2 hours ago, HWY said:

9000rpm? 

I was trying to work that out… it looks close, but I felt it may be capped @ 8800rpm? Gotta wait & see I guess! 

1 hour ago, spiller said:

Engine sounds like it’s going pop in the top end. Quite zingy indeed!

It sounds like it’s hurting… I like that, don’t know if I think it sounds good though? 

54 minutes ago, sleazius said:

Much better looking than the spy shots of the GT3 RS (if they end up being close to production.

The wing is nicely integrated I have to say..

16 hours ago, edgy said:

I was trying to work that out… it looks close, but I felt it may be capped @ 8800rpm? Gotta wait & see I guess! 

It sounds like it’s hurting… I like that, don’t know if I think it sounds good though? 

The wing is nicely integrated I have to say..

I’m thinking the same re: max RPM. I don’t rate the engine note in the top end at all! Car looks good though and is obviously very well planted judging by the in-car footage.

• 4 weeks later...

It has to be said, I am a really big fan of this... whilst you know it means business, I feel like it isn't lairy...

https://newsroom.porsche.com/en_AU/2021/products/porsche-718-cayman-gt4-rs-la-auto-show-26475.html 

769_003_highres.jpeg

Australian pricing

718 Cayman GT4 RS: $300,800 ^

Also love the intake! 

40 minutes ago, HWY said:

Just read the media release. Weissach package makes all the black plastic into carbon fiber.  But all RS will have the rear quarter panel.  Nice.

Question; How much lighter is carbon fibre to plastic?  

1 hour ago, hugh said:

Question; How much lighter is carbon fibre to plastic?  

To be honest Hugh not much , yes it is lighter and stronger , but will the average GT4 RS buy,r notice it .

My formula 1000 car comes with both options of panels and wings in eg Carbon or reinforced plastic and glass fiber , The carbon is stronger and looks cool raw but also cost 3 times the price when you inevitably damage something on the track racing, eg a set of front wing end plates in Plastic $200 , in carbon $500 .

If I were to buy a GT4 RS I would like the WP and all the carbon , but to be honest it is just a look or aesthetics on what would be a road car for me , if I spent that money I want the carbon .

I am certain some die hard track Rats who intend to track the GT4 RS may go for carbon also , but I know all that carbon comes at a high replacement price..  

Does anyone really want plastic over Cf…..naaah 

shizen guys. It’s got a full kit circa 9000 rpm, circa 500hp GT3 derived engine. Aero.  Brakes.  And looks.  Even prices seem lower than expected. Wow. It’s next level. 

“The naturally aspirated flat-six engine, familiar from the 911 GT3 Cup racing car and the 911 GT3 series production model, forms the centrepiece of a sports car that has been designed for maximum driving pleasure. The engine revs as high as 9,000 rpm.”

So does it get a derivative of the GT3 motor, not a more powerful version of the GT4 donk, or is “familiar from” a marketing sleight of hand here…?

Edit: apparently it is a GT3 motor

39 minutes ago, MFX said:

Anyone know what the Weissach pack costs?

Starting Price is $300k ,I think fully optioned with WP and PCCB and half a cow of leather closer to $375K still priced well compared to its bigger GT3 RS brother ..

The 992 GT3 I configured was $475K and they start at $415 , chance of getting GT4 RS ........."slim" can not even get a 992 GT3 , on the dealer waiting list ..........???????? 

Haha they did what I thought they’d never do.  EV is on the horizon so I guess they thought what the hell, stuff the GT3 engine in it.  I gave up my spot in the queue a while ago but wow, what a machine.  For me this is THE late model Porsche to have.

1 hour ago, cafe_racer said:

I was told allocations are similar numbers to the 992 gt3 touring, so even harder to get than a 992 gt3. 

Highly doubt this. Australia is the highest profit per unit market in the world for Porsche AG. We will get all the cars we want as long as we order now. 2.5 years of production, this thing isn't going to be rare by any stretch.

Either way though, very interesting bit of kit which will make a lot of people very happy no doubt.

1 hour ago, HWY said:

God, I almost feel like it’s reasonable all being considered! That’s a lot of car for the $$