Where did you drive your Porsche today?

Airhead

Early start 7 am (ok early for me) took Davet for a spin out through Warburton thru the Reefton Spur to Marysville.

Have they recently resurfaced the road?

Great run thru the spur the road felt really grippy.

Which was excellent as after my last spirited drive the car was slipping all over the shop and I thought my tyres maybe going off.

I think Mark (9fan) was correct with the suggestion that it may have been due to tyre pressure and the hot weather.

Today handling and huge amounts of fun were restored.

Now I need to break out the Karcher and clean of the bugs.  

Oh and the feathers stuck under my number plate from a lethargic Liar bird that got a bit of a surprise   :ph34r:

Finally back in Sydney for a couple of weeks after 6 weeks of flitting around the globe. Drive the kids to school, then headed into the city only to have that utterly ruined by a truck breakdown on the Cahill expressway. It was an hour and a half in the 993, but it was the least pleasant amount of time I've spent in it thus far! Mind you the sound of the new exhaust when I was exiting the Opera House carpark this afternoon was a joy!

• 2 weeks later...

Wootton Way, Bulahdelah

Still learning my way around a Tip but find a shift into "3" (if I'm not there already!), WOT and enough pressure on the accelerator to trip the detent switch OR some rapid throttle angle changes activates the sports map that lets you keep the motor above 4000rpm and smack in the power band. Not for shrinking violets though! So impressive and intuitive that I wasn't even tempted to manually shift. I'm also continually surprised how tight the convertor lockup is with no sense of slop at all.

It's probably a pity that many only experience the "comfort" map that wouldn't scare your grandma and never get a hint how capable these are. Maybe Porsche's greatest secret?

RIMG0056_zps88e34ec2.jpg

RIMG0050_zps92e93731.jpg

Driving back home I thought I could easily keep this car for the rest of my life.

Took mine up to Woolies. Got the essentials for friends over to lunch: cheese, bread, crackers, dips, and a half dozens of the vino.

Place it all strategically on the passenger seat and passenger footwell.

Then on the way home there was a clear shot at a green arrow about to go orange - who can possibly resist! Second gear symphony for about 80m, then brake hard into the turn.

The groceries I had temporarily forgotten about fly everywhere.

The camembert cheese gets squashed under the brake pedal, and the St Hallets Shiraz gets wedged under the clutch.

I'm just glad it wasn't the other way around.

I was looking for a gif that suitably covered panic and came up with this... :P

o020L86.gif

Took mine up to Woolies. Got the essentials for friends over to lunch: cheese, bread, crackers, dips, and a half dozens of the vino.

Place it all strategically on the passenger seat and passenger footwell.

Then on the way home there was a clear shot at a green arrow about to go orange - who can possibly resist! Second gear symphony for about 80m, then brake hard into the turn.

The groceries I had temporarily forgotten about fly everywhere.

The camembert cheese gets squashed under the brake pedal, and the St Hallets Shiraz gets wedged under the clutch.

I'm just glad it wasn't the other way around.

When I test drove that car...

You would be amazed by the difference that inflating the tyres, rectifying that annoying play in the steering and completing 19 other little jobs have done to it!

Actually I owe you a drive if you are ever up this way as it was your comments early last year that led to me circling it for 9 months and then ultimately buying it.

Thanks again! :-)

Cruised down to Phillip Island in the 996 where we did some driver training work with novices at the MSCA come & try day.

I got to instruct 2 guys in an old Renault.

SWLTDF got to instruct 2 guys in 2 different Porsches!

How does that work?? She must have paid someone!

Good cruise home with the roof down except for the P plater in a Suzuki S... box that wanted to hog the right lane then tailgate me cause he didn't like the look of me.

well finally got to my pc at work after a five day break at a lovely kid free resort in bewong (Jervis Bay)

headed off last Thursday after restricting my SO packing we almost had the kitchen sink strapped to the rear, lovely spirited drive ( for me not so much for the passenger apparently by the screams I heard) through the Royal National Park towards Wollongong and then down the coast to Jervis Bay.

managed to do some wet weather dirt rally driving in the poor Boxster through Jervis Bay National Park which is owned by Canberra another excuse to charge me $11

after a relaxing few days we headed home via Kangaroo Valley, Robertson, Kangaloon and Camden

Really great drives without the weekend traffic on these roads.

Thanks T.

Really enjoying the Hinterland which has some great views and some even greater potholes.

Engine has better response and feels tighter. Better noise..still has quite an oily smell which I want to solve one day. So far I used "Activated Carbon" from a pet store to absorb the interior and luggage compartment odour. It works well...no smell inside car now until engine fires up, then the old burnt oil smell.