Where did you drive your Porsche today?

Airhead

I went up that way a fortnight ago, but at $47.00 or similar to drive up the mountain with ten million snow bunnies in their SUV's I backed off, and went on to Marysville for a coffee.   Are they still charging that amount (which I think is a bit of=ver the top) to go up the hill?

I went through for free - there on official business :ph34r: but yeah they are still tolling the entry.  They did tell me Sunday was going to be totally free for fathers day which is pretty good of them. Funny thing was one of the staff there telling me how they get these drifter guys up there in Nissans...:huh: 

So after the above comments about the great condition of the Reefton Spur I made a last minute decision to give it a blast after seeing the dry weather report for today.  I also was desperate to give the new Bilstein coil overs a proper workout.

very early start.  Didn't do the mountain as its still being tolled for the skiers.  Even experienced two (the only two) standard cars pull over to very politely allow through.  Much appreciated. 

Met this 997.2 GT3 driver dude with a great sounding car.  Passed GUT on our return trip and gave a waive to a dark coloured 964 near Packenham :ph34r:

5a1eeb79-3570-461f-aa53-dac0ba03b6ad_zps

034cd46d-b689-403f-bb4e-6e077cec430b_zps

Guess that shows how much attention I pay to the later model cars. 996 ?

So after the above comments about the great condition of the Reefton Spur I made a last minute decision to give it a blast after seeing the dry weather report for today.  I also was desperate to give the new Bilstein coil overs a proper workout.

very early start.  Didn't do the mountain as its still being tolled for the skiers.  Even experienced two (the only two) standard cars pull over to very politely allow through.  Much appreciated. 

Met this 997.2 GT3 driver dude with a great sounding car.  Passed GUT on our return trip and gave a waive to a dark coloured 964 near Packenham :ph34r:

5a1eeb79-3570-461f-aa53-dac0ba03b6ad_zps

034cd46d-b689-403f-bb4e-6e077cec430b_zps

That's a nice GT3, Did you give him an invitation card Doug?

Good to hear your suspension held together...Ready for Canberra....

Quick wash and off to Cars and Coffee……at Bunnings Tamworth.

Next month is German Day         " please can you bring it along ? :)……. or are you watching Bathurst ?  :huh:"

"Yes….same day"

"then we are having a Beerfest……."

Took the Porsche for a run up to the family holiday house on the Murray river, accompanied by no.1 child. On the way home I got pulled over by the local cop. Seems my rears are a bit bald. I have it booked in for new rears in a couple of weeks anyway. Ended up talking to the cop for a while. He's a Porsche fan, and he's restoring an early 60's beetle. He said " sweet car, but I have to caution you about your tyres".

• 4 weeks later...