Wanted 996 Turbo

EZEE

37 minutes ago, P-Kay said:

Howdy @the_sovereign_man guess you're looking for a car to give zero/low Fs about and have 100% fun?

You checked that GT2 track/tarmac weapon that was posted the other day? I think by @on_booost?

Hey @P-Kay,

you mean this one..?

https://www.carsales.com.au/cars/details/2001-porsche-911-gt2-996-manual-my02/SSE-AD-7310570

Hard to find if you're looking for a 996TT as it's advertised as a GT2..! 

1 hour ago, the_sovereign_man said:

..... Interesting to see which part of this conversation people are focused on.

It won't be the size of your bank account. I'm not the one who brought it up, you did.  You told us you had a big one and then proceeded to give a long term member a boot full of disrespect.

If you want to do that, do it on another forum. This one is about Porsche cars, and this particular sub forum is about 996 Turbos.

since I started this thread....let's talk turbos.....I actually bought a car after posting a wanted ad here (but not because of it, in the end it was a car sales ad that got me mine) and am very happy. All these discussions on price?  I paid more than the market was a year ago (naturally), maybe more than what others perceive to be market, that's the way it is, especially in an increasing market. I still see good value at current prices and apparently so do others. I'd buy another believe it or not. As for the guy asking $200K, good luck to him, I am keen on these models but wouldn't stretch to that today, doesn't mean it isn't worth it but if someone will pay that then all is good: if not the vendor has to decide what to do - lower his price or keep. It seems simple or am I missing something here?

Here is a question to keep on topic - what's the premium for an "S" in this market then? And are there any out that would sell? I am curious.....and would be interested :)

1 hour ago, jakroo said:

It won't be the size of your bank account. I'm not the one who brought it up, you did.  You told us you had a big one and then proceeded to give a long term member a boot full of disrespect.

If you want to do that, do it on another forum. This one is about Porsche cars, and this particular sub forum is about 996 Turbos.

The disrespect started when I was called a tire kicker, all I said was to "jog on".

1 hour ago, EZEE said:

since I started this thread....let's talk turbos.....I actually bought a car after posting a wanted ad here (but not because of it, in the end it was a car sales ad that got me mine) and am very happy. All these discussions on price?  I paid more than the market was a year ago (naturally), maybe more than what others perceive to be market, that's the way it is, especially in an increasing market. I still see good value at current prices and apparently so do others. I'd buy another believe it or not. As for the guy asking $200K, good luck to him, I am keen on these models but wouldn't stretch to that today, doesn't mean it isn't worth it but if someone will pay that then all is good: if not the vendor has to decide what to do - lower his price or keep. It seems simple or am I missing something here?

Here is a question to keep on topic - what's the premium for an "S" in this market then? And are there any out that would sell? I am curious.....and would be interested :)

They made circa 1500 Turbo S'.

600 were coupe's

Majority were tippers.  

I expect premium for a manual coupe is probably 20% over a 6TT manual coupe

6 hours ago, EZEE said:

Based on an "S"  I sold a coupla years back, I'd say a 60 - 70k premium over a like for like extremely low K 6TT man coupe (with rare options)....

6 hours ago, Troubleshooter said:

Based on an "S"  I sold a coupla years back, I'd say a 60 - 70k premium over a like for like extremely low K 6TT man coupe (with rare options)....

Back to 2008. There was a beautiful 05 S for sale in SA for $180k. Milage round 8k.

And I also looked at a GT3 RS for 180k with under 10k. But thought the roll cage might have been a pain getting in and out being a work car! Silly me.

thanks for the input guys....thats great conversation and puts things into perspective market wise. For the record I'd happily pay $170K + or - .......for an S right now, right car etc..... it makes sense if "normal" TTs are what they are. For now end of lockdown might be a better idea so we can actually drive, have coffee, chat with mates etc.....I am not starting that discussion :) just saying it'd be nice to use our cars freely ...

16 hours ago, AU924CGT said:

Interesting to see where the market is today. Fabulous car.

As reference. I purchased a 2004 black manual coupe in 2008. One owner, mileage round 20k. I paid $140k back then. The car sold for $319 new in 2004. It was late 2004 model if I recall.

Was this for a tt or TTS?