7 hours ago, LeeM said:

I have no doubt there will be opportunists flipping them 

No doubt , not the sort game I wish to play , there are a number of nice 2018 and 2019 991.2 GT3 and GT3 RS on car sales available , that,s the market I look at, you can actually buy those cars , the dealers are just playing games , can not even get a 992 GT3 they want $50K deposit and if someone cancels on an order I may get the allocation ,,,,I am certain there are dozens like me on the waiting list ...

36 minutes ago, Raven said:

No doubt , not the sort game I wish to play , there are a number of nice 2018 and 2019 991.2 GT3 and GT3 RS on car sales available , that,s the market I look at, you can actually buy those cars , the dealers are just playing games , can not even get a 992 GT3 they want $50K deposit and if someone cancels on an order I may get the allocation ,,,,I am certain there are dozens like me on the waiting list ...

This sounds like the music that has been playing the two times I’ve dealt with South Sydney.

I don’t think there’s anything untoward going on at Porsche. I was away on the weekend with 3 mates - all drive Porsche hard and track cars and all had put deposits down already (some years ago - 2018) as the idea of a GT4RS really appealed.  That was in our group of about 10 people.  Seems pretty obvious it was going to be rather special. It’s a new Porsche RS.  Seems fair they will get one first. Not flippers, not cars and coffee only, these are all hard core drivers. 

The spec has turned out even more special than expected - 4.0 GT3 engine! All rather cool.  

9 hours ago, soarer said:

Currently own a 981 GT4 and very very keen to get into an RS. Messaged a sales rep a few weeks back and was told that all 25 cars coming into the country have been bought price unknown.

Be a very slim chance that someone like myself can get into one anytime soon. Still put my name down and hoping for the best :)

That'll be the first allocation. Its miraculous how by the end of the run everyone seems to have one.

5 minutes ago, mc968cs said:

I don’t think there’s anything untoward going on at Porsche. I was away on the weekend with 3 mates - all drive Porsche hard and track cars and all had put deposits down already (some years ago - 2018) as the idea of a GT4RS really appealed.  That was in our group of about 10 people.  Seems pretty obvious it was going to be rather special. It’s a new Porsche RS.  Seems fair they will get one first. Not flippers, not cars and coffee only, these are all hard core drivers. 

The spec has turned out even more special than expected - 4.0 GT3 engine! All rather cool.  

I had my money down for the 991.2 GT3 for over 2 years when rumours started going around that it was going to be a manual. I agree, there is nothing shady going on. I've no doubt there will be the odd opportunist, but the vast majority are enthusiasts or collectors.

In regards to this car, it is far beyond what I expected and I'm now kicking myself that I didn't bother sticking an EOI down a couple of years ago.

One thing that is interesting though, apparently the tank is only 54l in north american spec. I wonder if it will be the same here.

9 hours ago, spiller said:

I had a play on the config, PCCB with WP came to 397K drive away. 400K for a cayman, GT3 donk or not, no thanks.

This^^^^^^^

22 minutes ago, mc968cs said:

What was it without PCCB and WP - ie  ‘clubsport spec? Closer to $350k? 

If you want a basic colour (not even Shark) its around $350K drive away in NSW.....

Sexy - but the way id want it (Lizard + PCCB + NO WP) came to almost $400K....

37 minutes ago, mc968cs said:

I specified one up on the Porsche Australia website. A good white club sport car, bose stereo, lots of tasty little interior trim fit outs like chrono, white dials, full leather etc and it’s under $340k driveaway……

I'm more of a colour and deviate stitch guy (and good with a vacuum) ..... but each to their own and @ $340K seems reasonable (what world am i living in.... ?)

Do you think it would be faster (well PDK i guess) than your GT3?

If thats what youre buying it for?

My understanding is that the Carbon upgrade by (Surface transformations) is now the go to? So no need to spec PCCB in that case? (lots of guys @ Bathurst swear by em....

44 minutes ago, spiller said:

Sort of relevant to this topic, interestingly the GT4CS race car gets the full 500hp. Very cool. Wonder what those are going for? Great alternative to an old cup car for track days with much much cheaper running costs in the long term. No c&c though.

My accountant just purchased a GT4 cup thingo, pretty trick car. Not sure what opportunity there is for racing it though in terms of classes etc. Typically you'd be chasing same year GT3 cup cars so would be tough to be competitive? 

4 hours ago, mc968cs said:

I specified one up on the Porsche Australia website. A good white club sport car, bose stereo, lots of tasty little interior trim fit outs like chrono, white dials, full leather etc and it’s under $340k driveaway……

Smart spec MC... when will we see it at PCNSW super sprints? :D 

I lack the restraint... really love the press car colour combo! 

My Confusilator build = $410,684* :lol: $80k in options 

Porsche Code: http://www.porsche-code.com/PNYTA818 

708891137_ScreenShot2021-11-18at1_55_35pm.thumb.jpeg.994f86904120ce40d01c5b0630dbca61.jpeg

903077646_ScreenShot2021-11-18at1_55_59pm.thumb.jpeg.d55789408996829416bd9be28ffaeda6.jpeg

3 hours ago, hugh said:

My accountant just purchased a GT4 cup thingo, pretty trick car. Not sure what opportunity there is for racing it though in terms of classes etc. Typically you'd be chasing same year GT3 cup cars so would be tough to be competitive? 

Yep you’d be in with the cup cars which would make it tough and not a great option if racing is your thing, considering you can only really use it at state level events competing for a $2 plastic trophy. I guess that’s why there are hardly any in Aus. Still a good track day tool for someone wanting a bit more of a hardcore trailered option with reliability and lower running costs.