upspec or just get an air cooled car in addition.  When a GT3 that I was really hopeful on fell through because the seller simply couldn't let it go, I figured my pov spec 6.1 manual was plenty of fun for me, so why not get something a little more leisurely.  So I did.

Bought sight unseen from the Victoria and unable to get a ppi because of lock down limitations / essential travel etc..  So I just based my purchase on the word of the seller and a few low res pics that he sent through.  A bit of a gamble but it felt right.  I think in hindsight I likely would have balked at the purchase if PPI'd because it is dropping a bit of oil and maybe the gearbox isn't shifting as well as it might.  I'm glad I didn't, the car is great - love it.!  Its pretty much exactly where I would have hoped it to be.  Body is really neat and very dry and straight, no rust, looks like the panels haven't been off, just a good honest and solid car.  Pulls strongly with a great exhaust note.  Tidy interior.  Car arrived yesterday at 9, was rego'd and plated by lunch time.

Lucky for me, Mike D'Silva lives literally just over the hill so I'll definitely be calling on his services to seal this thing up and do what ever needs doing in that department..  He's a great bloke and resource, so am looking forward to getting stuck into this thing with his help.

'76 model with a 3.0l SC motor / 5 Speed / Non Sunroof

APBxVKc.jpg

5qOWzXf.jpg

pcCnz6R.jpg

r6YQIIy.jpg

4DdalOo.jpg

18 hours ago, luzzo said:

Do share @Merv.

We all love to goss about GT3prices  😉

That's my car that sold this week luzzo.

I didn't advertise nationally - apart from passing the word round at the local coffee get together we have on the Sunshine Coast every week. First guy who came to look at it bought it without even driving the car.

I think both parties are happy with the outcome, although I have a big problem in what I replace it with....

He got an outstanding car.  I wish I had more space.  On the 'what's next' front: We will help you Stephen!  There is a hidden 'enabler' in all of us. Maybe an early G series car like the lovely 3.0L one WOKA picked up?

2 hours ago, Stephen Tinker said:

That's my car that sold this week luzzo.

Great news @Stephen Tinker.  Well, I hope?

I know you have mentioned selling it over the last few months, so you couldn't want for a transaction to go through any easier than that. 

Replacing it..?  Well, that ain't going to be easy.

Pretty much my dream 911 configuration. Hope to see it at Cars and Coffee on Saturday (at Taigum)

On 15/09/2020 at 20:52, Peter M said:

Wonderful!  Looking forward to the next run up the Oxley.

i'm keen for this when things have calmed down a bit. Maybe check out the new speed restrictions on the Walcha - Wauchope road.