STUTTFEST is now a TRACK’FEST

Skidmarks

OK, I have confirmed that my mate has booked accommodation separately (that's 2 of us from Tassie at this stage), so there will be a spare bed going in my room at Glider City if anyone wants to share.  Warning, I do snore a bit and have been known to f@rt in my sleep too.  DM me if interested...

FYI, when I was checking with Michael at Glider City that I had a twin room booked, he did advise that he and Mandy had sold the hotel, and would be moving back to Adelaide in November.  There will be no bus, as the new owners didn't seem to be too interested in providing customer service (his words), so I hope the motel will still be in good shape in January....

15 hours ago, spiller said:

Thanks fellas I’ll have a look at glider city. Now to entice the wife. @edgy maybe I’ll follow your lead and chuck her on a plane with kids and enjoy some quiet time to myself for 10 hours with the 110db exhaust 🤣.

Closest airport is Albury it says... 1.5 hours 🤔 see below 👇

14 hours ago, Gavin (CliffToCoast) said:

I've offered third class seats in the defender towing a lump behind (lets call it 8 hours) to try & cut the hangers on down a little :)  Might be a busy weekend for the airport too....

As above, maybe I throw the car on the trailer and drive Macaroni Turbo down, Premium Economy for all? 

11 minutes ago, TwoHeadsTas said:

so I hope the motel will still be in good shape in January....

GT3's are made for yobbos anyway, I am sure it'll be fine 

1 hour ago, TwoHeadsTas said:

FYI, when I was checking with Michael at Glider City that I had a twin room booked, he did advise that he and Mandy had sold the hotel, and would be moving back to Adelaide in November.  There will be no bus, as the new owners didn't seem to be too interested in providing customer service (his words), so I hope the motel will still be in good shape in January....

So no free bus ride to and from the pub this time.... bugger 😫

We’ll, it seems we guessed right and there’s some interest …

Make sure to register your interest to make sure you get your place.

The web page will be upgraded and updated next week to provide information about the track schedule and costs etc.

When entries formally open, there will be a click through link to take you to the page where you enter your details (and part with your cash!)

7 minutes ago, TwoHeadsTas said:

Just heard from a very good source that Tony Quinn has just purchased a Jagermeister livery 962 that will be bought to Australia.  Anybody know him?  That would be a great car to see and hear at Stutt'fest!!!!

I don’t know him but know how to get to him… thanks for the heads up.

We’re also looking for people to bring their rare cars out

So, if you know anyone with some fruity gear in the shed, let them know about STUTT’FEST. 

7 hours ago, Skidmarks said:

UPDATE

Details of race categories coming soon.

There’ll be loads of time to race, watch racing, wait for your race, look at race cars, race … 

We’re also working on some things to do at track as well as away from the track if that’s your bag.

Stay tuned. 

Any details as to licensing requirements for racing  at this event Sven? Will it be in line with Motorsport Australia requirements?

15 hours ago, LeeM said:

Financial bribes would probably work @spiller

Correct.

17 hours ago, spiller said:

Any details as to licensing requirements for racing  at this event Sven? Will it be in line with Motorsport Australia requirements?

For Regularity and other non racing laps, it's a Motorsport Australia level L2S (simple buy it on line exercise) or the AASA equivalent (can be bought on the weekend but safer to get beforehand to save time and hassle).

For racing, you'll need a PC (Provisional Circuit) or higher Motorsport Australia or AASA equivalent.

I went through the Supplementary Regs today and we're going through the approvals process.

Anticipated opening of entries is November 1.  Al those who have completed the EOI will get an email.  I'll also post ehere but to be sure, jump onto the web site and complete the EOI so you get the news first.

Update!!

New additions to the www.stuttfest.com.au site.

More information about the event, race categories and various "happenings" are now there for your review and most importantly, action!

Supplementary (event) regulations will be out soon and the target date for formal opening of entries is 1 November. 

Remember, it's not going to drive itself so if you want your car there, get registered, sort out your mates, book accommodation and make plans .  I think we're at over 200 that have registered so far so make sure you register.  No danger of missing out - yet ...

Be there!

• 2 weeks later...
10 hours ago, Skidmarks said:

Entries are OPEN!!

stuttfest.com.au

Heads up mate, I followed the link in my email to the site to register, I fill in the details, and submit the payment then the site just sits in limbo status... I let it go for 5-10 mins, no change, (no charges taken) refreshed, filled in the form again.. same problem. 

Anyone else having this issue? I am on Safari browser. 

1 hour ago, edgy said:

Heads up mate, I followed the link in my email to the site to register, I fill in the details, and submit the payment then the site just sits in limbo status... I let it go for 5-10 mins, no change, (no charges taken) refreshed, filled in the form again.. same problem. 

Same here... just spoke to Jodi they made adjustments to the site but still not working 

Edit: if using Safari it may have some issues, go to file & new private window then go to the Stuttfest site & complete the form

3 hours ago, edgy said:

Same