Where did you drive your Porsche today?

Airhead

I was going to say. Seems like every other model since the 911 'saved Porsche'.

Thanks 924.

Thanks boxster.

Thanks cayenne.

Thanks macan?

Perhaps good management 'saved' Porsche!

Beg to differ a tad. :mellow:    

If it wasn't for the humble Box :) you wouldn't be thanking the Cayenne or the Macan.  

We wouldn't have got that far.

Also a bit early to praise the Macan yet but the Cayenne, they are everywhere and deserve some credit.

The good management came in when they decided to introduce the Boxster to the dying marque :D .

The rest is history...

I rest my case your worship!

I drove my car to work (yesterday) why is it when I drive the 911-:

everyone wants to race

everyone stops 1 inch behind me at the lights

everyone has to merge in front of me (even though there is no one behind me)

everyone tailgates me (I cant go any faster there are cars in front of me)

I am always super courteous in this car, so as not to perpetuate the W*&NK%R

stereotype we seem to have.

Hardly any of this happens when I drive the mass produced buzz box.(which I drive much more aggressively)

Maybe it should be over in the vent POST.

everyone wants to race

Happens in my 911 all the time.

Nobody tailgates my 928 , or indeed seeks to destroy.

The 924 putters around on rails , anonymously - as it is debadged and rare.

The 944 gets mobbed by girls everywhere. Some of them have shaved legs yet wear beards. The world's gone a bit strange.

everyone wants to race

Hardly any of this happens when I drive the mass produced buzz box.(which I drive much more aggressively)

hah, I drove my car to work that day too! and yes, all those things happened to me (as well as closing up any gap that existed to let me merge!)

everyone wants to race

Probably should be in the vents but ......you should try going for a drive in a yellow Boxster, it seems to be the natural enemy of everyone who drives a V8 ute.

Interesting article... :(  I like the last line.  

After all that he bought a mini.

Pretty good comparison though I must admit.  

And bang for your buck the Miata (I had one in a previous life) wins... as much as I hate to say that. :(

everyone wants to race

Same, but hardly anyone wants to race. Possibly only happens to older air cooled 911s or ones which look they have some race pedigree?

If it wasn't for the humble Box :) you wouldn't be thanking the Cayenne or the Macan.  

Also a bit early to praise the Macan yet but the Cayenne, they are everywhere and deserve some credit.

The good management came in when they decided to introduce the Boxster to the dying marque :D .

The rest is history...

Yes, Ferrari sell key rings, shoes and other trinkets as well to keep up the cash flow

So. That's probably true. But at each point in Porsche's history, a certain new model has 'saved them'. So its perfectly valid to say the boxster saved them.

You could look at it from the other angle - adapt or perish!

If it wasn't for the humble Box :) you wouldn't be thanking the Cayenne or the Macan.

The good management came in when they decided to introduce the Boxster to the dying marque :D .

The rest is history...

Porsches are pretty mainstream now ; look at any private school turning circle.

20 years ago I got to know an Austrian guy who was just amazed that anyone in Oz batted an eyelid at BMWs (the symbol of success for the fairly rich over here). He said in Europe these were like our Commodores. Not built to last , and cheap. Guess what , he was right!

He revered Porsches (born a few km from Gmund) but now only has eyes for the old ones, as they are quite rare on the roads in Europe. And they remind him of a time when Porsches gave way to no other brand on the autobahn.

I put the top down today for the second time now. First was a quick run around town.

Today I took the run over Tomewin to Currumbin and back.

Wow.....

What a different feel. U ou can hear and smell all the changes and the temperature of sunny vs shade.

Had another clean run. One or two others on the road. A slow one here n there, but mostly just my own pace to soak up the delight of driving a Porsche.

Boxter not a real Porsche? Don't you dare....

I must really do a bypass on the muffler now. Just needs that extra dimension.

This morning I went for a spirited drive to Stirling for fuel, then on to Ironbank via Sturt Valley Road, Cherry Gardens, Clarendon, Kangarilla, out to Prospect Hill for a sticky beak coz I've never been there, then back to Meadows and on to Macclesfield for breakfast.  Then back home via Echunga.  About 80km round trip.  Went by myself.  Was like a bit of respite.

I got the car back on Friday from having some leaks and stuff fixed.  In the process they put a new clutch plate in.  It seems to have made a big difference to the way the car drives.  Feels like it has more power.  It certainly shifts gears easier, and it pulls harder into the higher revs in all gears.

Didn't see another Porsche on the entire trip, but I did spot a silver Ferrari and a silver Aston in a yard together.

Missed the last SMT so now was my chance.

Beautiful dawn today as I headed out towards Kilmore, Healsville, Kinglake.

300 kms quickly disappeared behind, through a magnificent spring countryside with patches of fog in the valley.

As others have said "just didn't want to stop".

took advantage of a fabulous winter day and some sunshine, and in place of PCNSW did the 6 yo birthday party run in the Boxster. Lots of city driving, but still great to get out with the roof off.

few others had the same idea, an E and F type jag, DB5 Aston, Ferrari 612 and testarossa all out about.

Bit boring I know but I drove to work in North Sydney. Managed to hit 65 for a few seconds. I think the average speed was closer to 40. At least it looked fast as I sat beside a shop looking at the reflection in the window.

Bit of a weekend away with the 356 Register in the yellow B

Started at Warrandyte to Yea via the Kangaroo Ground twisties. Then to Merindoc Vinyard at Tooborac for lunch, utilising a few more twisty bits. Then onto Castlemaine -yep more twisties and some very fast straight bits. Visited Rod Hadfield’s garage to view some of the wonderful Hot rods that he builds, then a great dinner and a glass of red (or 3 or 4) at the Public Inn Restaurant.

Then Sunday we went to Marong for the federation Picnic car display (800+ cars there) and then to Malmsbury for a late lunch then home.

Great weekend with some spirited driving with good people in great cars.

DSC_0563_zps689cf4dc.jpg

Bit of a weekend away with the 356 Register in the yellow B

Started at Warrandyte to Yea via the Kangaroo Ground twisties. Then to Merindoc Vinyard at Tooborac for lunch, utilising a few more twisty bits. Then onto Castlemaine -yep more twisties and some very fast straight bits. Visited Rod Hadfield’s garage to view some of the wonderful Hot rods that he builds, then a great dinner and a glass of red (or 3 or 4) at the Public Inn Restaurant.

Then Sunday we went to Marong for the federation Picnic car display (800+ cars there) and then to Malmsbury for a late lunch then home.

Great weekend with some spirited driving with good people in great cars.

DSC_0563_zps689cf4dc.jpg

what a fantastic weekend, and the weather was so shitty too !!    B)